Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/06/2019, 02:32 PM   #1
Xandernfs
Registered Member

Alternatives to Aquavitro Fuel?

I've been using Fuel with a lot of success however, it is hard for me to find since my LFS is 45 minutes away. I can only find 8oz online and buy 1 liter at a time. Is there anything that I can use as an alternative?

My corals look great when using Fuel and I am primarily using this to keep my nitrates up. I struggle to keep my nitrates above 1ppm.

Also, I do NOT want to use reef energy. I'm not a fan after using it for 6 months.

Xandernfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2019, 03:19 PM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Seachem Reef Plus seems to be almost the same if not the same product based on its posted ingredients..

Unread 12/06/2019, 09:58 PM   #3
elishapep
Registered Member

To be honest if it’s working for you don’t change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elishapep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2019, 02:52 PM   #4
Uncle99
Crab Free Zone

Both Reef Plus and Aquavitro Fuel are a product of Seachem which has been in business for more than 3 decades.

The Aquavitro line is supposedly a premium line in comparison to the old SEACHEM line however I have no idea if this is just a reinvention of the same with a new look and price.

I used Aquavitro Fuel for a year and corals looked great, full, good colour, then switched to Reef Plus. After 6 months of Reef Plus, the corals just did not seem as happy as the Fuel.

Been another 1.5 years now back on Aquavitro Fuel delivered through my ATO along with iodide and strontium in my 65g at a rate of 30ml per week, iodide and strontium at 20ml per week.

Can't say it's better, but it did seem to produce good results

One thing for sure, the Aquavitro caps look nice but are crap if you want to use as a measure.

Uncle99 is offline   Reply With Quote