Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/07/2019, 10:33 AM   #10901
3xplorer19
Registered Member

Hello all. I'm Benny from Flushing, Queens. I currently have an Aquatop Recife Eco 24 gallon tank that is 3 months old 2 days ago today. I currently have 1 percula clownfish, 1 royal blue hippo tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 midas golden blenny, yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp. Also have 20 corals, 1 BTA and 1 rainbow BTA that just splitted into 2. I am here cause I need to know more about the hobby and I also will be having quesetions

3xplorer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2019, 10:39 AM   #10902
3xplorer19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xplorer19 View Post
Hello all. I'm Benny from Flushing, Queens. I currently have an Aquatop Recife Eco 24 gallon tank that is 3 months old 2 days ago today. I currently have 1 percula clownfish, 1 royal blue hippo tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 midas golden blenny, yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp. Also have 20 corals, 1 BTA and 1 rainbow BTA that just splitted into 2. I am here cause I need to know more about the hobby and I also will be having quesetions

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02425776-67D6-4715-81AF-2059A0611DAC.jpg (53.0 KB, 30 views)
Unread 11/11/2019, 06:55 AM   #10903
3xplorer19
Registered Member

hey guys, i tried looking for a topic about "ich" on the search and didn't get any info. anyways i think i might have ich on my nano 24 g tank. i have a 10 g tank that i'm acclimating as a nursery or qt. how do i really verify that it is an ich 1. what would you recommend and 2. what steps must i do to cure? do i take all 6 fishes out including the pistol shrimp? please help me.

Unread 11/11/2019, 10:33 AM   #10904
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xplorer19 View Post
hey guys, i tried looking for a topic about "ich" on the search and didn't get any info. anyways i think i might have ich on my nano 24 g tank. i have a 10 g tank that i'm acclimating as a nursery or qt. how do i really verify that it is an ich 1. what would you recommend and 2. what steps must i do to cure? do i take all 6 fishes out including the pistol shrimp? please help me.
I guess you should stay a new post for this. What made you think that it's ich , post some pic or discription so that someone can positively identify and then you should start treating the fish. Inverts donot get infected by ick and can be left in the display tank. Fish need to be treated in hospital tank.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2019, 02:24 PM   #10905
cherylm123
Registered Member

Hello, I’m Cheryl Recently purchased a used 35 gallon saltwater cube from a guy on Facebook along with rock/filter/skimmer/other accessories. Looking forward to the help on this page, finding good info already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cherylm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2019, 06:11 PM   #10906
Atom606
Registered Member

Hi guys my name is adam and I'm glad to be here I have kept fresh water for around 5 years now a couple years off and on before but finally stable and able to dive into it heavy I currently have 2 fresh water tanks and working on doing a 75 gallon reef tank I've been researching this site for years I always knew I was going to do a reef tank so tried to learn as much as possible until I was ready and nows the time I just hope I dont bother people with a bunch of questions hope you all are having a great evening

Atom606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2019, 04:40 PM   #10907
Palytoeass
Registered Member

Hey guys I'm palytoeass. I have a 13.5 gallon fluval and am new to reef central and the hobby.

Palytoeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2019, 07:58 PM   #10908
magnolia95
Registered Member

Finally committing!

Hi all, this is a little embarrassing. I've had an awesome Elos setup for 7 (gulp) years and it hasn't yet seen a drop of water Life just got in the way after I bought it and well, you know that story.

Anyway I've been in freshwater for many years and wanted to take the plunge into the salty world. Honestly I'm really scared, I've forgotten everything I researched all those years ago and can't even remember how to set up my sump or plumbing or pumps or anything.

Guess I'll just have to start reading again and asking for some help. Looking forward to the journey
Maggie

magnolia95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/13/2019, 12:00 PM   #10909
EmmaQ
Registered Member

Hello! My name is Emma. I have a small aquarium for 4.5 years. I'm a new one at this forum, I have already found some topics that interest me. I will be glad to continue reading your forum and meet new people here)

EmmaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/25/2019, 07:38 AM   #10910
NuEoK
Registered Member

New here! 5 years in the hobby thought I join the fun here.

NuEoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2019, 11:01 AM   #10911
thislittlefishi
Registered Member

New!

Hey there! I'm new to the forum and to fishkeeping. Got new supplies for Christmas, so excited to get into things. Doing loads of research before starting out, though, cause I don't want to kill my fish or plants or whatever else I choose to stock!

Thanks.

thislittlefishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2020, 01:02 PM   #10912
Motty86
Registered Member

Hi guys, setting up again after being out of the hobby for 5 years, my names Dan from lancs, uk.
Looking to start another mixed reef tank with an aquaone 275.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Motty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2020, 05:22 PM   #10913
socialmedia
Registered Member

Hi all, new to the game! My friend who owned a reef store got me into this and I haven't looked back. So far I have a 55 gallon, live in D.C. (doing social media marketing) and want more fish!

socialmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/11/2020, 06:27 PM   #10914
Eugenious
Registered Member

Hello

Hello my name is Eugene and rebooting my 29 gallon corallife nano tank and will posting a lot of questions in days to come to help me succeed.

Looking forward to sharing my limited experience and gaining from everyone else!

Eugenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/12/2020, 10:44 AM   #10915
Bonanza
Registered Member

Hello, new guy here. Getting my bearings as there is quite a bit of new stuff to learn now that I'm back in the hobby. Anyway, new to RC, but not the hobby.

Bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2020, 09:03 PM   #10916
rocker
Registered Member

Hey. Another Adam here. Just thinking about getting back into the hobby again. As I did back in 04 when I registered to this site. Never did get back into it though. I had a 90 gallon back in the pre internet days. Almost 25 years ago now. Anyway I am back into reading and thinking about a new reef. I see the live rock and coral dont seem to be what they used to be but the technology and lighting seem to be better. I remember I had 2 mh lights that cost $400 a piece with a huge square ballast. I have a few extra dollars and am considering around a hundred gallon set up unless my wallet talks me out of it.

rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2020, 05:52 PM   #10917
jollygreensg
Registered Member

Name is Scott.

Been out of the hobby for about 10 years now. But finally able to get back in.

So much has changed since then. Looking at getting a Nuvo 40 from IM. Or something similar.

Glad to be back.

Any suggestions would love to hear them.

Current Tank Info: None but looking for a new tank
jollygreensg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/25/2020, 09:16 AM   #10918
D4rkAngel
Registered Member

Hi everyone! I'm new to the hobby of having a saltwater tank.
My 20 gallon is 7 months old with some corals and i find it pretty cool taking care of it !

D4rkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/30/2020, 05:47 PM   #10919
whiskeyandwine
Registered Member

Hi everyone so use to have a larger thriving 65 gallon lost it due to an electrical outage and back up didn't kick on. Been at least 3 years start a small 10 gallon did the cycle added a fish and it was fine than died now it is literally preserved under this white substances any odea?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

whiskeyandwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2020, 08:41 AM   #10920
James5
Registered Member

Hi everybody! I'm new to Reef Central here. Would be great to have this marine and reef aquarium hobby. So I'm a beginner. I live in Athens apartments now and love learning information about coral reefs in Greece Hope this forum will educate me about all these great things

James5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2020, 11:01 AM   #10921
Justinlee120
Registered Member

Ohio New Reefer

Hey, glad to be here. I am here in the Dayton Ohio area and have just started setting up my first reef tank about a month ago. It's a 60g cube, it should be a lot of fun. I've done planted freshwater for a couple of years and have wanted to get into reefing for a while. I finally decided to and I'm looking forward to it.

Justinlee120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2020, 11:22 AM   #10922
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyandwine View Post
did the cycle added a fish and it was fine than died now it is literally preserved under this white substances any odea?
@whiskeyandwine that is bacteria covering/feeding on the dead carcass.

Unread 02/08/2020, 02:13 PM   #10923
lprnvr
Registered Member

Hello all friends,

I am Alperen from Istanbul, Turkey and 24. I have got into the saltwater hobby about 1 week ago. I am new to hobby so this is my first experience. I am so excited about this. I really like reef aquariums. So, I setup my 20 gal nano reef tank.

I heard this forum from my friend. I am really excited to learn details about this hobby. Glad to join here.

lprnvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2020, 02:35 AM   #10924
Jennifer84
Registered Member

Hi, new to the reefing community and this group as well... just finished taking apart, cleaning and reassembling/sealing a 150 gallon aquarium... (my first one ever to rebuild)... doinga water tight test tomorrow... and then on to the planning phase... I know I want a reef aquarium... and would love to have clown fish as my main attraction other than the reef... so with that being said lets talk equipment... what is needed? What brands does everyone recommend? Is there any do’s/don’ts for a newbie? Best tank mates for clown fish? I already have about 120 pounds of dry rock... it was pre used by someone else... and little is known about his reef tank... so best ways to clean the rock? Tips for my reef design? Pretty much talk to me about everything and dumb it down for me lol... I am a newbie and just starting to learn... although i have put in about 200 hrs of research on youtube, and facebook forums... so I am familiar with some of it, but for the sake of me learning the right way and not risking the life of anything I place in my tank please guide me like I have never even touched an aquarium before... thanks!

Jennifer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2020, 08:42 PM   #10925
gilbertj77080
Registered Member

new member here and fairly new to the hobby. in houston texas and wanted to say hello to everyone, and apologize in advance for all the stupid questions i will ask.

gilbertj77080 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain coral, new member, sick coral