Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/20/2017, 06:05 PM   #1
JustinM
Registered Member

Rbta

Hello,

A friend of mine gave me an RBTA because it keeps splitting and he has too many. I’ve had in my tank about a week now. The tank is kind of brand new(rock is 5 years old and so is tank but I sterilized the tank about 2 weeks ago. It used to be a fish OT)

It’s a drilled 40 breeder with a curve 5 skimmer and the photon 24 light. NH3 is 0, NO2 and NO3 are both zero as well.

The disc just seems to lay flat and the tentacles are stretched out. I know they don’t all bubble but just wanted make sure it isn’t stretching for more light. I have the less ramping up to about 70% blue & 40% white. I’ll attach a YouTube link so you can see.

I appreciate the help!

Justin

https://youtu.be/8MF2oxjA6J8

JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/21/2017, 12:15 PM   #2
humphreyhh
Registered Member

Rbta

I'm not sure about the light you re using but it looks ok in the video. Btas are not too light hungry anemones. As long as your light is enough to keep some simple corals alive it should be enough. Mine lived under a 15 dollar eBay led bulb for couple of months without a problem.

They change their shapes frequently. It could be stretching for food too. As long as it does not wander around a lot, it is probably fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humphreyhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/21/2017, 04:09 PM   #3
JustinM
Registered Member

It grew some corals before till I bought Radions. It’s not the best light but it works. I appreciate the response.

Unread 10/23/2017, 10:14 AM   #4
Shia
Registered Member

From the video I am not seeing anything concerning, hard to tell if it is bleaching. Make sure to feed it and watch its response. Tentacles that can hold on to food and bring into the oral disc is always a good sign.

Shia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/23/2017, 02:35 PM   #5
JustinM
Registered Member

It definitely eats with ease and fast too! The color in person is definitely a red/rose as well. The hardest thing I’m trying to figure out is which Vortech setting to use. I’m only using one MP10 at the moment and constant mode seems to have the best look. Reef crest would probably be better when I get a second mp10 and run it in anti-sync.

Maybe it’s me just worrying too much but when Reef crest ramps down, it seems the anemone just looks stagnant.