Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Announcements
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/24/2007, 02:30 PM   #26
rustybucket145
Registered Member

Ok, for those of you interested we are starting a Marine Aquarium Club for Valdosta, GA and surrounding areas. If you wish to join pm me with your name, email address, RC name and phone number. I will be emailing newsletters monthly informing you of club meetings..etc.

We are shooting for our first meeting to be held near the end of Feb. 2007. Time, date and location are still under consideration. At the first meeting there will definately be a fragging demo, door prizes, frag trading/swapping and possibly a guest speaker.

Come on and join!! The club will cater to all levels of hobbyist, from beginner to advanced I guarantee it will be a Fun, Informative and Interesting!

Current Tank Info: 2 175w MH, 2 VH0 Actinics, Lots of Live Rock, tons of copepods, a Fat Mandarin Goby, Niger Trigger, Yellow Tang, Falco Hawkfish, Bi-Color Pseudo, numerous soft, SPS and LPS Corals
rustybucket145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2007, 10:48 AM   #27
jskaras
Registered Member

Just found this thread today. I'm in Thomasville. I go to Exotic Fish for supplies when we drive over to visit our kids at VSU. Not much in the way of SW stuff here in TVille.

jskaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2007, 11:01 AM   #28
Jasonzo6
Registered Member

Sweet! I'm in Tallahassee and I've been trying to find a local club but can't seem to find anyone here in Tally. Sign me up! PM sent.

Jasonzo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2007, 12:03 PM   #29
raycityboy1
Registered Member

cool

Current Tank Info: 150 Gal Reef w/ 55 gal sump and 30 gallon fuge
raycityboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2007, 06:09 PM   #30
boggs32
Registered Member

club still going on? I'm up in Athens GA... would be interested when I can or at least getting the newsletter. Let me know, I'm a newby here and to salt-water collecting. I have 7 fish, 4 corals, and 1 clam!

Thanks!
Ricky

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon reef & 24 Nano Predator/Reef
boggs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2007, 06:59 AM   #31
rustybucket145
Registered Member

Yes, the club is still going on. But if you're in Athens the Atlanta Southeast club would be much closer to you. Visit the Club forum and click on the Atlanta Southeast.... forum. From there you can visit the clubs website and find out more info about them. I've been to a couple of their meetings and it's a good group.

Current Tank Info: 2 175w MH, 2 VH0 Actinics, Lots of Live Rock, tons of copepods, a Fat Mandarin Goby, Niger Trigger, Yellow Tang, Falco Hawkfish, Bi-Color Pseudo, numerous soft, SPS and LPS Corals
rustybucket145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/27/2011, 11:05 PM   #32
helcat17
Registered Member

is the club still going on? I'm in valdosta(well ray city technically) and am new to the hobby and really want to learn more! If it is, please PM me! The only one I can find is in Jacksonville.

helcat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2011, 12:59 AM   #33
PFCDeitz
Registered Member

Nice 3 year bump lol. Look up Atlanta Reef Club.

PFCDeitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2011, 04:28 PM   #34
donald altman
Registered Member

LOL at the 3 year bump... there are few of us in Valdosta with Reefs... I've often talked about forming an Reef Club of sorts but never really knew anyone else into the hobby. Jim and I are on first name basis and have been for years. We really should get something going around here.
the Thomasville Shops you guys had mentioned are a joke.. unless ofcource you enjoy petshops that you have to squeeze between the dog and cat crates to find a couple of overpriced fish only salt tanks... There is a shop in Douglas that has a few tanks.. he is a fish only store.. I really like them becuase their poor husbandry and total lack of knowlege allows me to get discount corals from time to time.. LOL.... I kid I Kid..... we def need to get some frag swapping going on.

Current Tank Info: 100 gallon reef...
donald altman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2011, 06:28 PM   #35
MadOTC
Registered Member

There isn't much of a club here in Tallahassee, but if anyone ever wanted to set something up for South GA/North FL there are a few people joined up on a Facebook page. Look us up at Tallahassee Aquarium Club.

MadOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2011, 02:13 PM   #36
donald altman
Registered Member

I figured there would be a couple of clubs in and around Tallahassee... I am going to meet a fellow RC member there this weekend to look at his tanks.
And then go window shopping at some of your LFS... you guys have a few in Tally. Valdosta only has one left.. 2 others that were also here in Valdosta went bust awhile back.

Current Tank Info: 100 gallon reef...

Last edited by donald altman; 12/29/2011 at 02:24 PM.
donald altman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2011, 01:12 PM   #37
jdm18honda
Registered Member

I am hosting the next NFMAS meeting in jax fl pm me if you would like to come all is welcome

Current Tank Info: 110 rimless with 75 gallon sump/refuge and 24 gallon frag tank all custom by reef savvy
jdm18honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2017, 10:58 AM   #38
Big Country 77
Registered Member

I am in Moultrie. Wish I could find other reefers in the area

Big Country 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2017, 04:28 PM   #39
nogascans
Registered Member

We have a club that has members from St. Marys-Alma-Jesup-Hinnesville-Savannah.

Southeast Georgia Reef Club. We do a traveling once a month meeting at members residences and hold various reefing discussions as well as frag swapping.

You can find out more at:

https://www.facebook.com/cgreefclub/

Next meeting is this Saturday, December 9th, at 2:00 p.m. in Jesup, Georgia. More than welcome to attend!

PM me for address or like Facebook page.

Sincerely,

David

nogascans is offline   Reply With Quote