Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/17/2015, 08:27 PM   #26
reefwars
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak View Post
What if none of these things were a problem, then what? Remember everything else looks great, (sps, LPS, softies) it's just the Gold Mauls that are grumpy. I just don't see how an alkalinity swing or a sudden drop or spike in phosphates would only affect one coral & none of the others. I guess it's possible, but unlikely IMO. Thank you for the replies though.
Its not that hard to imagine , For the same reason why a colonie would melt and another by its side of the same type may not , it's no different then losing a single head of frogspawn while the others live on and grow , individually some animals just don't take certain conditions as well as others do.

So with your mauls maybe for some reason they are not liking the system for what it is right now , what the change could be who knows really its most likely impossible to pinpoint but isn't far fetched to believe it could be something so small and simple

reefwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/18/2015, 11:05 AM   #27
cloak
Moved On

I guess I'll just chalk it up to a fluke then and stay away from some of these problematic varieties. (unless I can get a polyp for dirt cheap) I've been doing pretty much the same thing each week to this tank for the past 6 years and I'm not about to start tweaking things just to compensate for the loss of a small colony of zoanthids. (as beautiful as they were)

Thanks for the replies everyone.

cloak is offline   Reply With Quote