Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Northern Ohio Reef Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/07/2017, 11:29 AM   #1
Coralhoarder12
Registered Member

I have found the cure for Bryopsis once and for all

I was online checking out pictures on Instagram when I stumbled upon a company By the name of Bryopsis cure who had recently joined( judging by the amount of followers) so I decided to chat with them about the product and what it had to offer. I had been battling bryopsis algae at the time and was willing to give anything a try.
I ordered the correct dose for my tank and added it to my tank the moment it arrived. Needless to say after about a 2 week period or so there was not a spec of bryopsis algae in my tank. I then waited several weeks to add a post on here just to make sure that it had fully been eradicated from my tank.
I'm not endorsing them or selling their product by any means but if you are battling bryopsis in your reef tank and want it gone for good i suggest that you go contact them for further help.
I would post a link but i dont know if that would get me kicked off the forum or not so ill just play it safe for now.

Coralhoarder12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2017, 11:32 AM   #2
ajm83
Registered Member

Was it fluconazole?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ajm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2017, 11:34 AM   #3
Coralhoarder12
Registered Member

It is simliar but they have additives that make the effect even greater. I have used flucon before and comparing the two the Bryopsis cure was much faster and effective.

Unread 08/14/2017, 11:13 AM   #4
organism
code monkey

I have some leftover fluconazole from taking down a huge system, I'm selling it for $1 per 200mg capsule and can ship snail mail for an extra $0.50. Feel free to pm

Last edited by organism; 08/14/2017 at 03:14 PM.
organism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2017, 02:24 PM   #5
drewquan
Registered Member

Organism, did you ever use it, wonder how it worked for you

drewquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2017, 03:14 PM   #6
organism
code monkey

I used it in my display back in February and it worked great, never had to re-dose.

Unread 08/14/2017, 08:24 PM   #7
Coralhoarder12
Registered Member

Give bryopsis cure a try !

Unread 08/17/2017, 09:54 AM   #8
Travenous
Reefing Tryhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralhoarder12 View Post
It sounds like you're affiliated at this point.

Travenous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 11:53 AM   #9
rocsec1
Registered Member

I've been wondering that myself

rocsec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 12:55 PM   #10
drukkosz
Registered Member

I have sent an email to them on instagram as well as a PM to Coralhoarder12, both sent me back same response:
"send me your email and the amount of gallons that you will need to treat"

no website, name of product, list of ingredients, nothing!

maybe your product is good or maybe even better then fluconazole but sorry why would anybody put unknown chemicals in their reef tank?

but hey
"Give bryopsis cure a try" what do you have to lose? oh wait........

drukkosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 05:47 PM   #11
Coralhoarder12
Registered Member

Im not affiliated i just used the product and it worked very well for me if you cant understand that they are a small business and have only been selling locally then continue throwing a fit like everyone else on this forum.. like a bunch of teenagers..oh wait you probably are or its your only escape from your miserable life. simply here to help out anyone who is here that has issues with bryopsis.

Unread 08/17/2017, 06:06 PM   #12
abrooks12376
Registered Member

Quote:
Im not affiliated i just used the product and it worked very well for me if you cant understand that they are a small business and have only been selling locally then continue throwing a fit like everyone else on this forum.. like a bunch of teenagers..oh wait you probably are or its your only escape from your miserable life. simply here to help out anyone who is here that has issues with bryopsis.
Hahaha have you seen the tanks on this forum?!?! Teenagers.... maybe at heart..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

abrooks12376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2017, 07:27 AM   #13
Travenous
Reefing Tryhard

Quote:
Well that escalated quickly, lol.

I think fluconazole has a solid track record at this point with great results and no side effects. Then you come along and rabidly endorse a product that doesn't even have its own website. You don't have before/after pics, time lines, details on what makes it different, and nothing scientific whatsoever. Do you see why you haven't been met with a better reaction? Your little toddler meltdown isn't helping your case either.

Travenous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 01:04 PM   #14
organism
code monkey

Quote:
Quote:
I know this is not my local group and I do apologize for posting here, but things are getting a bit out of hand. Before I went to sell the few extra capsules I had left over I looked up the law, and it was legal for me to do so in this very specific edge case since I had receipts showing legal purchase through a registered seller in an amount that was in good faith not intended for resale.

However, what you're pitching is a business selling a prescription drug on social media with wild claims without ingredients list and without proper licensing, and the law is very clear on that one: super illegal. Like FDA attorneys up your butt for years and your face showing up in the news illegal. Like give the hobby a bad name and have a speaker at MACNA give a lecture with your mugshot in it illegal. You are clearly affiliated with the business since your pm's and email give the same reply, and are openly breaking the law in ways that get you million dollar fines and possible jail time. You may not have realized it, but you would be better off selling crack on craigslist than getting law enforcement and the FDA's attention on something like this.

I would highly recommend you delete your Instagram posts pitching this product. I normally wouldn't care and didn't have anything to say about it up until now, but I'm not a fan of crazy hostility. If the posts, or anything promoting even the existence of "bryopsis cure," is still there within 72 hours from this post or any new ones at all pop up then I email an FDA attorney I know and you're up a creek without a paddle. Next time remember: if you're breaking the law, don't be hostile to people.

I know you're about to reply with "it's not me I don't know that shop." Not going to change anything at this point unless you have a time machine. Start deleting.

Last edited by organism; 08/21/2017 at 01:25 PM.
organism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/22/2017, 03:45 PM   #15
Coralhoarder12
Registered Member

please delete thread

Unread 08/22/2017, 03:55 PM   #16
Coralhoarder12
Registered Member

Account has been deleted to my knowledge sorry to inconvenience anyone. Just trying to help

Unread 08/25/2017, 07:30 PM   #17
abrooks12376
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by organism View Post
I know this is not my local group and I do apologize for posting here, but things are getting a bit out of hand. Before I went to sell the few extra capsules I had left over I looked up the law, and it was legal for me to do so in this very specific edge case since I had receipts showing legal purchase through a registered seller in an amount that was in good faith not intended for resale.

However, what you're pitching is a business selling a prescription drug on social media with wild claims without ingredients list and without proper licensing, and the law is very clear on that one: super illegal. Like FDA attorneys up your butt for years and your face showing up in the news illegal. Like give the hobby a bad name and have a speaker at MACNA give a lecture with your mugshot in it illegal. You are clearly affiliated with the business since your pm's and email give the same reply, and are openly breaking the law in ways that get you million dollar fines and possible jail time. You may not have realized it, but you would be better off selling crack on craigslist than getting law enforcement and the FDA's attention on something like this.

I would highly recommend you delete your Instagram posts pitching this product. I normally wouldn't care and didn't have anything to say about it up until now, but I'm not a fan of crazy hostility. If the posts, or anything promoting even the existence of "bryopsis cure," is still there within 72 hours from this post or any new ones at all pop up then I email an FDA attorney I know and you're up a creek without a paddle. Next time remember: if you're breaking the law, don't be hostile to people.

I know you're about to reply with "it's not me I don't know that shop." Not going to change anything at this point unless you have a time machine. Start deleting.
Just... yes!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

abrooks12376 is offline   Reply With Quote