Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 09/25/2019, 07:11 PM   #26
CTaylor
Registered Member

good point. And I guess it may be moving, so I'll watch it over the next time frame.. Though it's within a few inches of where it's been since the 3rd day -- which isnt far from where I first put it. II'd have to bet it actually has foudn its spot. But again maybe not since that foot is lifted up.
I'm going to put a shell there which I think is a good fit for the 'dip' the foot is over. And go from there, and minimal food if any.
TY on the compliment.. It actually looks even better in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralsAddiction View Post
Precisely my point. It doesnít look horrible so whatís the motivation to feed it before it finds a happy spot. Itís a good looking mag.

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2019, 09:13 PM   #27
ThRoewer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTaylor View Post
It looks bleached?
It is completely bleached and due to that pretty much on its way out right now. At this point, it would probably require a miracle or an act of god to safe it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTaylor View Post
So they need flow, but not a lot, that one in vid has really gentle flow and medium light it looks like (?).

Mine gets pretty good somewhat chaotic flow and I'm going to guess 250 par. I read they like 300-500. But I have to say mine looks as good as other I've seen that are healthy. So i'll feed it the little eraser sized pieces every few days I think orion said. And just take care of it. I'll probably gently wedge a flat rock piece in there to fix the non attachment area.
From where they are found in the reef they should want medium to very strong flow but as laminar as possible. From what I have seen, turbulent (chaotic) flow is something they don't like. The flow in the video is actually quite strong but directed down and against the front so that the anemone gets the steady return flow.

I would also think that they need a fair amount of light, just not as much as giganteas.

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2019, 09:49 PM   #28
CTaylor
Registered Member

OK so this is the one that you've been trying to save.
I'm also thinking a rule of thumb is that if it's looking healthy and staying put , if it looks full and good overall over a period of time in one spot, then those conditions are likely making it happy. Whether it's getting more turbulent compared to laminar, if it looks happy then the conditions are probably ok. << which is how mine is. I have to take that 7 day vid...Tomorrow I will (8 day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThRoewer View Post
It is completely bleached and due to that pretty much on its way out right now. At this point, it would probably require a miracle or an act of god to safe it...

From where they are found in the reef they should want medium to very strong flow but as laminar as possible. From what I have seen, turbulent (chaotic) flow is something they don't like. The flow in the video is actually quite strong but directed down and against the front so that the anemone gets the steady return flow.

I would also think that they need a fair amount of light, just not as much as giganteas.

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote