Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/16/2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Trevnc1
Registered Member

Need Help with apex controller

I need some help programming the Neptune apex classic controller. I had one of these years ago and and now getting back into the hobby. It seems I remember just programming the outlets via the display the last time because I didn't have internet or maybe I'm forgetting something. For example I programmed outlet A1 fallbackn setn and the outlet still remains off. Am I missing something?

Trevnc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2018, 09:03 PM   #2
Jboone82590
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevnc1 View Post
I need some help programming the Neptune apex classic controller. I had one of these years ago and and now getting back into the hobby. It seems I remember just programming the outlets via the display the last time because I didn't have internet or maybe I'm forgetting something. For example I programmed outlet A1 fallbackn setn and the outlet still remains off. Am I missing something?
Did u turn the outlet on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jboone82590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2018, 09:03 PM   #3
Jboone82590
Registered Member

Quote:
Shoot me a text ill be able to help faster and easier if thats ok with u.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jboone82590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2018, 09:46 PM   #4
kurt_n
Registered Member

Quote:
Did you set the outlet to "auto"? Only when it's in "auto" does it execute the programming.

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2018, 09:11 AM   #5
Trevnc1
Registered Member

Yes they are all set to auto. I have a hard time believing this controller is not as advanced as a coralife timer and that I can not program it to run simple on off functions via the display. Here is a pic of my return pump outlet A7 that remains off after I input this program.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4500.jpg (41.8 KB, 12 views)
Unread 02/17/2018, 07:34 PM   #6
kurt_n
Registered Member

Have you turned the outlet to manual "on" or manual "off" and see if it works? If it doesn't, then something is probably wrong with the outlet.

Just noticed... you said that's a picture of your return pump outlet A7. In your first post, you mention outlet A1. You sure you're plugged into the outlet you're trying to control?

Programming via the display is not the easiest - although the simple "Set ON" like you're doing isn't an issue. Assuming you have a home network this time, you probably want to set it up using that. It'll be way easier to set up, program, and troubleshoot.

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2018, 11:46 AM   #7
Trevnc1
Registered Member

Yes sorry A1 was for sump lights A7 was return pump. It was a pretty simple fix I just had to modify the outlets to the correct address on the EB8