Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/30/2016, 06:44 AM   #1
shelleyBoston
Registered Member

New 10G Nano

Just getting back into the hobby and want to start a new nano 10G size , looking at the current options, Nuvo 10, JbJ 10 desktop rimless, and wondering if there maybe other model/brands I should look at, any suggestions would be appreciated

shelleyBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2016, 07:15 AM   #2
glalex
Registered Member

My last tank was a nuvo, It's designed really well and I like the options that you get with the tank,in the back you have room to hide your heater, add a slimmer, a fuge and a media reactor, all specially made for IM tanks.. unfortunately I sold it when I moved to San Diego, I currently have a jbj 10g rimless series. I'm happy with the fish tank, except that it is hard to get the filter cartridges, I think is because it's new to the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2016, 07:16 AM   #3
glalex
Registered Member

This is my link. To my jbj

JBJ Desktop Series 10g
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2016, 10:30 AM   #4
ssick92
Registered Member

I have the IM Nuvo 10g, and I really like it, I just wish there were more options available for a skimmer. They limit the space available so that you basically HAVE to use their Ghost Skimmer, which has mixed reviews...

Instead of a skimmer I may just get an InTank fuge basket and a fuge light and turn the 2nd chamber into a fuge, but not sure if I'll even need it yet...

IM Nuvo 10g Mixed Reef Nano | Kessil A160we | Mp10QD | Osmolator Nano
ssick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2016, 11:25 AM   #5
shelleyBoston
Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback, ssick92 I see you are using AI PrimeHD+ with your NUVO just wondering how do you like it. I think I will go with the NUVO and now thinking about lighting is the Hydra 26HD overkill for the 10?

Unread 09/30/2016, 01:58 PM   #6
ssick92
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyBoston View Post
Thanks for the feedback, ssick92 I see you are using AI PrimeHD+ with your NUVO just wondering how do you like it. I think I will go with the NUVO and now thinking about lighting is the Hydra 26HD overkill for the 10?
The Prime HD is more than enough light for this small tank, and I love the ease of use. Just hook it up to your WiFi network, download the app and set your photoperiod. It allows you to tune each color spectrum independently, or you can use their "easy setup" if you don't want the extra options. I am running mine at like 30% power and everything seems happy, but I am slowly ramping it up to about 40% (via acclimation mode) in hopes of getting some extra growth and color. Will wait to see how corals react to that and may bump it up more.

Thy Hydra 26HD is definitely overkill for this tank, but would be a great match for the Nuvo 20 if you were so inclined.

IM Nuvo 10g Mixed Reef Nano | Kessil A160we | Mp10QD | Osmolator Nano
ssick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2016, 03:10 PM   #7
shelleyBoston
Registered Member

I ended buying a tank that was not suggested in the thread, I just placed an order on Ebay for the new Fluval EVO 13.5G AIO tank. I will post pics and details when I set it up.
Thank you for the comments

Unread 10/02/2016, 07:03 PM   #8
asting
Registered Member

Ah. Reading the first few posts I was shocked to not see that present. It's a highly recommended tank, and if you want a ready to go peninsula is the best option.

asting is offline   Reply With Quote