Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/16/2018, 05:57 PM   #26
gary_bergman
Registered Member

I’ve had good luck with diatomaceous earth. Just don’t let it aerosolize around pets, because it can present a dust inhalation hazard. For you too!

Otherwise it is inert, but of course it looks dusty, like flour. Aesthetically it’s not so invisible.

gary_bergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2018, 10:53 PM   #27
WVfishguy
Registered Member

I only worry about roaches. We used to have camel crickets, but our weird cats decided they were good to eat. Roaches can eat holes in plastic bags which have fish food in them. So can large crickets.

I use roach gel under the stands and on the filter motors. Roaches are attracted to electricity, for some reason. If a house spider builds a web in the corner of the ceiling, I leave it alone. They are great at killing mosquitoes, and I've even seen them kill marmorated stink bugs.

Diatom powder has long been used for insect control. Slugs too.

WVfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote