Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/06/2017, 12:38 AM   #226
mike810
Registered Member

Just paid the balance for my order, feeling excited.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2017, 11:26 PM   #227
mike810
Registered Member

My dream box came in today. Didn't have time to snap a pic of the crate but it was nicely packed, super heavy. Delivery guy came alone with no forklift, no tools, no nada. I had to uncrate it myself while he just stood around but at least he helped me carry it into the house.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2743.jpg (53.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2744.jpg (54.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2745.jpg (39.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2746.jpg (46.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2747.jpg (44.2 KB, 78 views)
Unread 04/13/2017, 11:27 PM   #228
mike810
Registered Member

A few more.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2748.jpg (40.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2749.jpg (50.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2750.jpg (50.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2751.jpg (52.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2752.jpg (43.0 KB, 70 views)
Unread 04/13/2017, 11:28 PM   #229
mike810
Registered Member

last one

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2753.jpg (48.2 KB, 45 views)
Unread 04/14/2017, 12:33 AM   #230
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
My dream box came in today. Didn't have time to snap a pic of the crate but it was nicely packed, super heavy. Delivery guy came alone with no forklift, no tools, no nada. I had to uncrate it myself while he just stood around but at least he helped me carry it into the house.
Quote:
A few more.
Quote:
last one
Wow!! That is VERY nice!! It got there pretty fast given it left Germany less than 10 days ago. Congrats!

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/14/2017, 01:38 AM   #231
mike810
Registered Member

Thanks Scott! My wife was like, "wow it's so pretty and it's just a sump", LOL.

Anyways, I'm still looking for felt filter socks that will fit the dream box. I tried BRS and IM filter socks and they don't fit. I don't think the mesh socks that comes with the box will not adequately catch all the detritus. If someone could link me or PM me with a link for felt socks, that would be much appreciated!

Unread 04/14/2017, 07:55 AM   #232
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Official Royal Exclusiv Dream Box Owners Thread.

Nothing fits but the RE socks and I don't know why they send 600-800 micron socks with it. Those are useless. You can get some 200's from RE though that work good but cost a fortune for a sock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 04/14/2017, 08:59 AM   #233
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Scott! My wife was like, "wow it's so pretty and it's just a sump", LOL.

Anyways, I'm still looking for felt filter socks that will fit the dream box. I tried BRS and IM filter socks and they don't fit. I don't think the mesh socks that comes with the box will not adequately catch all the detritus. If someone could link me or PM me with a link for felt socks, that would be much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
Nothing fits but the RE socks and I don't know why they send 600-800 micron socks with it. Those are useless. You can get some 200's from RE though that work good but cost a fortune for a sock.

We have been pushing RE for felt socks and I will bring this back up this week with them. The issue is that the socks are metric sized which is next to impossible to find out here in the US. The cost is certainly a factor but when you factor in RE's actual cost and the margins needed to sustain the distribution channel, it's tough to keep the costs down on those. We do normally stock the mesh socks in a fairly wide range of micron though and that includes 200's. I am not sure what our Ft. Myers inventory looks like on those right now but they come and go in our inventory.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 04/14/2017, 01:03 PM   #234
Koestby86
Registered Member

Quote:

Great looking dream box, it won't disappoint u for sure. Im so chuffed that I went with a dream box and not a standard glass sump when I went bigger

Koestby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/15/2017, 08:26 PM   #235
mike810
Registered Member

I'm a little worried. I plan to run a bean animal drain with the dream box. I request RE to end the drain lines 1" below the water level inside the drain compartment. I just noticed that the drain lines actually end 3-4" below the water line instead of the 1". Do you guys foresee any problems with back pressure when running a full siphon drain?

I don't think there is a way to remove the drain lines and cut them shorter once the box has been assembled.

Unread 04/15/2017, 09:18 PM   #236
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
I'm a little worried. I plan to run a bean animal drain with the dream box. I request RE to end the drain lines 1" below the water level inside the drain compartment. I just noticed that the drain lines actually end 3-4" below the water line instead of the 1". Do you guys foresee any problems with back pressure when running a full siphon drain?

I don't think there is a way to remove the drain lines and cut them shorter once the box has been assembled.
That should not be an issue at all. There will be a constant vacuum in there due to the water overflowing out of it and having it go down deeper should be just fine. Having installed tanks with similar drain setups, I usually have the sump intake lines go virtually all the way to the bottom of the intake overflow box.

Unread 04/16/2017, 12:10 AM   #237
mike810
Registered Member

That is very reassuring. My tank will be using the synergy overflow box so not much room before it begins to overflow. On a 8 ft tank, it would be hard to keep an eye on the external overflow and a hand in the return pump cord.

Unread 04/16/2017, 12:35 AM   #238
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

It'll be fine, I have no issues with mine draining that far below the water level. I do wish that section was accessible to be able to clean it though

Unread 04/16/2017, 01:20 AM   #239
mike810
Registered Member

I agree, that section should be accessible for cleaning or to simply change out bulkheads.

Unread 04/16/2017, 08:52 AM   #240
danrobberg
Registered Member

I have a synergy reef overflow and run a bean animal into my dreambox with not problems

danrobberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2017, 09:44 AM   #241
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
It'll be fine, I have no issues with mine draining that far below the water level. I do wish that section was accessible to be able to clean it though

Quote:
I agree, that section should be accessible for cleaning or to simply change out bulkheads.
For what it's worth, when I designed my sump and fuge (not Dreamboxes unfortunately), I made the sock overflow compartment accessible and in hindsight, I wish I hadn't. There is a lot of turbulence in there and I get salt creep around the edges of it as a result. That said, because of the turbulence and flow going into the overflow compartment, detritus has never been in an issue. My sump is made from acrylic and I've never cleaned those compartment in the 7 years since installing it and I have two of those compartments. Each with a single drain line where as the Dreambox has a single compartment with multiple drainlines. There is absolutely no detritus or anything in there other than some sponges growing on the side walls. They are always clean and the Dreamboxes will be no different as that is a small compartment with a lot of flow going through it.

Last edited by slief; 04/16/2017 at 09:53 AM.
Unread 04/16/2017, 09:50 AM   #242
slief
RC Sponsor

The bulkhead size concern is understandable but those aren't bulkheads. On the smaller dreamboxes, there are the red pipes that are run through it. On the larger Dreamboxes with the unions, they are special unions that don't have a nut the underside. The hole into the dreambox is CNC'd out and the unions backside is glued into the dreambox. If one needed to increase the size, the hole could be routed out and a new PVC pipe inserted with a union on the top side. The issue I could see is that those pipes are fairly close together. I usually advise people to go as large as possible on the drains. It's easy to reduce the intake diameter using a reducer inside the unions bushing and since those bushings can be replaced, if you ever needed to go larger with the drain intakes, it would be a matter of getting new bushings which are usually in stock.

Unread 04/16/2017, 11:40 AM   #243
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

That's a good point about the high flow in the inlet of the sump and you are right anything in it probably gets blown right out.

Unread 04/17/2017, 11:48 PM   #244
mike810
Registered Member

How are you guys mounting float switches to the dream boxes? My old float switches were attached to brackets that went up and over the sump wall.

Unread 04/18/2017, 08:52 AM   #245
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
How are you guys mounting float switches to the dream boxes? My old float switches were attached to brackets that went up and over the sump wall.
Personally, I like having my float switches mounted to cheap magnetic scrubbers. I use ones from Reef Fanatic that have a removable bracket on them which I epoxy to the scrubber. This makes it easy to raise or lower the float switches when you adjust your water level. Some people mount the float switches to probe holders.

Unread 04/18/2017, 02:17 PM   #246
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

@Slief ..

Do not touch ..... Wife, Cat or Dog ?

best regards ... Klaus

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2017, 02:59 PM   #247
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Jansen View Post
@Slief ..

Do not touch ..... Wife, Cat or Dog ?

best regards ... Klaus

Unread 04/21/2017, 11:12 AM   #248
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Following along

Unread 04/25/2017, 09:18 AM   #249
Shredded
Registered Member

@Mike810 Beautiful box. I probably missed details but what size is it and what are your return pumps?

Marco and Scott, I am getting ready to set the tank this weekend! Finally the room is finished. I cannot believe has taken this long but it is close now.

Scott, on the subject of the union, I have the new hole drilled and am ready to glue the union in place, do you know if the factory installed unions are glued using PVC solvent cement or other? I want this to look identical to where you can't tell it was not made this way.

Attached some pics. Just grouted the floor and hung the grid work last weekend.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg finished room 1.jpg (71.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg fiished room 3.jpg (66.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg finished room 4.jpg (62.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg finished room 5.jpg (61.8 KB, 42 views)
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2017, 11:11 AM   #250
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
@Mike810 Beautiful box. I probably missed details but what size is it and what are your return pumps?

Marco and Scott, I am getting ready to set the tank this weekend! Finally the room is finished. I cannot believe has taken this long but it is close now.

Scott, on the subject of the union, I have the new hole drilled and am ready to glue the union in place, do you know if the factory installed unions are glued using PVC solvent cement or other? I want this to look identical to where you can't tell it was not made this way.

Attached some pics. Just grouted the floor and hung the grid work last weekend.
They use PVC solvent and my even be heat welded on the back side similar to how the seams are done. PVC solvent should be fine but I would use the thick stuff if you can find it.

Looking great! Can't wait to see that thing come together!