Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Tank And Reef Society (STARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/17/2010, 10:44 PM   #51
amore169
Registered Member

I might be attending, I have a inland diamond wet band saw that could be use to demostrate how this thing works, I can take a very nice neon green favia that can be fragged and those frags can be giving away to people attending the meeting, also if people want to get something fragged please take it to the meeting this thing is very accurate in cutting corals.

Current Tank Info: 400 Gallon Starphire Rimless. 8 A360WE Kessils with controller. Sfiligoi Infinity DDE 6X250 light fixture. Bubble King Internal 300 Deluxe. 215 Gallon Oceanic Starphire Ultimate FOWRL. 34 Gallon Solana.
amore169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2010, 01:19 AM   #52
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Hello Arnie, that sounds like a great idea. I think we should make that a big part of the meeting if not the biggest part. I really hope you make it. It's so nice to have you post.

strayvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2010, 01:29 AM   #53
hEcToR1520
Registered Member

I have a club meeting for something else earlier in the day, I will do my best to be there

hEcToR1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2010, 01:38 AM   #54
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Great Hector. Try if you can but if not it is understandable. e cant all make every meeting, that is one reason we are going to try our best to have monthly meetings, so more people can attend in the long run.

Unread 05/18/2010, 07:29 AM   #55
psuedopimp
Registered Member

i would like to see the band saw in action. i don't have anything that can be fragged like that but would be fun to see. I am assuming you will need a place to set up, or will be on the dining table. let me know

Unread 05/19/2010, 11:28 AM   #56
psuedopimp
Registered Member

my wife is getting nervous. Can i get a count of the people who will possible be there? I can make sure i get enough chairs and such.

and don't worry if you don't chime in here, you are still more than welcome to show up and crash the party.

Unread 05/19/2010, 11:43 AM   #57
hEcToR1520
Registered Member

I am going to try my best to bail out early, I'm probably at a 50/50 and I guess I would count for two, my lady really wants to go too

hEcToR1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 12:06 PM   #58
TimGentry
Registered Member

O.K., I finally made my way over here. shows how much attention I was paying. I kept wondering why it seems more quiet than usual over on ELMAR. Guess I should read my PMs more often.

Current Tank Info: 100g Mixed Reef
TimGentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 12:10 PM   #59
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Justin, count me and one other. Tim I am so glad to see you finally read your pm. Welcome!

Unread 05/19/2010, 12:23 PM   #60
nmnative
Registered Member

I will be there by myself, I think but will bring chair if the family joins me.

Here is a summary of the agenda ("official" discussion items first, then fun stuff)
Sign in and meet n greet
Sponsorship section of website
Membership guidelines - Mr. VP Jay can you provide a brief summary?
Tenative meeting date to be 3rd Sunday of every month
Call meeting to order - old businesss - sign bilaws
New business
Adjourn
Inland diamond bandsaw demo
Raffle

Hey Daniel, would you like to split the box of Instant Ocean and raffle one for the small meeting group? I was wondering if you would like me to draw up some raffle tickets for us to distribute to our fellow reefers who were not able to attend the meeting. Perhaps we could raffle the other two 50 gallon bags at the next meeting? We could include information on the raffle ticket about the STARS forum and website. Just a thought

Justin, do you want to name a tentative meeting end time? I'm sure that you don't everyone hanging around late at night to watch SNL or anything, right?

Another side note: the official, signed bilaws are displayed on the website so I don't think it is necessary for a sticky on the forum.

nmnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 01:35 PM   #61
psuedopimp
Registered Member

okay for an end time we will be out of the house by 8 or extremely quiet. not a problem though because i have a shop that we can hang in until SNL comes on. i figured if arnie brought the saw, we would be out there anyways and there is no time constraints in the shop.

Unread 05/19/2010, 01:36 PM   #62
psuedopimp
Registered Member

especially if someone brings a pony for the kegerator. we may stay out until it's time for church on sunday.

Unread 05/19/2010, 01:38 PM   #63
thecoralreef915
Registered Member

Unhappy

Justin , im planning on taking the better half , so two for me .

Audrey , all good ideas and are in agreement , what do the rest of us say ? Please chime in .....

thecoralreef915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 01:55 PM   #64
psuedopimp
Registered Member

i think splitting it up would be cool. i am a fan of smaller more gifts than one big prize. gives more people the opportunity to win, and feel special.

Unread 05/19/2010, 01:58 PM   #65
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Everything looks good to me also, I can formulate a summary of membership guidelines but won't be anything different than we discussed at the last meeting. I would just like to see it formalized which by signing the bylaws it is.

Looks to be turning into a good meeting. Wish I could attend

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Jay508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 03:09 PM   #66
deehz
Registered Member

Count me in and possibly my wife. Justin, is this a BYOB or would you like me to bring some cold ones and or soda? If Arnie brings his band saw, I could take my acan, zoas, and palys I could frag. Maybe swap? I will upload pics of them, still trying to figure it out! LOL. Finally going to meet most everyone!

Thanks!

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed. ~Mohandas K. Gandhi
deehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 03:51 PM   #67
nmnative
Registered Member

Article III of the bylaws is what you were talking about Jay? I suppose anyone could post a membership thread in the forum to reference that section and members can further discuss if necessary. We can wait until after we sign them Saturday.

Deez, great to hear that we will have some new faces at the meeting! I plan to bring something to drink for sure.

Unread 05/19/2010, 04:02 PM   #68
psuedopimp
Registered Member

as far as me supplying drinks, not going to happen except for water. if everyone wants to bring certain things to share that is cool. i will have cookies chips salsa and water.
We don't allow alcohol in the house......just kidding we/I drink more than the fishes.
i think i have a mix of cheap beers maybe a sixer but that is it.

I haven't heard from arnie on a definate yes or not on the saw. hopefully he shows with it.

If he doesn't show maybe you have another method for fragging?

Unread 05/19/2010, 05:00 PM   #69
jmait769
-CSHFLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuedopimp View Post
We don't allow alcohol in the house......
For a second there my jaw dropped. Good recovery!! I'll be there.

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
jmait769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 10:21 PM   #70
amore169
Registered Member

Good to hear that this meeting is coming along nicely! I was thinking that the meeting was taking place on a sunday but is a saturday, I work on sarurday but not till 11pm so I have time to make it to the meeting, psuedopimp a dining table would be fine, the saw is very small, Audrey are u taking ur daughter? My daughter asked me if she was going, they had a lot of fun on the last meeting.

Current Tank Info: 400 Gallon Starphire Rimless. 8 A360WE Kessils with controller. Sfiligoi Infinity DDE 6X250 light fixture. Bubble King Internal 300 Deluxe. 215 Gallon Oceanic Starphire Ultimate FOWRL. 34 Gallon Solana.
amore169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2010, 10:36 PM   #71
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Holy Crap Justin, my heart skipped a beat when I read that! You almost lost your officer status, it is a requirement that you endorse green bottle frags, or at least some brown bottleneck frags. If I was in town that kegerator would be seeing some action, don't break it this summer!

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Unread 05/19/2010, 10:38 PM   #72
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Arnie- I think your presence will be appreciated at this meeting. I would like to thank you for offering to bring your saw and a coral to frag out to members as a demonstration. I think it is important that we have an activity like this at all of the meetings. Thank you again and Im still looking forward to that tour of your tank/ coral collection in the fall!

Unread 05/19/2010, 10:42 PM   #73
nmnative
Registered Member

Arnie, I can bring Shiree along to play with your daughter Yes, they had alot of fun at The Coral Reef! I am sure that she will tag along if there are other girls there!

Unread 05/19/2010, 10:55 PM   #74
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Audrey, you found a picture for an avatar! It only took how long?

Unread 05/19/2010, 11:05 PM   #75
strayvoltage
Registered Member

And all along I thought she had a picture up for an avatar. Sounds like the meeting is going to have good attendance for the first open meeting of STARS.