Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/23/2017, 03:01 PM   #26
slyseekr
Registered Member

Great start!

I'd second finding a way to paint the back black. Another option, if you can find black tack paper (something like chalkboard tack paper) and apply it carefully to avoid air bubbles, you could avoid painting, and it'd still be removable.

The only thing I'd personally add to the rockwork would be a rock arch, I see some opportunities on the left side for one

slyseekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2017, 03:37 PM   #27
GimpyFin
Registered Member

Tank looks like its off to a good start! Another option for the back glass (If you don't want to paint it) is dark window film from Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Just measure/cut to size and squeegee it on (Also comes off easy should you ever need to remove it.)

Current Tank Info: 110 gallon
GimpyFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2017, 03:49 PM   #28
Vbwjjeep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyFin View Post
Tank looks like its off to a good start! Another option for the back glass (If you don't want to paint it) is dark window film from Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Just measure/cut to size and squeegee it on (Also comes off easy should you ever need to remove it.)
I like this idea as well. Just going to enjoy it as is for now. Almost ready for fish. Nitrites are finally starting to not be off the charts and ammonia finally dropped off to completely zero and nitrates are spiking off the chart. Should only be another week or so. The final phase of the cycle is in motion

Vbwjjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2017, 09:23 PM   #29
djbon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbwjjeep View Post
I like this idea as well. Just going to enjoy it as is for now. Almost ready for fish. Nitrites are finally starting to not be off the charts and ammonia finally dropped off to completely zero and nitrates are spiking off the chart. Should only be another week or so. The final phase of the cycle is in motion
If you live close to me, I will give you some frags. Got some lying on the sand bed

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon/Arduino Controller
djbon is offline   Reply With Quote