Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/27/2013, 04:33 PM   #1
kewadiak
Registered Member

Need closed loop help i have pictures.

Okay so I went with a closed loop system because I did not want any power heads. I am almost now regretting spending a small fortune on closed loop equipment. Here are my problems I am using a reefloo super dart gold with a OM 4 way Version 3 - has them opposed (ie) 1 & 3, 4 & 2, repeated. I have one inch bulk heads in the bottom of my tank. I bought flow accelerators that are 1 inch. my problem now is with a one inch flow accelerator they look huge and unsightly on the bottom of the tank. I took the flow accelerators off to just use the 1 inch lock line and the pump sends a stream of water out that is so powerful it bubbles out the top of the tank like a geyser. Does any one have any suggestions or can tell my how to position the nozzles in the right direction? In the pictures the second closed loop pump is not hooked up until I can figure my problems out??? Right now as you see in the pictures around the cliff shaped rock the water just diagonal shots across? If any one wants to even sketch me a diagram of a flow pattern even better tank dimensions are 72x36x24

kewadiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2013, 04:52 PM   #2
pledosophy
Registered Member

Instead of pointing them up can you point them sideways? There is a Y shaped piece of locline that if they are still to powerful you could split each of those into two.

Unread 11/27/2013, 05:14 PM   #3
kewadiak
Registered Member

It's actually one inch that came with the flow accelerators so they don't make any attachments. The biggest loc. line is 3/4. As for pointing them sideways yes would work but isn't that to much flow for the corals I was thinking more of a flow for lps

kewadiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Aquatron
Refugium pat.#D414,242

You have a nice set up and your future reef will enjoy the flow you have chosen There are many options BUT first with a close loop system you should see where flow nasal's need placed to achieve the flow you desire. Here are just a few options install clear pvc short pipe pieces with clear 45s, Cover your outlets within your rock scape, install custom built outlets, cover outlets with marine life.
I will post a picture tomorrow of a small 1" adjustable flow accelerator, you are at a fun part with your build.....water...no regrets causes a drop in focus

Aquatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Tszat
Registered Member

Sorry, I don't have help for you with your closed loop, but I'm curious. Are you using the tank to separate your entry to the room? Cool idea if that's what I'm seeing...

Tszat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2013, 01:07 AM   #6
das75
Registered Member

point them sideway even 45°, idea is to get overall movement random flow in the tank. As said, seen where people have made little rock island over nozzles to cover and looks good, can drill LR and can also buy (example)

Current Tank Info: 145g Starfire display (mixed reef) w/75g basement sump & 20g refugium, Barracuda return, Dart w/OM 4way CL, AI Hydras and Director.
das75 is offline   Reply With Quote