Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/05/2019, 01:20 AM   #1
21chip21
Registered Member

Angry EcoTech Marine Problems Mp60s

Ok, iv had enough with the Mp60s, Anyone else have problems with them? Iv had the MP10, Mp40s no problems. Ecotech has always been there to fix or help with any problems. Until now. Ok so I have 4 Mp60s on my 600 gallon tank. Problem, ever week i need to clean under and around the pumps so i unplug them or turn them off. They lose all the programs when i turn them back on. If you Look on the computer they are all greyed out. Look under info in each pump says RF is disabled. Why? And how? Pump comes on and runs but in green mod only. Only way to get them to work is to factory reset each pump, delete each pump in your device list. Search for all pumps, most of the time it only finds 1 or 2 of them. Sometimes you have to search like five times to get them all back in the Device list and then reprogram all 4 powerheads. This has been going on since the first day I bought them. Can anybody offer any help with this. They say it’s some kind a Wi-Fi interference there’s nothing in this house but a computer and a tablet. And 9 Radion Pro 4s, 4 Radion Pro 3s, 4 Mp40s and a L1 pump.
Thanks

21chip21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2019, 12:21 PM   #2
nikon187
Registered Member

thats 18 rf modules just from the ecotech stuff plus your phone, computer tablet ect. a better router or one that can spit dedication may help. There are some metal halide and hps ballasts that wont work right with a lot of wifi interfence, possible the same problem going on

Current Tanks:

New 210 custom 84 x 24 x 24, 60g sump, SWC 250 extreme with bubble blaster 5000, 2 vortech mp40, 2 vortech mp10, 12 T5, Water blaster 5000, warner marine bio pellets,

60g clownfish cube, red carpet anemone with a 25g sump,SRO octopus 1000sss, 250w radium, lumenarc large.
nikon187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2019, 04:28 PM   #3
Ted_C
Registered Member

I've got the same problem on my house. Two MP 60's won't connect to the reef link. Same tank has 3 mp40's that connect fine (programmed in eco back mode).

2nd tank has two mp40's, an mp10 and a L1. No problems. Only the mp60's have issues.

I've tried everything suggested to get them running on the reeflink (removing and turning off all other devices and trying to add them first.) no luck.

Unread 01/06/2019, 09:46 PM   #4
21chip21
Registered Member

Hi Ted, well that stinks. I was hoping it was just me. Did you return them? What did they end up doing for you?

Unread 01/06/2019, 11:30 PM   #5
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

That is odd because all the vortech models use the same RF card. I have no issues with mine, but I’m using the apex WXM to control them. I wonder if the reeflink has a maximum number of supported devices (for WXM its 11).

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2019, 07:34 AM   #6
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

The reeflink is nice and all but I have had nothing but problems with mine so much in fact that I stopped using it altogether

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2019, 07:45 AM   #7
Ted_C
Registered Member

@ca1ore:
I also (originally) had a WXM controlling mine previously and didn't have issues with the MP60's that I could see. It might be an issue with multiple devices - but adding the MP60's first and still having the issue would probably eliminate this as an explanation.
@21chip21:
I emailed support probably 1/2 dozen times trying to get them to work. It takes me too much time trying to get them to work (while im working from home). I gave up. They never offered any replacements or anything.

One of the suggestions was to remove and re-seat the rf modules (and I agree with ca1ore - they are all the same RF modules underneath).

Im in the process (a long process - as i feel like working on it) of reconfiguration of the set up to provide the best footprint to expose the RF module inside the controller to the reeflink controller. Basically - instead of mounting the controllers inside the sump area - I'll put them along the outside of the cabinetry so the rf module points in the general direction of the reeflink. Theres alot of work to mount new power strips and mount the batteries so I can route the wires and such. If that doesn't work - I might think about buying some new MP60's (as I need the spare wetsides anyways).

Unread 02/11/2019, 02:38 PM   #8
21chip21
Registered Member

Bought a Apex WXM problems solved.

I don't know what the heck the problem is with reeflink but now they all work and shut off and remember there program. Only happens on the Mp60s 40 have worked 15 plus years. Mp60s nightmares.