Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/14/2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Flybynight
Registered Member

Does ich react to light.

I have researched and I’m just lost. I got a tang that looked good and added to my display without qting. I ended up with Lord knows what. I put all my fish in a hospital tank 07/15 so about 30 days ago. I started with Fresh water dip and then to Cupramine in qt recommended does. I lost a few fish but over I’m happy with the results. I removed the copper with water changes and active carbon. I dosed Chloroquine Phosphate on 8/03. A clown fish looks like it still has velvet, bacterial infection or Brook. Yellow and Scopas tang keep showing symptoms ich. I have keep them in ambient light most of the time. Tonight I turned the tank light and they looked good for a few mins then they started swimming faster and pimples started poping up just after a few mins of the light being on. My 6 Line wrasse started cleaning the tangs so I know I was not seeing things.

What is going on? I have dosed the cp correct and even feed the food with cap in it. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Unread 08/15/2018, 06:42 AM   #2
Uncle99
Crab Free Zone

When you treated with cupramine did you wait until 30 days after the last spot was seen?
Why did you add CP after you removed the copper?

Brook and velvet are fast killers, so I would think it's just Ick still.

In general, Cupramine until no spots seen, then continue for 7 more days, then remove copper, then observe and feed fir 30 more days, then if no spots and eating well, fish is clear of Ick.

Uncle99 is offline   Reply With Quote