Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/19/2009, 07:35 AM   #326
ERICinFL
Rejisturd Mimbur

I sent an email to Plusrite, asking if they would donate a variety of bulbs to Sanjay for testing. I provided the link to Sanjay's site, so they'll know it's legit. Let's try to fill their mail box with requests and don't forget to mention you're a member of Reef Central. Here is the email address to their sales and marketing department, if you'd like to ask them as well.

koji@plusriteusa.com

Sorry kids, your college fund is gone, but the tank looks SWEET right?

Current Tank Info: 150gal mixed reef. ER CS135, 65gal sump/fuge with a Mag12 return. (2) Korillia 4s, (1) modded MJ1200, two SunSun 3200gph powerheads. 250+lbs LR.
ERICinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2009, 10:22 AM   #327
rguyler
Registered Member

Sanjay, PM sent to you.

Current Tank Info: 120G Reef - AI Hydra 26HD lighting, AquaC Skimmer, Reeflo Blackfin Pump, Gyre XF250 Dual Pumps, Aqua Medic Dosing Alk/Ca/Mg & Vinegar, HydroFill Ti ATO, Basement Sump w/Refugium and Kessil 160 Blue Lights
rguyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2009, 11:39 PM   #328
Darejohn
Registered Member.

can you still get the solaris from any closeout stores or sites?

Darejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2009, 08:10 PM   #329
dbc1717
Registered Member

This may have been covered somewhwere else, but I did not see it over the last year or so...

I am considering using two 250w and 1 400 w MH bulbs on my 30" deep 210. I like the look of the Radium 20K bumbs...

Will I need VHO or T5 for the actinic spectrum, or are there "Blue" mh bulbs that have a similar glow that the actinic florescents add?

dbc1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2009, 10:02 AM   #330
dwdowney
Registered Member

I am currently setting up a 6’ long 5’ tall aquarium in my new home. I would like to keep softies at the bottom, LPS’s in the middle and some monti’s at the top. Due to the aquascaping plan, it would be very advantageous to be able to keep the monti’s as low as possible to avoid having a great view of their undersides. I was the light to penetrate, but I do not want to sacrifice color. Can I get away with 4 400 watt MH with XM 10ks and Radium 20ks or do I need one 1000 watt 10k and 4 400 watt 14ks? I know Saxby runs one 1000 watt but just in the middle of the day. Also, if I run a 1000 watt will I have to double my chiller size? Power is cheap in Tennessee, but my bill is already high and no one lives in the house. All my lighting will be purchased from Sunlight Supply.

dwdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2009, 07:54 PM   #331
dbc1717
Registered Member

EricinFl- This is off topic, but I love your avatar photo!

dbc1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2009, 03:12 PM   #332
wishfish
Registered Member

How high do the MH's need to be from the water surface? Also, how high doe actinics or other full spectrum HO's or VHO lamps need to be from the water? I am worried about heating the water or bleaching the top corals.

--Wishfish

wishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/25/2009, 01:53 PM   #333
2cool4u
Registered Member.

wher to buy t5s ballast

hello i have a ton of 14 watt t5 bulbs and was going to make a light wher can i buy the ballast menards dont sale them

2cool4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/25/2009, 02:00 PM   #334
2cool4u
Registered Member.

plusrtie bulbs are junck thay have no par thay dont grow any thing

2cool4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/25/2009, 02:09 PM   #335
RGibson
RGibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfish View Post
How high do the MH's need to be from the water surface? Also, how high doe actinics or other full spectrum HO's or VHO lamps need to be from the water? I am worried about heating the water or bleaching the top corals.

--Wishfish
7 in from the water to the botton of the bulb.

Unread 10/28/2009, 02:49 PM   #336
wishfish
Registered Member

Distance of lamp to water

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGibson View Post
7 in from the water to the botton of the bulb.
Thanks so much RGIBSON. This is most appreciated. I really want to put the light very close but too close has all kinds of problems too. How did you finally arrive at putting your lights at th 7" distance? Did you get too much salt encrusting when the lights were closer?

thanks.

Wishfish

wishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2009, 01:12 PM   #337
aoc230
Aoc230

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICinFL View Post
I sent an email to Plusrite, asking if they would donate a variety of bulbs to Sanjay for testing. I provided the link to Sanjay's site, so they'll know it's legit. Let's try to fill their mail box with requests and don't forget to mention you're a member of Reef Central. Here is the email address to their sales and marketing department, if you'd like to ask them as well.

koji@plusriteusa.com
really am interested what Sanjay's findings are? very interesting... i'd alos like to know the lnogevity of these bulbs, i thinnk they are ok for the first month or two(so pretty much the break in period) and then fade out??? cant wait

aoc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2009, 09:12 AM   #338
Dexter1334
Premium Member

These LED Lights look promising pricewise. I am thinking of changing over from my T5's. If I am reading the price right they are about $200 each and require one for each two foot of tank.
http://bsled.en.alibaba.com/product/...ric_timer.html

Dexter1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2009, 03:19 PM   #339
GPhiAce
Registered Member

Can anyone pm me or post the link to a review of the different reflectors, especially the LA 3s, LM Elite, and LumenBrights. Am I missing any?? I have tried looking through this thread, but man is it long and the search function is not helping any.

Current Tank Info: empty 120 gallon glass box. wanna help fill it? sps and palys please
GPhiAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2009, 10:05 PM   #340
philosophish
Registered Member

here ya go, http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2009/1/review

keep in mind it does not include the smaller lumanmax 2 and 3 reflectors.

Unread 12/27/2009, 07:01 PM   #341
ebruce01
Registered Member

This site is selling what they call "aquarium bulbs" now. I havent used them but just in case someone is interested in a good price here you go. They have pretty good prices on ballasts as well if you need a replacement......
http://www.1000bulbs.com/400-Watt-Me...quarium-Lamps/
I know there is a lot of controversy on the different bulbs but I would still love to see the prices come down on a lot of this stuff. Maybe products like these will help!

ebruce01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2010, 11:17 PM   #342
ctmgardea
Registered Member

Sun-Brite Led ... any feed back? what does everyone think. looks good, but is it to good to be true? http://www.exotic-aquarium.com/testresults.html

ctmgardea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2010, 12:06 PM   #343
deep blue sea
Registered Member

Lighting question

Hi folks, i am new to the salt water scene and have a lighting question. I have started a 23long salt water set up. I need help to find the proper lighting, if anyone could send me in the right direction about what is the best light for me. I wanna start coral as well as fish and do not want to be limited in what i grow, so i want the proper light for my tank, thank you very much, any help would be great.

deep blue sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2010, 01:02 PM   #344
onetrickpony
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep blue sea View Post
Hi folks, i am new to the salt water scene and have a lighting question. I have started a 23long salt water set up. I need help to find the proper lighting, if anyone could send me in the right direction about what is the best light for me. I wanna start coral as well as fish and do not want to be limited in what i grow, so i want the proper light for my tank, thank you very much, any help would be great.
Check out "The T5 Q&A Thread" , lots of info and Grim will get you started in the right direction

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1706461

onetrickpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2010, 07:03 PM   #345
deep blue sea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
Check out "The T5 Q&A Thread" , lots of info and Grim will get you started in the right direction

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1706461
Thank you very much for your help

deep blue sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2010, 03:08 PM   #346
northbay-reefer
Registered Member

Does anyone know what the phoenix single end 250 watt 14k looks like and how is the par reading compare to it's double end counter part?

Current Tank Info: Tankless :D
northbay-reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2010, 06:57 AM   #347
hautfr
Registered Member

Advice on LEDs for large tank

Hi,

Good morning from France to all. I have a 110" x 31.5" x 31.5" (280 cm x 80 cm x 80 cm) SPS tank, and today lighting is composed of 6 x 400 W MH.
As my electricity bill is quite high, I am considering switching to LEDs possibly along with T5. I have read a lot on LEDs but it seems that experience is quite limited for large tanks, in particular depth of 30" or more.
I would like to get your suggestion on potential future lighting set-up using either LEDs only or LEDs + T5. what would you recommend?
seems that the more attractive products are Pacific Sea and TMC-Aquabeam, which performance may be close to MH.
Thanks for your valuable advice.
Fred

hautfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2010, 07:34 PM   #348
Robert Patterso
Registered Member

Been thinking about going to the 20k Radiums. Using 12k reeflux on the coralvue dimmable ballast. Will the Radiums run good on the coralvue ballast or would I be givin up to much par. Also was wondering about the Reeflux 20k bulbs. Any good?

Current Tank Info: 140 ssb, 75g sump ect. xp2000 cone skimmer, 400w XM 20k's in sm. Lumenbrites, ATS over refugium
Robert Patterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2010, 06:14 PM   #349
yaominh
Registered Member

I would use the coralvue ballast with the 12k reeflux.. I love the reeflux. The radiums are pretty awesome too. There is a website with a $10 promotional code. Ill find the website if your're interested. Sorry I dont know how much par you would lose and I think the only person who would know is Sanjay

yaominh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/30/2010, 12:22 PM   #350
pondwater
Moved On

Galaxy 400 watt and Radium 20 se setup

While I have read reports on this combo, are there any users out there who can comment on their satisfaction with this setup? I would like to run dual 400 watt galaxy(s) and Radium 20 se over an sps 120. I don't want to get too blue on the look
Thanks

pondwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led aquarium light