Reef Central Online Community
Live Aquaria

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquatronica
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/26/2017, 03:13 PM   #1
beuchat
Registered Member

Receiving too many sms and emails from touch controller

Hi

I have set up my touch controoler to send an alarm in the case that the RO unit does not switch off when replenising evaporated water. I control this event with a level sensor so that when the sensor is high the controller switches of the RO unit power.

OK the problem is that the alarm is not possible to acknowlege. I keep receiving emails and sms without end as lomg as the sensor level is in high possition. I receive two types of messages (and sms): one with alarm (sensor high) and afterwards one with alarm ended (and sms) (sensor OK), wich is not true

And keep receiving sms and emails until I discconnect the sms module or the level sensor returns to the initial position

Any experiences , help, please?

Thanks

Current Tank Info: 150 gal
beuchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2017, 06:11 PM   #2
beuchat
Registered Member

Hi,

The issue is not solved and I get no answer from the Official Technical Support. Not even a courtesy response

In the past, the old aquatronica unit came with a lot of failures/problems that I needed to solve (even changing some hardware) so I thought that the upgrade to the Touch Controller would imply a better user experience, but I can see that they have come with the same faulty product

Old 07/12/2017, 06:34 AM   #3
beuchat
Registered Member

Anothe issue araised today: the density measurement is reporting 1.1748 SG!

Incredible as all my tank inhabitans would be dead

You buy a control system in order to add security and redundance to the tanks systems and you get completly the opossite

Federica told me wait for a remote connection at 14:00 (European time). It is 14:30 and no contact with me so far

This is a great customer support also

I am going on vacation and I have to led the tank governed by a faulty controller, sounds relaxing

Great company, great products, great support!

Old 07/13/2017, 09:09 PM   #4
RobbyG
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beuchat View Post
Hi

I have set up my touch controoler to send an alarm in the case that the RO unit does not switch off when replenising evaporated water. I control this event with a level sensor so that when the sensor is high the controller switches of the RO unit power.

OK the problem is that the alarm is not possible to acknowlege. I keep receiving emails and sms without end as lomg as the sensor level is in high possition. I receive two types of messages (and sms): one with alarm (sensor high) and afterwards one with alarm ended (and sms) (sensor OK), wich is not true

And keep receiving sms and emails until I discconnect the sms module or the level sensor returns to the initial position

Any experiences , help, please?

Thanks
Your float sensor is bouncing due to ripples or waves in the water or possibly it's just at the threshold and varying. Anyway when setting up Ro and level sensors it is best to add some extra time to the top off period. There is a setting for hysteresis setting for it. You could also do it from the alarms section, I think it's labeled Time filter which will delay the any action for the amount of seconds or minutes you specify. I suggest doing it from the RO program and just let it add maybe 15 seconds of additional water.

Rob

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2017, 09:15 PM   #5
RobbyG
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beuchat View Post
Anothe issue araised today: the density measurement is reporting 1.1748 SG!

Incredible as all my tank inhabitans would be dead

You buy a control system in order to add security and redundance to the tanks systems and you get completly the opossite

Federica told me wait for a remote connection at 14:00 (European time). It is 14:30 and no contact with me so far

This is a great customer support also

I am going on vacation and I have to led the tank governed by a faulty controller, sounds relaxing

Great company, great products, great support!
If your probe is over 2 years old it might be dying. I think I got about 2+ years out of mine and then it started to give me weird reading. It happens pretty suddenly over a period of a few days. The good thing is the probe is rock solid and really does not need calibration after the first calibration (just periodic cleaning of any gunk build up during its life span.

If the probe is still new then I suggest you remove the module and delete the USB connection then put back on the module and set it back up again. It's possible something happened and corrupted the program.

Rob

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2017, 02:43 AM   #6
Aquatronica srl
Registered Member

Sorry Angel, but you should also write when we support you, not only that we don't. We have been in touch with you trought email and whatsapp trying to help you for many days.
Sometime issues have to be examined before give a reply.
We took good notes of the problems and we are working in order to solve them.

As regards the missed call at 2 pm, you got message from me that we had some delay due to personal problem.
I always reply to you by email or whatsapp

Aquatronica srl is offline   Reply With Quote