Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:34 AM   #1
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Recent Feedback

Hey guys. We have said it many times in the past but it is worth repeating. Most of the time, if you have a good experience with a company, you walk away with a smile on your face and satisfaction in your heart but are not inclined to tell people about it. If you have a bad experience for whatever reason, almost everybody is inclined to tell the world. There is always a disproportionate amount of disapproving comments compared to actual positive experiences so we wanted to share with you a few emails we have gotten recently from people so happy with their experience they felt inclined to write.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2014, 11:35 AM   #2
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from South Carolina wrote:

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that received the box with all the fish for this order by 10 AM today. Everything looks great!

The zebra dartfish and the wrasse are especially LARGE - thanks!

And the cleaner shrimp seem much more lively this time.

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:37 AM   #3
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from California wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that my order came right on time this morning. Everything I ordered was in excellent condition and has acclimated beautifully! I was also impressed with the packing job and acclimation packet.

I also want to thank you for all the help you gave me on the phone before I placed my order. You guys are my new favorite fish store! Thanks so much!

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:38 AM   #4
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Florida wrote:

Your company does it right. This was the best online livestock order I have ever received. Perfect healthy livestock, exceptionally good packing and shipping, top notch customer service including internal communication between order takers and the order pullers and the accounting department. Other companies can only wish they were this good. I couldn't be happier and I'll never order from any other company in the future.

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:40 AM   #5
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Oklahoma wrote:

I slow drip acclimated everything from 10am until 2pm and started introducing everything to my system shortly after. The chromis are all very happily schooling in the main column as a couple pairs go about exploring on occasion. The Scopas has taken refuge in the corner, but I am able to watch it and seems content and well at this point as well. This batch of shrimp may have been the least fearful I’ve ever received. As I moved them from the drip bowl to the tank a few sought cover in the rock as expected, but most of them explored openly around the tank and even my hand. The snails and crabs are all going about their detrivorious duties across the glass and sand beds.

All in all, another terrific supply of livestock. Thank you!

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:41 AM   #6
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Alaska wrote:

Ordering fish from Alaska is not an easy thing to do but you make it easy. The trip for the fish take two days instead of the normal one day but all the fish I ordered were still alive and swimming when I received them the other day. Your staff was very helpful when I called and talked to them about what fish would have the best chance to survive the extra time in the bags. We went through each and every fish that I wanted before I ordered them. Not only are your prices very competitive you also don’t charge anything extra to ship to Alaska. This will keep me coming back for all my fish needs.

Thanks for the great service.

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:42 AM   #7
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

I just received my dwarf lion fish... an I am very pleased to say he/she is really impressive- solos etc.. I will be sure to order from Blu-zoo again!
thank you

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:46 AM   #8
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Minnesota wrote:

Just wanted to drop you a line on my last order. One of the best orders I have received from an online aquatics retailer. 100% survival rate (2 sea hare, 20 blue chromis, velvet sea slug, lawnmower blennie, fox face, kole tang, tiger jaw fish and dart fire fish). Excellent packaging, love the square bottom bags. Will be purchasing all of my fish from you in the future.

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:47 AM   #9
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Ohio wrote:

Hi there,
I just wanted to let you know that my order arrived safely, all looks well. No DOA's and keeping fingers crossed all continues on this path. I also wanted to mention, that the angel in my order is amazing!! As are the Spotted Sea Hares. The hares hit the rock runnin and haven't stopped eating yet...
I'm sure you mostly only hear about the bad stuff.. just wanted to say thanks for another nice order!

Unread 11/12/2014, 11:48 AM   #10
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Arkansas wrote:

Good afternoon Blue Zoo Crew,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the customer service I have received from you thus far. I had a DAA shipment a few weeks ago and the entire experience thus far has been confidence inspiring. I have spoken to Greg on several occasions now and he has always been very helpful and friendly. He has even been kind enough to check on the size of a fish for me to make sure it wasn’t too big for my tank. Unfortunately it was, but its things like that which people like me really remember. I’m sure Greg is tired of seeing a 501 area code pop up but he is helpful and friendly as can be each time. I will keep checking back daily for fish on my list. I look forward to using the store credit you were nice enough to provide me with.

Thank you for such great customer service!

Unread 11/17/2014, 03:55 PM   #11
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Dear Blue Zoo Aquatics Associate:

The majestic angelfish and coral are really beautiful. Thank you for selecting such fine specimens!
Take care

Unread 12/04/2014, 11:22 AM   #12
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer in Kansas wrote:

This is the first time I have ordered anything from Blue Zoo and I want to let you know how pleased I am with Everything.

The response to my order was lightening fast and scheduled to arrive on the day I requested. All the animals were packaged with care, Every one arrived Looking healthy and well cared for. I was also impressed and grateful for all the little extras you included to make acclimation smooth and easy. The information, the drip line and stress coat were a huge help. I also like the food sample you sent. I was amazed when my animals were actually delivered by 10:00AM and in December at that. I live in a rural area and rarely see a delivery that early even live animals. I was relieved to see that the FedEx person exhibited care when handling my package.

All my creatures have been acclimated into my tank and are doing wonderfully. 2 wrasses, 2 cleaner shrimp and a Sea Hare. After such a terrific experience, I Will be ordering from Blue Zoo again in the future.

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job!

This person sent another follow up email:

I also wanted to say thank you for mentioning in your instructions about some animals playing dead or looking lifeless. I expected the Wrasses might but they didn't. the sea hare though was floating on it's back and rigid. Even though there was no ink in the bag, at first I thought it might have expired since I'd read posts of people saying their sea hares were found dead looking like that. I decided to give it a chance and acclimate it anyway as instructed. sure enough. after the bag was left alone for awhile with a very slow drip I noticed it turning it's head. It got livelier over time and I gave it a good 4 hour acclimation then gently placed it onto the sand bed. It started to grab onto my hand when I lifted it out of the bag and began happily foraging minutes after placing it into my tank.

Just wanted to let you know in case any of the sea hares people found rigid were not actually dead. I certainly hope they didn't dispose of any live sea hares. I think it might have just done that because it couldn't get a good purchase on the bag in transit and it was the best way for it to protect itself.

Unread 12/06/2014, 08:49 AM   #13
NiTr0x911
Registered Member

I've always had a perfect Transaction with Blue Zoo.Huge selection great prices and customer services A+++

Unread 12/28/2014, 12:24 PM   #14
DaisyDog
Registered Member

I have had nothing but troubles with the Blue Zoo and would not let my worst enemy purchase anything from them.

DaisyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2014, 04:39 PM   #15
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

DaisyDog, sorry you feel that way. Is there anything we can do for you?

Unread 12/30/2014, 02:27 PM   #16
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Indiana wrote:

Hey, got everything and the fish are awesome. Acclimated and eating already…So far cleaner shrimp is surviving..I do have one question, the blue throat tends to get very close to carpet anemone, will they naturally avoid contact with those? Not sure if they see many where they come fro and would much rather get rid of the carpet and clowns than have the fish get stung, stress out or die.. Thanks again your fish are amazing! Thanks

Unread 01/07/2015, 05:33 PM   #17
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer from Tennessee wrote:

Just wanted to say thank you for the great service and the wonderful fish. Your company is awesome! You went out of your way not once but TWICE for me. Adding to and changing my order at the very very last minute. Everything I ordered is healthy and most of all alive! I'll never order from any other company but this one. I highly recommend you to everyone I know that has saltwater fish. I ordered a blue starfish and it was the small one. The one I received is a big as my hand and is a beautiful color blue. Absolutely everything was perfect and was right on time. Looking forward to my next purchases. Great work!!!!

Unread 01/13/2015, 11:04 AM   #18
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

A customer in Ohio (Go Buckeyes!!!) wrote:

I just picked up my package I am acclimating everything thing right now, but I just wanted to thank you for the great packaging and the extra heat packs. I have been very impressed with your company and your great customer service. Thank you so much for going above and beyond for every order I have received from you!!!!

Unread 01/14/2015, 06:07 AM   #19
johnike
Moved On

Happy birthday!!

Looking forward to my next order, it's been a while.

johnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2015, 07:51 PM   #20
fearyaks
Registered Member

Hi BZA folks. I placed an order last week, and one of the fish was DOA. I contacted customer service and they questioned the veracity of my claims because the water was still 'very clear', disregarding the fact that I live ~ 30 miles from BZA... and the fish was probably only in the bag for ~ 8 hours or so.

After a number of email exchanges, I stopped hearing from BZA. I would simply like to receive credit or get another fish.

This is not the first time I've received an order from BZA... every other time I've had a good experience. I am close to contesting this order with my CC company which I'd really rather not do.

fearyaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2015, 09:18 AM   #21
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the update. Can you give us more information like an order number so we can look up the status of the claim for you? Sorry, but there is not much to go on in this post. Also, if you can, start a new thread next time so existing threads can stay on topic.

If you are that close to us, then your actual transit time on orders is longer than if you were on the East coast. The boxes get put onto the FedEx trailer at around 6PM PST. If you receive your order at 10:30AM PST, then your package has been all the way to Oakland or even sometimes Memphis and then back to you for a transit time of 16.5 hours. If you were on the East coast and your package was delivered by 10:30 EST, because of the time difference, your package would have been in transit 13.5 hours. It's actually a big advantage if you are on the East coast to buy from West coast suppliers because the animals are in the boxes for less time. Just an FYI.

Also, if you are that close to our facility, we do offer a will call service for local customers. The will call hours are Tues-Thurs from 3PM to 6PM and Fri from 12PM to 3PM. Just place an order and ask for a will call in the notes section.

Hope all that helps.

Unread 01/16/2015, 10:04 AM   #22
fearyaks
Registered Member

Sure!! The order number is 942203

And yes, I think next time, I'll just pick it up to avoid any problems!

Unread 01/16/2015, 12:25 PM   #23
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the info. Your account does show a pending credit claim which has a completion date of 1/20. Hope that helps.

Unread 01/16/2015, 01:41 PM   #24
fearyaks
Registered Member

Perfect, thanks very much for your help!

Unread 01/16/2015, 01:49 PM   #25
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Not a problem at all. Glad we could help.