Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/13/2017, 10:53 PM   #1
CBDFarm
Registered Member.

CBDFarms First salt water tank 120g

We sadly i am going to have to start this thread over. It was a few months progress but I was recently banned on a forum called Fishlore for posting a google picture of a future fish i was getting and I got banned... Really trashy mods.

Anyway this is my first saltwater tank ever, I have done freshwater for a few years, and always loved salt, but never had the guts to try it. But something changed that. After months of curing and cycling I just put my first fish in a few days ago but as I wanted to document my first saltwater tank, I will show you the months of process and toys, and then finally the fish I have now and the two I got tonight.

To start, I picked up this Visio 120 gallon tank for 500 bucks,stand with sump, skimmer, sand, a couple of lights for the sump, and a few other things... I got a steal I think haha. Albeit it was a bit dirty.

I then went out and bought a RODI system.

I also went and got 100 pounds of live rock. Pukani,Tonga and Fiji.

After the rock came in I started looking into lights and doing research and I ended up getting the current-usa pro lights. 2 of them.

My next purchase was to buy a few powerheads and a wave maker.
So I went to current-usa again... Pricey but worth it.

SO I think a lot of you are seeing were this is headed...
I got a reef keeper pro....

to be continued....

CBDFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2017, 10:58 PM   #2
CBDFarm
Registered Member.

So... Onto cooling...

At first I was just going to get some cheap Chinese fans and be done with it...So i got these...

But I was searching for a deal on a used chiller... and I luckily found one so out with the fans in with the chilllllll

So in the last few weeks i have set everything up.

Unread 09/13/2017, 11:08 PM   #3
CBDFarm
Registered Member.

But then.... It was time....

I got my live sand...

Now I place my rocks and live sand in and things get messy... and art begins... lol

I get my final design down and begin to fill her for cycling.

The tank mostly filled

After awhile I noticed I started to get diatom bloom... so I thought... FISH TIME!
I went out and got 5 Nass snails and a yellow tang and at a great price before the ban prices hit us... (for those that dont know Hawaii is trying to put a ban again)

Unread 09/14/2017, 11:15 AM   #4
CBDFarm
Registered Member.

Can a MOD delete the thread, apparently photobucket didnt like it lol. And im not going to retype all this up. Thanks and sorry.