Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/30/2017, 08:03 AM   #4826
rishma
Registered Member

I am in the small minority of reefers that like a daylight spectrum for viewing. I suppose this comes from the days when I ran iwasaki 65k halides with VHO actinics.

I run my white greens and reds higher than my blue spectrums
I still don't love the color, but I've only had the light for a couple months so I'm still tweaking.

I suppose this is a compromise too, between me and the corals.

rishma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2017, 01:43 PM   #4827
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishma View Post
I am in the small minority of reefers that like a daylight spectrum for viewing. I suppose this comes from the days when I ran iwasaki 65k halides with VHO actinics.

I still don't love the color, but I've only had the light for a couple months so I'm still tweaking.

I'm in the same boat. I don't think I can run the usual AB+ spectrum that works best for SPS. My tank sits in my home office, which I work in all day/night. I can't possibly handle that blue light the whole time. I want to enjoy having the tank in the room more than simply growing out corals.

I'll try keeping some SPS in the light range that I like, and if none of them work, I'll just stick to anemones.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2017, 06:56 PM   #4828
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishma View Post

Your definitely not in the minority. On my main display I run 1 Geismann Tropic 6500k and 1 ATI Coral+ to offset the blue of the AB+ coming from my 52HD. It's really unfortunate the Cree xp2 white diodes is so darn harsh. I have tried a million different combinations and keep coming back to blue channels 90-100 and whites 20-25. The animals just look healthier at this ratio so I will put up with hating the blue haze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2017, 11:52 AM   #4829
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Your definitely not in the minority. On my main display I run 1 Geismann Tropic 6500k and 1 ATI Coral+ to offset the blue of the AB+ coming from my 52HD. It's really unfortunate the Cree xp2 white diodes is so darn harsh. I have tried a million different combinations and keep coming back to blue channels 90-100 and whites 20-25. The animals just look healthier at this ratio so I will put up with hating the blue haze.
Yeah, it makes total sense why those colors work well there. Thank you again for all your help!

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2017, 07:03 PM   #4830
rishma
Registered Member

Quote:

If I am unable to get a combo that pleases me and coral I will need to try a different light. I just cannot tolerate the blued-out tank.

rishma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2017, 03:05 PM   #4831
bowen1022
Registered Member

For some reason the settings OneDrive is not working properly for me. Is that happening for anyone else?

bowen1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2017, 08:18 PM   #4832
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowen1022 View Post
For some reason the settings OneDrive is not working properly for me. Is that happening for anyone else?

I just deleted and readded the files. A few others have complained they weren't working as well https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdidaM1bosnUqv21g

Unread 10/04/2017, 12:41 AM   #4833
bowen1022
Registered Member

Thank you Orcus

bowen1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2017, 08:55 AM   #4834
Flatrack01
Registered Member

Hey guys I have been laying low for quite a while reading and learning, but I do have a question. I'm running 3 52 HDs over a 225 gallon display (6' wide x 30" deep) with the AB+ settings. It is obvious that the 3 52s leave shadows and there are clear portions of the tank that aren't getting light. I have been in the process of designing a hybrid T5 fixture when I saw BRS announced the pre-order of the AquticaLife hybrid fixture which is exactly what I was going to build (laziness wins, I'm pre-ordering). It is currently a mixed reef but it will be moving towards a full SPS reef overtime.

The question is, what ATI bulbs should I run with the LEDs and whether or not anyone else is already doing this with their 52s. I'm going to back down the intensity of the LEDs once I have the T5s, but I'm curious if anyone has experience with the AB+ schedule with LEDs and pair T5 bulbs.

Thanks!

Flatrack01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2017, 11:11 AM   #4835
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrack01 View Post
Hey guys I have been laying low for quite a while reading and learning, but I do have a question. I'm running 3 52 HDs over a 225 gallon display (6' wide x 30" deep) with the AB+ settings. It is obvious that the 3 52s leave shadows and there are clear portions of the tank that aren't getting light. I have been in the process of designing a hybrid T5 fixture when I saw BRS announced the pre-order of the AquticaLife hybrid fixture which is exactly what I was going to build (laziness wins, I'm pre-ordering). It is currently a mixed reef but it will be moving towards a full SPS reef overtime.

The question is, what ATI bulbs should I run with the LEDs and whether or not anyone else is already doing this with their 52s. I'm going to back down the intensity of the LEDs once I have the T5s, but I'm curious if anyone has experience with the AB+ schedule with LEDs and pair T5 bulbs.

Thanks!

Already done! I have been running a tuned down version of my AB+ schedule since June with t5 supplements (via two sunblaster strips 1 ATI Coral Plus & 1 Geissmann Tropic) and have already pre ordered the 24” fixture lol. In this setup I think of the AB+ on the Hydra 52 as a few blue plus, actinic and an aqua blue special. It is an overpowering blue setting so I use the tropic mixed with the coral plus to warm up the display much closer to 10-14k rather then the 20k+ of hydras running he AB+ schedule. When I get the aquatic life fixture I’m leaning toward 2 coral plus and 2 geissmann tropics as I’d like to bring the display even closer to 10k. Here’s the tunes down AB+ schedule I’ve been using and let me know what you end up going with https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgbEd1D-PnRTur8VpfQ

Also here’s as close as I could get the white balance of my display

Unread 10/08/2017, 01:03 PM   #4836
Flatrack01
Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I have pre-ordered the 48" fixture and was thinking Coral+ and blue+, however, I agree it sounds like it will be way too much blue. I will do a little more research on this and wait patiently for my fixture to show up.

I appreciate the Hydra settings. I actually took the AB+ schedule from you and started running it in the middle of Sept (thanks by the way. I downloaded this one and will save it until the T5s get there.

Flatrack01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2017, 09:11 PM   #4837
brandonrush1
Registered Member

Can anyone help, which api profile should I be using with my Hydra 26 attached to my Red Sea E-170?

brandonrush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2017, 03:41 AM   #4838
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrush1 View Post
Can anyone help, which api profile should I be using with my Hydra 26 attached to my Red Sea E-170?

I would start with this one https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgbFmP6TqRd5MlFPePA

Unread 10/10/2017, 06:55 AM   #4839
brandonrush1
Registered Member

Quote:

Thanks a ton! Just getting into the hobby and no corals in there now, but coming soon.

Unread 10/10/2017, 07:01 AM   #4840
brandonrush1
Registered Member

Quote:

One quick question for you. Would it be alright to have some light at night, or do you recommend a complete blackout? If so what settings should I change? Maybe the blues to 2%?

Unread 10/10/2017, 07:26 AM   #4841
ggdowski
Registered Member

I'd love to join the party here. However, I can't figure out how to upload lighting profiles. I can email them to myself and load them into myAI. All it says is a new preset has been saved and nothing has changed. I'm not sure what I am missing, but it is very confusing as to how to upload profiles.

ggdowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2017, 07:30 AM   #4842
ggdowski
Registered Member

Who thought a "Star" was a good idea for this on the software application?

Unread 10/10/2017, 08:59 AM   #4843
brandonrush1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggdowski View Post
I'd love to join the party here. However, I can't figure out how to upload lighting profiles. I can email them to myself and load them into myAI. All it says is a new preset has been saved and nothing has changed. I'm not sure what I am missing, but it is very confusing as to how to upload profiles.
It was confusing for me first too. Are you doing it on your phone or computer? What you have to do is login on a computer or desktop mode on your phone and look for the sideways V icon next to the trash can/delete button. From there you choose upload.

Unread 10/10/2017, 09:11 AM   #4844
ggdowski
Registered Member

I just interacted with AquaIllumination on this. I couldn't find any FAQ or documentation on it. It relies on you finding the obscure sideways V or by randomly pushing the star on the app. As I told them, this is likely the most powerful attribute of their system. That is to be able to share and try light schedules from others. It should be stupid obvious on the dashboard. There is a button for "easy setup" but no buttons for "uploading and saving" configurations.

Unread 10/10/2017, 12:00 PM   #4845
brandonrush1
Registered Member

Quote:
I just interacted with AquaIllumination on this. I couldn't find any FAQ or documentation on it. It relies on you finding the obscure sideways V or by randomly pushing the star on the app. As I told them, this is likely the most powerful attribute of their system. That is to be able to share and try light schedules from others. It should be stupid obvious on the dashboard. There is a button for "easy setup" but no buttons for "uploading and saving" configurations.
See attached, see it next to trash can

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20171010-135912.jpg (28.2 KB, 83 views)
Unread 10/10/2017, 04:06 PM   #4846
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:

I am still at work and don’t have time to look but I have posted the instructions on how to mobile upload my profiles on at least two occasions in this thread. If I get a minute I will bump the post

Unread 10/11/2017, 07:21 AM   #4847
ggdowski
Registered Member

Thank you. Perhaps a stickey? They should make it easier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unread 10/11/2017, 10:58 AM   #4848
gp2
Registered Member

A few months back I uploaded Orcus AB+ profile on the Hydra 26HDs.

It was a newly setup tank at the time. I believe the system to still be establishing itself and expect even better results. Here are my current results. Both growth and coloring.

Unread 10/11/2017, 06:59 PM   #4849
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Okay so it's a bit of a pain but you must first copy the link I posted and paste it into google chrome browser. For some reason safari is a pain with opening the one drive links. Once in the one drive web view click on the profile you wish to download and follow the pictures below. Once you download and open the file in myAI you will have to go to the myAI app for the remaining steps. Please let me know if you have any more trouble and i will try to help some more. Happy reefing!!

Bump

Unread 10/11/2017, 07:00 PM   #4850
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:

Here’s desktop upload instructions as well