Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/13/2015, 05:57 PM   #51
monkiboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderG60 View Post
I did and I see nothing but them saying they are testing stuff and moving to a new location.
while perhaps not the kind you want to read, they are updates nonetheless. I've only seen them there so I guess stay tuned?

monkiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2015, 05:11 AM   #52
zzz111
Registered Member

its getting boring, lets have some fun, anyone want to bet it comes out in 2015 :-)

zzz111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2015, 05:18 AM   #53
zzz111
Registered Member

btw do they ever interact with hobbyists on priority of test items? like who cares about ammonia, and o2, how come po4 was not on that long list? anyone paid attention to that list in the first post? but anyway, if that thing tests one thing and one thing only, alk, i'll buy it if it comes out before i quit this hobby

zzz111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2015, 05:23 AM   #54
reefwiser
Registered Member

They say mid 2015 on the FaceBook page which has not been updated since November 26th 2014

reefwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2015, 06:36 PM   #55
Ben_1313
Registered Member

It's too bad they announced it too early IMO, still would LOVE one of these though.

I just hope they're spending all of this time putting every component through the ringer to make a really solid product.

My Picotope Reborn
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2393544
Ben_1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2015, 01:18 PM   #56
Salty150
Registered Member

Here is their latest -

Mindstream Aquarium Monitoring System

March 23 at 6:18am

“Thank you everyone for continuing to check in on our progress with MindStream! We recently raised another round of capital towards continuing our R&D efforts and advancing us much closer to launching our product. We have now developed and built more sophisticated testing and validation chambers. We also now have in our labs new state-of-the-art CO2 and pH instruments (oceanographic grade) so we can validate the high analytical sensitivity, absolute accuracy, resolution, low drift and detection capabilities of our water monitors. We are also very pleased to report we have resolved a challenging issue with humidity infiltration through the plastics we had originally used for our monitors. Stay tuned for the upcoming launch of our new Web site in a week or two. The MindStream team.”

If this ever launches and is accurate - it could be a big game changer...

Salty150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/14/2015, 05:54 AM   #57
deniz
Registered Member

"In a week or two"
Broken promises again and again and again

deniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2015, 05:50 AM   #58
EnderG60
Plumbing Engineer

Im just going to lump this into the same category as the alk monitor from years past.

Just another front to raise money with broken promises. Been hearing 2 weeks for what, 2 years now?

EnderG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2015, 02:50 PM   #59
dtaranath
Premium Member

They're holding focus groups this week. I have one tonight, so I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of things they are looking to improve upon.

Unread 07/05/2015, 06:24 PM   #60
jminick2
Registered Member

any updates on this ???? I don't have facebook to see their page.

jminick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2015, 10:28 AM   #61
Ginu
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminick2 View Post
any updates on this ???? I don't have facebook to see their page.

They will be at MACNA and they are releasing their product there from my understanding.

Looks promising and I'd like to get in on it

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2015, 10:35 AM   #62
DopeCantWin
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
They will be at MACNA and they are releasing their product there from my understanding.

Looks promising and I'd like to get in on it
Do you have a source?

DopeCantWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2015, 10:43 AM   #63
Ginu
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeCantWin View Post
Do you have a source?
It looks like they will be releasing some new information about a campaign within the week based on their July 21 FB post

They have quite a few updates on their Facebook page like :

July 9
We are excited to say that we will be attending MACNA - Marine Aquarium Conference of North America in September, where we will officially announce the MindStream monitor and demo our cutting edge technology for attendees. In the meantime, stay tuned here on Facebook as we are unveiling a major campaign in a few weeks, and we know you'll want to be a part of it.

July 17
Ready for a sneak peek behind the curtain? Here’s a look at a few of our newest MindStream monitor test chambers. We custom built them for high accuracy benchmark testing of the MindStream monitor that will be unveiled to all of you very soon. To confirm our monitor works in a variety of aquarium environments, we vary water temperature, flow, and chemistry while measuring for accuracy at every step.

July 20
We're having a great Monday here at Step Ahead Innovations! Here’s our latest batch of internal beta MindStream monitor units completed over the weekend. We now have just one week before we unveil an exciting new campaign to our supporters!

July 21
We have been using Sunburst Sensors pH and CO2 measuring equipment to benchmark the accuracy of the MindStream monitor. Sunburst’s systems are used in very high precision oceanographic research and they represent the “gold standard” in measuring these two parameters. With those kinds of credentials, we figured these systems would be a good way to measure the accuracy of the MindStream monitor, and we have been thrilled with the results. Yesterday, Sunburst Sensors was named as the overall winner of the global Wendy Schmidt Ocean Health XPRIZE competition for the most accurate and precise pH sensors in measuring ocean chemistry out of 24 competing teams! We are proud to be working with such an accomplished team. Congratulations Sunburst Sensors!

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 07:55 AM   #64
mhurley
RC Staff

Their Kickstarter launched today.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...uarium-monitor

Current Tank Info: 60G Cube
mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 08:01 AM   #65
Duc1098
Registered Member

Let's get them support so we can get a great product on the market for our hobby!

Current Tank Info: Currently Tankless
Duc1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 08:01 AM   #66
strike2867
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
Lots of good info there, some sad. Most importantly release date is planned for Feb 2016. The disks need to be replaced monthly for 30-50, on top of the cost of the unit at 700-900.

strike2867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 08:57 AM   #67
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike2867 View Post
Lots of good info there, some sad. Most importantly release date is planned for Feb 2016. The disks need to be replaced monthly for 30-50, on top of the cost of the unit at 700-900.
But if you help fund the KickStarter, you are looking at only $495. I guess you only have to decide if its the info is worth it for you. If you use a professional lab style testing service, this may really appeal to you!

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 09:23 AM   #68
jminick2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post
But if you help fund the KickStarter, you are looking at only $495. I guess you only have to decide if its the info is worth it for you. If you use a professional lab style testing service, this may really appeal to you!
so if you pledge 495 u get one for free OR you still have to pay but you get it early?

Current Tank Info: 300g sps tank
Unread 07/27/2015, 09:38 AM   #69
805reef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminick2 View Post
so if you pledge 495 u get one for free OR you still have to pay but you get it early?
If you pledge to pay $495 you will get the minstream unit a monitoring disc and a tshirt for that price.

300 gallon peninsula, return:RD3 Speedy 230, Turbo's Rev4 L2 Algae Turf Scrubber, (2) Gyre 150s, Advanced Acrylic sump, (4) Ocean Revive T247s, Apex (classic w/ black sticker;):D)
805reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 09:39 AM   #70
jminick2
Registered Member

I'm doing it

Current Tank Info: 300g sps tank
Unread 07/27/2015, 09:41 AM   #71
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805reef View Post
If you pledge to pay $495 you will get the minstream unit a monitoring disc and a tshirt for that price.
Spread the word!

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 09:49 AM   #72
805reef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post
Spread the word!
I'm spreading it!

I just pledged for the December shipping date offer.

MACNA is September 4-6 and Mindstream is supposed to be there so we should get some good reports in about the unit at that time. If it looks really bad you can cancel your kickstarter pledge by September 6th so the dates work out well.

300 gallon peninsula, return:RD3 Speedy 230, Turbo's Rev4 L2 Algae Turf Scrubber, (2) Gyre 150s, Advanced Acrylic sump, (4) Ocean Revive T247s, Apex (classic w/ black sticker;):D)
805reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 09:58 AM   #73
soulpatch
Registered Member

I dont mind the opening cost of the unit but they have to bring down the disk prices. They had initially pledged 90 days with each disk and that has now dropped to 30. The cost was also supposed to be cheaper then testing yourself (with the 90 day disk anyway) and now has gone up considerably over manual testing to the point that the convenience factor is costing way too much to be worthwhile.

They also supposedly just closed a massive round of capital so I find it concerning that they need a kickstarter. Either that line of capital backed out or they are running into more issues and need more funding.

I hate testing as much as anyone but unless they can get the price reasonable for the replacement disks and stabilize their timelines I will hold onto my money a bit longer...

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 10:07 AM   #74
BuzzPion
Registered Member

If they gave me the gadget for free I would pass. $50 per month on consumables? That is laughable. Also, I dislike hardware that is dependant on the cloud or internet to function.

Let's see what the $495 beta testers have to say.

BuzzPion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 10:25 AM   #75
acesq
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805reef View Post
I'm spreading it!

I just pledged for the December shipping date offer.

MACNA is September 4-6 and Mindstream is supposed to be there so we should get some good reports in about the unit at that time. If it looks really bad you can cancel your kickstarter pledge by September 6th so the dates work out well.
I pledged to be a beta tester. Hopefully they will have a fully functional unit at MACNA and can demonstrate its accuracy for the other tested parameters besides pH.