Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Mason Dixon Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/13/2017, 10:32 AM   #1
csbrown2
Registered Member

New to Area

I recently moved to the area (about halfway between Harrisburg and State College) and I am getting tanks set up now that we have found a long term home.
Currently just have a 3 gallon JBJ cubey I just started (see pic below) and a 10 gallon frag tank to start growing corals.
Planning to build a 125 in my basement, but may have a 55 gallon intermediate tank at some point...will have to see what my wife let's me get away with.
Since I'm not familiar with resources around me I'd like to get some recommendations for LFS stores, experienced members in the area, etc that any of y'all are willing to share.
Pretty much anything from Williamsport to Lancaster would be about as far as I would want to go, but if possible I'd like to find resources between State College and Harrisburg.
Of course any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

csbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2017, 02:18 PM   #2
JeffBoyRD
Registered Member

Welcome to Central PA. I am sure there are a few others that could comment on some potential "fish" stores. Not that I am recommending, but there is That Fish Place in the Lancaster area. I have heard good comments concerning Reef and Tails near Reading. Also, you may want to checkout the "official" MDRC website, mdreefclub.com, which does have a member as well as a local fish store map.

Current Tank Info: Full of saltwater
JeffBoyRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2017, 02:12 PM   #3
csbrown2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBoyRD View Post
Welcome to Central PA. I am sure there are a few others that could comment on some potential "fish" stores. Not that I am recommending, but there is That Fish Place in the Lancaster area. I have heard good comments concerning Reef and Tails near Reading. Also, you may want to checkout the "official" MDRC website, mdreefclub.com, which does have a member as well as a local fish store map.
I will do that...thank you!

Unread 06/20/2017, 06:49 PM   #4
Jen0221
Registered Member

If your making your way to the reading area check out coral reef connection

Jen0221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 07:11 PM   #5
csbrown2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0221 View Post
If your making your way to the reading area check out coral reef connection
ok...ive never been to reading but if I do I'll check it out

Unread 05/03/2018, 11:52 AM   #6
PitViper
Registered Member

Welcome to area. A good and knowledgeable place that I have found locally here in Reading is exotic fish and pets. Guys name is JOEL. Opened this store after seeing what other stores were like and how they treated their tanks. Knows his stuff and takes a great deal of care for his animals and tanks. Very good guy. As far as that pet place. I wouldn’t go for fish but I would def go for supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2018, 06:34 PM   #7
Mrs.Saltaholic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
Welcome to area. A good and knowledgeable place that I have found locally here in Reading is exotic fish and pets. Guys name is JOEL. Opened this store after seeing what other stores were like and how they treated their tanks. Knows his stuff and takes a great deal of care for his animals and tanks. Very good guy. As far as that pet place. I wouldn’t go for fish but I would def go for supplies.

id have to agree with you about That fish place. supplies yes, but not livestock. Unless they’re having one of their frag swaps

Mrs.Saltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote