Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/20/2021, 04:34 PM   #1
jcmjoe
Registered Member

Niger trigger/ puffer tank mates

So I have a FOWLR tank that has been up and running for about a month, All my parameters look good and I have a reef that I was able to swap some mature matrix from to help even further in the nitrite/nitrate cycle. I have always wanted a Niger trigger, I think they are beautiful, and my Wife wants a porcupine puffer. Are these guys compatable, also how many triggers can you put together in a tank. This is a 75 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. And yes, I know the puffer gets big and if we go that route I will end up with a 125 or larger a couple years down the road! Haha

Thanks for any input!

Current Tank Info: 50 gallon reef, 75 Gallon FOWLR
jcmjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2021, 04:54 PM   #2
MuShu
Registered Member

I have two blue throats in a 180. I got them a few months ago at 4 and 5 inches and they have already grown an inch. I'd wait on the trigger and puffer until you get a bigger tank- they will outgrow a 75 in very short course, even if you get both of them really small.

As for multiple triggers, it's hit or miss. Your best bet is to add all the triggers at the same time (mine were a bonded pair).

MuShu is offline   Reply With Quote