Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/21/2017, 08:44 PM   #1
Vipercraz
Registered Member

Vipercraz 240 Gallon w/ Fish Room

I've been lurking around the past few years, taking ideas, getting ready for my build. It all started after my first scuba trip 6 years ago. Once I was underwater I knew that diving on a daily basis (which is not yet an option) or maintaining an aquarium for my viewing pleasure was necessary.

I started with a 40 gallon off craiglsist. I jumped in too quick and found out that canister filters are terrible, overstocking is a big mistake, and periodic maintenance is critical. After two years and two tanks changes (rsm130 to 75) I found a 90. My first fish room was impressive for a first timer, so I thought. I had the 90 up and running for over two years before selling the house.

At this point my wife and I were living with the inlaws and searching for our next house. The system was placed in rubbermaid tubs at my Dad's house. During this time, say 2015, I was searching for a new, bigger tank. $200 bucks later and 2 hour drive to Wilkes Barre, I had my tank (240).

Fast forward to today. I've been designing my system in my head, reading others post, and using Cad. Below is the start of a long journey. I started framing in February. The fish are still in the rubbermaid.

Hope you enjoy and provided feedback.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf PLTe3f0.tmp.pdf (18.2 KB, 20 views)
Vipercraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2017, 08:51 PM   #2
Vipercraz
Registered Member

*provide

I will upload pictures tomorrow, my computer is not cooperating.

Unread 03/22/2017, 07:11 PM   #3
Vipercraz
Registered Member

Before with temp. tank

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0563.jpg (81.4 KB, 49 views)