Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/30/2017, 11:35 AM   #26
Demonic
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror Pond View Post
That's what I run in my 24" fixture. Sometimes I'll throw in a purple plus or a KZ new generation for a little change but always end up switching back after few weeks.
I love the combo as it seems to be the perfect color combo, for me that is.
I did however add a reefbrite xho last week and it adds a little more pop. I am thinking of adding one more to the backside of the fixture now.

Unread 03/31/2017, 10:07 AM   #27
hubble
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentz View Post
I'll say I went from 3 H26HD's to a 6 bulb ATI on my 56 Gallon. Didn't see much of a difference, growth and color was just as good with the two!

Why're you thinking of changing? Are you just bored and wanna go T5 or are you unhappy with the H26HD results?
I just like the simplicity of the T5's. I don't know where to set all the colors (chanels) with LED's. There's a good Hydra color setting post on here and I've set my lights to that. I guess I'll wait till black friday sales this year and make my decission then. Don't seem to get much coraline growth with LED's either although I've only had them 3 months. I would love a T5/LED combo light fixture. I guess I could make my own with a sun power and LED's on the sides (front & back). I guess I just need to give these Hydra's a chance.
So you didn't see much difference with the ATI T5's? Thats exactly what I was planning to do. Now not so sure

hubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2017, 12:45 PM   #28
DivingTheWorld
Registered Member

I recently switched from Radions to ATI T5 on my primarily sps tank and I have no regrets. I wish I had switched years ago! My next tank will be set up with T5 from the start.

Unread 03/31/2017, 01:00 PM   #29
McCune
Registered Member

So I picked up the light what a deal for the dimabke sunpower 8 bulbs fixture with 24 bulbs and a brand new reef bright blue led bar from BRS. I have just about every bulb combo I could want to try so I will play around with it to see what I like. The bulbs all have two months or less burn time on then.

McCune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2017, 03:26 PM   #30
Demonic
Premium Member

You won't be disappointed

Unread 03/31/2017, 03:27 PM   #31
NeverlosT
A bit fishy

I have dimmable but don't use the dimming function. It just shortens bulb life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 150g SPS cube
NeverlosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2017, 03:36 PM   #32
McCune
Registered Member

Wasn't really planning one using dimming it was just the fixture I found for sale with all the extras for a very good price.

Unread 04/01/2017, 08:30 AM   #33
hubble
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCune View Post
So I picked up the light what a deal for the dimabke sunpower 8 bulbs fixture with 24 bulbs and a brand new reef bright blue led bar from BRS. I have just about every bulb combo I could want to try so I will play around with it to see what I like. The bulbs all have two months or less burn time on then.
Keep us up to date on the combo you like, and how satisfied you are with the fixture

hubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/01/2017, 11:02 AM   #34
McCune
Registered Member

Working on gathering equipment for my build.iam planning on doing a build thread once I get some more stuff together

Unread 04/01/2017, 11:35 AM   #35
gypsy1203
Registered Member

You won't go wrong with ati. I had a giesemann fixture and went the ati route... couldn't be happier

gypsy1203 is offline   Reply With Quote