Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/01/2017, 04:56 PM   #1
aqua1dude
Registered Member

Reeflink won't find Vortechs after updating Vortechs

I recently updated my Vortechs through Reeflink and now the Vortechs appear greyed out as shown in the image below. I've tried the option to add devices wirelessly several times but it never finds them. I also tried updating the reeflink firmware to see if that helped but it didn't . Everything has been working fine for a few years but the update seems to have done something to keep the Vortech MP10s from being found.
What steps should I take to resolve this issue?

aqua1dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2017, 02:15 PM   #2
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

aqua1,

Have you tried power cycling your ReefLink and VorTechs? If so, also try selecting the 'Refresh Devices" option in ESL under the "Devices" tab. If you're still unable to locate them at that time, please give us a call for more advanced troubleshooting.

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2017, 08:45 PM   #3
aqua1dude
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Y EcoTech View Post
aqua1,

Have you tried power cycling your ReefLink and VorTechs? If so, also try selecting the 'Refresh Devices" option in ESL under the "Devices" tab. If you're still unable to locate them at that time, please give us a call for more advanced troubleshooting.

Yes I cycled the reeflink and refreshed devices but I forgot to list those steps in my email. I'll call in for support. Thanks.

aqua1dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2017, 04:54 PM   #4
nogascans
Registered Member

Aqua1dude, did you ever find a solution? I also have some MP wES models that will not show up to identify into Reeflink, including a pair of legacy units and a new QuietDrive model.

Sincerely,

David

nogascans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2017, 09:32 PM   #5
eraser2001
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogascans View Post
Aqua1dude, did you ever find a solution? I also have some MP wES models that will not show up to identify into Reeflink, including a pair of legacy units and a new QuietDrive model.

Sincerely,

David
Hi
Did you disconnect all other equipment ?
I had a similar problems couple day ago. I disconnected all my lights and other pumps and with reeflink I started to looking for the new pump. Also I did a hard reset for that pump.

Enviado desde mi SM-G935T mediante Tapatalk

eraser2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2017, 08:49 AM   #6
nogascans
Registered Member

Yes, I did disconnect all the equipment. I even tried doing multiple full resets on individual pump drivers but to no avail. All of this was done from Ecosmart web page using Google Chrome on PC.

On a whim, I downloaded the App for my iPhone and retried to add the pair of MP10 Wes pumps to my 2nd aquarium. I did this one at a time (with power disconnected on 2nd one as directed, along with both pumps from 1st tank, where one had been already ID'd and the second QD pump I was having same issue of not showing up in scan). This time, using the iPhone App, I was able to get both MP10's updated (I did have one error on 1st pump I tried, so I did the 2nd one and then retried the 1st to success!). Then the QD drive from 1st room magically showed up in list. I was able to get all of them added to correct aquarium and programmed.

I am by trade a techie in networking and AV equipment/programming, and this added a few gray hairs to say the least. But patience paid off in the long run. Maybe this will help someone else.

App use of pumps is soooo-much better than button pressing! Great job Ecotech on the App!!!

Sincerely,

David

nogascans is offline   Reply With Quote