Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/11/2020, 03:26 PM   #1
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

High Tin on icp test

Hello I've got super high tin reading on my icp test. No other metals. The reading is Tin 148 µg/l, where would this be coming from? I cant see anything obvious, thanks.

Unread 11/11/2020, 09:40 PM   #2
Oldreeferman
Registered Member

Do you have any magnetic frag holders in the tank? They can go bad & get a leak around the magnet then leech into the water. Can't think of anything else again unless something has a leak you have not caught yet id consider everything with any metals suspect until the culprit is located.

Current Tank Info: Nano Reef tank
Oldreeferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2021, 10:15 PM   #3
boxfishpooalot
Registered Member

One reefer found that plastic tubing leeched tin. Especiallh the green eheim tubing and one other kind.

Current Tank Info: 220 galon mixed reef.
boxfishpooalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2021, 09:01 AM   #4
Oldreeferman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfishpooalot View Post
One reefer found that plastic tubing leeched tin. Especiallh the green eheim tubing and one other kind.
Glad you posted that, i never would have thought plastic of any kind could do that.

Current Tank Info: Nano Reef tank
Oldreeferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2021, 12:03 PM   #5
toby.toby
Registered Member

it's common in new tanks, something to do with the manufacturing process of the glass, this is what I've heard and seems to follow with various posts I've seen, of course if not a new tank then the above reasons! I'm sure I had tin from a cheap RO pump with a rusting shaft. Just have to methodically go through checking everything

toby.toby is offline   Reply With Quote