Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/15/2014, 10:16 PM   #26
STsONpERs
Registered Member

Well there may be a couple changes in my plans as I was looking for a few last items I came across a tank that I really like and use to own and for the price I just couldn't say no, so ill be picking it up this weekend.

The tank is a 34g Solana AIO with stand, light lamp/dome/bulb(brand new) no scratches just needs a cleaning and for $100 i couldn't say no.

So I'm back to the drawing board on how I want to set these up and what equipment to use for both tanks......Ill post on here when I figure it out

STsONpERs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2014, 05:15 AM   #27
terrypercula
Registered Member

Put the equipment you were going to use on this tank lol

Current Tank Info: IM Nuvo Fusion 10, Kessil A160, Tunze Osmolator 3155, Ecotech Vortech MP10
terrypercula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2014, 09:25 AM   #28
BC29Reefer
Registered Member

Nice tank, are those micro bubbles I see?

BC29Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/16/2014, 09:36 AM   #29
brad908
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsONpERs View Post
I was just planning to use street pipe from home depot but this weekend while trying to figure out mounting the equipment in the stand, i decided that I am going to have my stand rebuilt to go with the more modern look of my office and the street pipe doesn't really go with a modern look so I'm back to the drawing board....Any ideas?
Do you mean the conduit piping? It is very modern and "in" right now. I have used it on a few tanks of mine

brad908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2014, 09:48 AM   #30
cnseekatz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsONpERs View Post
Well there may be a couple changes in my plans as I was looking for a few last items I came across a tank that I really like and use to own and for the price I just couldn't say no, so ill be picking it up this weekend.

The tank is a 34g Solana AIO with stand, light lamp/dome/bulb(brand new) no scratches just needs a cleaning and for $100 i couldn't say no.

So I'm back to the drawing board on how I want to set these up and what equipment to use for both tanks......Ill post on here when I figure it out
Ugh... breakin' my heart!

cnseekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2014, 12:23 PM   #31
STsONpERs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad908 View Post
Do you mean the conduit piping? It is very modern and "in" right now. I have used it on a few tanks of mine
Yes but I want more sharp edges rather than the round that the piping gives me, i have used it on a few tanks and it is an awesome look though.

Thinking about stealing this idea for the stand and light - http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/30471...-rimless-reef/

Hope he doesn't mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnseekatz View Post
Ugh... breakin' my heart!
Im going to set up the Pic0 as planned and then just take my time setting up the Solana, i just love the Solana and never understood why the discontinued them.

The tank arrives on Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallowPlanet View Post
Nice! I always admire the brave that set up Picos.
Sometimes it can sure causes headaches but I think that is with any size tank.

The main difference is user error can have a huge impact with such little water volume, where I could push back a water change in my bigger tank and my tank wouldn't really show it, this little one will start to show signs pretty quickly if I start getting lackadaisical.

Unread 04/17/2014, 01:23 PM   #32
STsONpERs
Registered Member

After realizing how much I like the way the reefer in the link above did his stand, I whipped up what I am thinking regarding the stand and as you can tell the out side is almost a carbon copy.

Hoping I can get this put together soon.

Unread 04/24/2014, 10:04 PM   #33
STsONpERs
Registered Member

Well the tank arrived on Monday

I only took a couple pictures as I was on a conference call when the UPS guy came, couldn't hang up but there was not way I could wait to open it

I set the tank up with a PAR38 but the Radion will be up on Sat. as a guy in my local club is fabricating a light rack for me.

I still need to get a few things for the tank but I have a few weeks while the tank is going through its cycle.

The view from my desk

I really like the tank dimensions so I've decided Im going to use all the equipment as planned on this tank and since i recently found out a move is in my future, the solana setup will wait

Cant wait to get some life in this baby

Unread 05/10/2014, 01:40 PM   #34
D.v
Registered Member

Think we need an update here.

D.v is offline   Reply With Quote