Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 07/10/2017, 08:00 PM   #1
GardenVariety
Registered Member
 
GardenVariety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 153
GHL 2 Doser - WiFi Issues

I've setup the doser to my router and can connect but am constantly getting errors. My router is 10 feet away and is a high end Apple AirPort Extreme. I'm constantly getting error 28 and 50 on the Windows GHL CC. Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to have to run ethernet. I also cannot connect via my iPhone App outside my local network.


GardenVariety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2017, 08:16 PM   #2
MrMichael
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
I've setup the doser to my router and can connect but am constantly getting errors. My router is 10 feet away and is a high end Apple AirPort Extreme. I'm constantly getting error 28 and 50 on the Windows GHL CC. Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to have to run ethernet. I also cannot connect via my iPhone App outside my local network.
Don't have a doser, just throwing out random advice. I have Profilux + Mitras and the Profilux had firmware updates that improved Wifi reliability. I connected mine to the 2.4GHz because I needed the range since mine are a good distance from the router. Someone with a doser will likely reply with better info.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk


MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2017, 08:55 PM   #3
GardenVariety
Registered Member
 
GardenVariety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMichael View Post
Don't have a doser, just throwing out random advice. I have Profilux + Mitras and the Profilux had firmware updates that improved Wifi reliability. I connected mine to the 2.4GHz because I needed the range since mine are a good distance from the router. Someone with a doser will likely reply with better info.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah, I understand 2.4GHz would be more reliable but I can't imagine it would matter in the same room 10 feet away. I'll check my router to see if I can separate the bands but I don't think that will solve it in this instance.


GardenVariety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2017, 12:54 PM   #4
[email protected]
Registered Member
 
Vinny@GHLUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 218
The doser's wifi module runs on the 2.4GHz band.

Setup the doser using a Static IP address.

The app is meant for local use, not outside of your WiFi network range. If you need to access the doser outside of your network, setup and use myGHL cloud. This will allow you to access the doser from a web browser instead of through the app.


Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2017, 10:21 PM   #5
GardenVariety
Registered Member
 
GardenVariety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The doser's wifi module runs on the 2.4GHz band.

Setup the doser using a Static IP address.

The app is meant for local use, not outside of your WiFi network range. If you need to access the doser outside of your network, setup and use myGHL cloud. This will allow you to access the doser from a web browser instead of through the app.
The GHL is on a static IP. Turns out the iPhone will connect via local network with stability but the computer won't. I'm just going to use my phone for now.


GardenVariety is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014