Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 08/12/2019, 07:20 AM   #1
Oldreeferman
Registered Member

If you don't have a QT or the time to deal with one then looks to be a good safe solution but most with large DTs have a QT anyway unless its an office or something. Some fish are pretty expensive as is and as long as you know your up to the task of properly doing a QT then patience is all you require & save some $$$ also. If i had unlimited funds & a huge DT id probably give it a try tho if i had no QT tank on hand. Looks like he covers all the issues very well long as the salinity is a match when you receive it. Just my .02 worth. Would be interesting to see what the full charges are......

Current Tank Info: Nano Reef tank
Unread 08/12/2019, 10:17 AM   #2
Anemone
Cloning Around

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Kevin

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 425XL w/Kessil AP700, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 x Vortech MP40s
Unread 08/12/2019, 07:35 PM   #3
Oldreeferman
Registered Member

Your original post vanished!

Current Tank Info: Nano Reef tank
Unread 08/12/2019, 07:55 PM   #4
on the spot
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnumair View Post
Not sure what happened
I suspect it's the non supporting vendor link.

Unread 08/12/2019, 08:26 PM   #5
OhsCC
Registered Member

I like it but it hard to tell the final cost. It looks like shipping is your responsibility. I always say if a fish will live for 2 months, it will live for a long time. I would be a buyer if the price is say $30 more per fish. I like the idea.

On a side note, captive bred fish are on the rise and those are pretty sterile tanks.

Unread 08/13/2019, 04:26 AM   #6
OhsCC
Registered Member

That all seem pretty fair and really worth the money if you do not qt yourself. I have seen so many people leave the hobby over diseases taking over the whole tank.

I’ll keep this in mind if I need larger fish or a lot of fish that are hard to qt yourself with limited space. I do not like adding anything to my tanks in fear of disease. Especially these days when I see so many more diseases.

Closed Thread