Reef Central Online Community
Tunze USA

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 12/23/2019, 02:16 PM   #4151
Arnaldo24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
I could be wrong but are those time points for the T5s? If so I believe they need to go straight up and down... the 60" LED Powermodule is not dimmable. Unless I'm not reading that right?

Have you tried the ATI program on a laptop? Its not hard to program.

Thanks for the advise
Fortunately my issue was resolved by the guys at ATi.
Unfortunately i needed to buy a new controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01/10/2020, 01:43 AM   #4152
Nickmcc
Registered Member

Does anyone have a recommended schedule for this light?

Nickmcc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2020, 03:35 AM   #4153
kirsto71
Registered Member

I have an 8 bulb unit and one of the pairs of T5’s doesn’t light when the unit starts up each day. If I twist one of the bulbs just a touch the two lights light up and stay on all day without any issues. This I a little painful. I am guessing that the ballast is OK as the bulbs stay on. My question is what is the likely fault. Is it the bulb (I’m assuming it is one of them that is causing the pair to fail to start) or is it the bulb fitting.

Thanks

Marc

Current Tank Info: 7x3x2 Reef Tank
kirsto71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2020, 07:29 PM   #4154
Nickmcc
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsto71 View Post
I have an 8 bulb unit and one of the pairs of T5’s doesn’t light when the unit starts up each day. If I twist one of the bulbs just a touch the two lights light up and stay on all day without any issues. This I a little painful. I am guessing that the ballast is OK as the bulbs stay on. My question is what is the likely fault. Is it the bulb (I’m assuming it is one of them that is causing the pair to fail to start) or is it the bulb fitting.

Thanks
I get the same problem occasionally and seems to fix itself after twisting the bulb. Try switching the bulb out with another.

Nickmcc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2020, 11:20 AM   #4155
MrSkumFrog
Registered Member

I’m really contemplating a Hybrid Powermodule for my RSR 425 (47”x22.6”x22”) lxwxh.
The three Reef 90s are way too blue and the coral’s Yellows, Reds and Purples are weak. I get bare spots on the undersides of my corals.

In regards to those dimensions, would the 6 bulb T5/LED Hybrid be too little light or would the 8 bulb be too much PAR?

My situation.
I live in Germany and I’ll move back to the US in 4 years; so I want to make sure the fixture will work in the US. I’ve heard that the fixtures are dual voltage. I contacted ATI Germany and I have not got a response yet. If you have the Led/T5 Hybrid Powermodule, does the power supply controller state 110v-220v?

Danke

Old 03/04/2020, 11:59 AM   #4156
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmcc View Post
I get the same problem occasionally and seems to fix itself after twisting the bulb. Try switching the bulb out with another.
This may be due to corrosion on the end caps, twisting them scrapes a clean spot allowing it to make better contact. If the fixture is a few years old you may want to remove and clean them or replace them to prevent this.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2020, 12:06 PM   #4157
[email protected] ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkumFrog View Post
I’m really contemplating a Hybrid Powermodule for my RSR 425 (47”x22.6”x22”) lxwxh.
The three Reef 90s are way too blue and the coral’s Yellows, Reds and Purples are weak. I get bare spots on the undersides of my corals.

In regards to those dimensions, would the 6 bulb T5/LED Hybrid be too little light or would the 8 bulb be too much PAR?

My situation.
I live in Germany and I’ll move back to the US in 4 years; so I want to make sure the fixture will work in the US. I’ve heard that the fixtures are dual voltage. I contacted ATI Germany and I have not got a response yet. If you have the Led/T5 Hybrid Powermodule, does the power supply controller state 110v-220v?

Danke
You'll just need a new cord, however the 60" German fixture will not work here.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2020, 09:41 AM   #4158
MrSkumFrog
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ATI NA View Post
You'll just need a new cord, however the 60" German fixture will not work here.

Thanks Keith! 🤝

Old 03/26/2020, 07:15 AM   #4159
erich1980
Registered Member

Issue with 8X80W + 4X75W (NO WIFI)

Hi, I bought pre-owned lamp and it was working properly for a few weeks. I have recently replaced bulbs and now issues began. I am running lamp on default settings. When lamp should go to full on mode two bulbs do not start. When I physically connect and disconnect voltage they eventually starts. Reseting doesn't work. I was trying to update firmware via photo-studio but it is not active (guess firmware is valid). What can be the issue here? Any recommendations?

erich1980 is offline   Reply With Quote