Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/23/2019, 05:56 PM   #976
REdPanther
Registered Member

Hello,
Just finished connected my calcium reactor to kore 7th with kh lab doser. Now my calcium reactor also controlled by kh lab solenoid. When test result below range, solenoid will open, and when test result above range, solenoid will close. Now it's become fully automatic. Przemek and Tomasz been a great help, updating doser firmware and software because of my problems. AC4 CR surely a beast, for the last few days, I've just set 120 ml/h, and when I tested aquairum KH, it read 10,2 dkh.

REdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2019, 03:04 AM   #977
egareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REdPanther View Post
Hello,
Just finished connected my calcium reactor to kore 7th with kh lab doser. Now my calcium reactor also controlled by kh lab solenoid. When test result below range, solenoid will open, and when test result above range, solenoid will close. Now it's become fully automatic. Przemek and Tomasz been a great help, updating doser firmware and software because of my problems. AC4 CR surely a beast, for the last few days, I've just set 120 ml/h, and when I tested aquairum KH, it read 10,2 dkh.
Hi,

I also have a CalcFeeder and a kore 7th, how have you connected both to control according to the KH value?

Regards

egareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2019, 03:05 AM   #978
egareef
Registered Member

Angry

I have a problem with my CalcFedder AC2.

It has already happened twice in this week, the output of the effluent from the reactor is continuous, not stop, even bubbles come out of the tube.

The dosing machine is stopped because the probe is requesting CO2.

What's going on?

Unread 02/24/2019, 03:09 AM   #979
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egareef View Post
Hi,

I also have a CalcFeeder and a kore 7th, how have you connected both to control according to the KH value?

Regards
You must have 1 more solenoid for kore 7th, total 2 solenoid, 1 for calcfeeder pro 1 for kore 7th. In kh lab tab, there's menu for that. For clearer understanding you could email Tomasz (service). He will guide you to install it

Unread 02/24/2019, 03:16 AM   #980
egareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REdPanther View Post
You must have 1 more solenoid for kore 7th, total 2 solenoid, 1 for calcfeeder pro 1 for kore 7th. In kh lab tab, there's menu for that. For clearer understanding you could email Tomasz (service). He will guide you to install it
Hi,

I have both solenoid.

It's here?

Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KH Lab.jpg (31.2 KB, 233 views)
Unread 02/24/2019, 03:21 AM   #981
REdPanther
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egareef View Post
Hi,

I have both solenoid.

It's here?

Thanks
Yes, tick that box

Unread 02/25/2019, 03:20 PM   #982
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@egareef
Have you contacted with our technical support?
Have you preformed installation according to manual?
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/pliki/Calc...nual_EN_v2.pdf

Unread 02/26/2019, 03:54 AM   #983
egareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
@egareef
Have you contacted with our technical support?
Have you preformed installation according to manual?

Hi,

I have not contacted the support.

The reactor I have it more than a year ago, before I had it with a second camera, but now I have removed it to be able to put the Kore 7th.

That had never happened to me, now I have it off because the KH is too high.

Regards

Unread 02/26/2019, 10:42 AM   #984
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
So firstly you should contact with our technical support - it's best idea.
Maybe your reactor is working with old firmware - within last year we added some very options like auto-degassing etc.

Best regards

Przemek

Unread 02/26/2019, 12:48 PM   #985
egareef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Hello
So firstly you should contact with our technical support - it's best idea.
Maybe your reactor is working with old firmware - within last year we added some very options like auto-degassing etc.

Best regards

Przemek
Hi,

I have already updated the equipment's firmware. Now I have the Firmware to see. S18 (Added degassing menu) - release date 13.12.2017, I know there is a new one, I will update it shortly.

Thank you

Unread 02/28/2019, 03:34 PM   #986
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

There is newer version of firmware - with 1.23 SD(for silent drive motors) and 1.19 for regular motors.

Unread 03/06/2019, 01:25 AM   #987
psidriven
Registered Member

quick question, how is the solenoid connected to the co2 regulator which uses soft airline hose? is there an adapter that connects airline to RO line? also the nbpt 6 fitting on the solenoid seems a little too small for my 1/4 RO tubing, am I missing something easy?

Current Tank Info: 24 cube a go, baby walks
psidriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2019, 04:54 AM   #988
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@psidriven - You should use 6mm RO tubing to connect solenoid valve to CO2 bottle. Regulator on CO2 bottle should have also connector for 6mm RO tubings.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2019, 09:52 AM   #989
psidriven
Registered Member

thanks for the quick reply .

Unread 03/14/2019, 08:25 PM   #990
REdPanther
Registered Member

Hai all,
Does anyone ever tried using digital timer for calcfeeder pro? Is it oke to use digital timer, I'm afraid it will break the calcfeeder controller because it will on/off 1 time daily. I consider this option because my tank needs only few Kh effluent, and when I run it 24/7 even with lowest effluent value, it's still not low enough.

Before, I used additional solenoid from kore 7th to control co2 dosing. Solenoid will open when Kh to low, and will closed when Kh to high. But yesterday it didn't work properly even though I've already installed new firmware and software. I think it might have been hardware failure. Maybe the doser was not designed to switch on solenoid to long. First I thought, solenoid was broken, but when I change the solenoid, problem still existed. When Kh low, solenoid should be on, but instead it will go on and off all the time in high rate.
It's been disappointing since I just bought this doser less then 6 months and running this solenoid mode controlling calcium reactor 2 months at max.

Unread 03/17/2019, 03:52 AM   #991
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi Red Panther,
We consider releasing software which will allow for adjusting from 25ml/h and not 25ml step - but 10ml step (+/-).
About solenoid - please send to service your doser MBF file - we will check it why its not working for you (it share the same port like ATO so maybe some internal settings)

Regards

Przemek

Unread 03/20/2019, 06:11 AM   #992
REdPanther
Registered Member

Hi Przemek,

Already done that, still waiting for service to reply.

Thank you for your help

Unread 03/29/2019, 03:44 AM   #993
psidriven
Registered Member

is there a list of the status messages and their meaning? the pro controller status is showing 'co2 dose error'. what does this mean? also, what does co2 alarm do? the manual is vague.

thanks

Unread 03/29/2019, 01:12 PM   #994
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

There is manual for reactor:

"CO2 dose error" mean that your tank with co2 is empty or gas flow is set to low(you should set it for few bubbles per second).

Unread 03/29/2019, 10:30 PM   #995
psidriven
Registered Member

thanks, that manual is much clearer. 1 question, what does 'co2 alarm / on' do and any reasons to turn it off?

Unread 04/29/2019, 02:59 PM   #996
kodo28
Registered Member

Hi Przemek,

Any news concerning the pause function ?

Since months now it has been not available for use.

Would also be great to have a option to set specific day/hour for the degassing.

Not sure how the system actually takes the degassing timer once it is set.

kodo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2019, 08:54 AM   #997
Ted_C
Registered Member

I woke up this morning to about a gallon of water on the floor. The tubing in the peristalic pump split on me and was squirting water (and honestly, I can't remember the last time I changed it - maybe a year ago?). Not too bad pumping 1.5 l/hr 365 days a year 24 hours a day.

After turning everything off and replacing the tubing - re-filled / degassed the reactor (the CO2 mixing chamber water level was nearly at the bottom from the faulty tubing).

Now to re-saturate the CO2.

Unread 05/05/2019, 10:40 AM   #998
rooo15
Registered Member

It's been almost a year now that I've been running the Calcfeeder AC3 and just wanted to post an update on my experience. Overall I am very happy with the reactor. I've had (almost, see below) no issues with leaks, malfunctions, or poor performance. I'm happy with the reactor and would certainly recommend it.
The only thing I did not really like is the dosing pump. It is a bit flimsy and the tubing sometimes slips out of the rotor or gets stuck so the rotor seizes up. Overall the dosing pump is a bit "touchy" and could be improved. I got around this by simply using my Apex Dos pump to run through the reactor. Since then everything has been absolutely perfect. My calcium and alk has been completely stable, in fact over the course of the year calcium has very gradually and steadily increased from mid 300s to 500! Corals are growing great but a few weeks ago I slightly dialled down the water going through the reactor to slowly decrease the calcium and alk .
Apart from not really liking the dosing pump my overall experience with Pacific Sun Calcium reactor has been positive, it has done a great job and I have not had any major issues.

rooo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2019, 02:34 PM   #999
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
Thank you for feedback - Ted and roo15! I really appreciate it.
We found(after some feedback from Customers) that if tubings are little too long(few milimeters longer than they should) they sometimes slip out from rollers. If you see that tubing is moving up/down on rollers - remove it, cut off 3-5mm and put again.
@kodo28
pause function will be included again with new firmware - together with some updates to work with our Kore 7th kHLab module(dose measure alkalinity and control calcium reactor)
Degassing - we suggest once daily, its regulated by controller automatically. CPU measure time between co2 injection and compare it to actual effluent flow on reactor. If pauses are longer than after degassing(within exact time) - it start degassing.

CO2 alarm
You can turn it on/off. If you will turn it on but you are using electronic co2 regulator on co2 bottle(and flow is too slow) sometimes it can generate false CO2 empty bottle alarm - a specially when there is not too much gas in co2 tank.

Regards

Przemek

Unread 06/07/2019, 09:33 AM   #1000
Ted_C
Registered Member

I need an engineer

I just bought a Pax Bellum Algae reactor (sorry - I know this is not a Pac Sun product...) with the Calcium reactor injection port. Can the effluent from the PacSun Calcium reactor work in a positive pressure environment?

the way the pax bellum works - it will be pumping around 500 gallons per hour through the reactor. The calcium reactor effluent injection port sits at the inlet of the calcium reactor (at the very bottom). So you'll have the slight positive pressure from the 500 gallons per hour to overcome along with all the head height of the water in the reactor.

I dont think I'll be able to take the effluent from the calcium reactor into this algae reactor and not have back-flushing issues- but I'd like to hear some expert opinions on what y'all might think.