Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/23/2017, 06:39 PM   #326
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnseye View Post
Since there hasn't been a response I'm going to assume you were referring to the AC4 which Rob has, although I have an AC2 and there is no main valve with that model.

That is correct. The AC4 has a valve to slow flow thru main pump for circulation. The AC1 and AC2 do not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 04:49 AM   #327
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello.

You are right AC1 and AC2 have no valve because they use smaller pumps which don't have to be slow down. Flow depends mainly from media which is used in reactor and how much chamber is filled by media.
If flow is too low You could take out some of media and check again that You will see bubbles in mixing chamber - then mixing CO2 with water is best and allow to drop ph lower.

Best regards

Pacific Sun service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 07:21 AM   #328
lionfish300
Registered Member

Last night before going to bed I found that my tube in my controller is busted. Water is filled inside the little blue window and dripping out as of Johnseye's did. So be AWARE

lionfish300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 11:39 AM   #329
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionfish300 View Post
Last night before going to bed I found that my tube in my controller is busted. Water is filled inside the little blue window and dripping out as of Johnseye's did. So be AWARE
I joined your club this morning. I went to test the aquarium to find water on the flow.. starting looking at things and sure enough water spraying from the controller. silicone tube has long split in it. I have this mounted right above the ballast for my UV. so this could have been really ugly.

I took the screw off the pump to slide out the silicone tubing to see rust on the back of the bearing... not what I needed to see at all.

anyone know where I can buy silicone tubing for this that will last longer then the OEM tubing?

Can someone for PAC SUN chime in on this?

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 01:02 PM   #330
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

I have also notice I get a mild buzzing sound when I plug this back in. it appears that there maybe water in it but I am afraid to open the unit up and void any warranty. Where is that American customer support number when one needs it. =(.

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 03:04 PM   #331
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishntoboutside View Post
I have also notice I get a mild buzzing sound when I plug this back in. it appears that there maybe water in it but I am afraid to open the unit up and void any warranty. Where is that American customer support number when one needs it. =(.
You guys should call Deepwater. According to Przemek, they now have the distribution. Hopefully they can help.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 04:40 PM   #332
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post
You guys should call Deepwater. According to Przemek, they now have the distribution. Hopefully they can help.

I have ordered several things from deep water aquatics. They are great people. Problem is they don't have a lot of stuff yet (if any) for the Calc feeders. I ordered mine from overseas last month because deep water was still waiting on their order. Anyway here is the number
888-789-5553

It is odd that silicon tubing splits. Either has to be a bad run of tubing or wrong size for pump. Either way...... I think I'll wait a little longer to set my calcfeeder up. Way too much $$$ invested in corals to gamble and my kore 5th is doing just fine for now.

Unread 03/24/2017, 05:09 PM   #333
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtint View Post
I have ordered several things from deep water aquatics. They are great people. Problem is they don't have a lot of stuff yet (if any) for the Calc feeders. I ordered mine from overseas last month because deep water was still waiting on their order.
That makes no sense. they are selling direct while making their distributor wait?

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 05:23 PM   #334
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post
That makes no sense. they are selling direct while making their distributor wait?

Must be...... I have emails back from December talking with deepwater saying they have been waiting for their order...... after 2 months...... I just went direct. I think just because it's a new product
It's been a few weeks now..... maybe they have it all now

Unread 03/24/2017, 07:28 PM   #335
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Since DeepWater have all products on stock all actual sales are made directly by DeepWater(for USA Customers).
Some Customers which couldn't wait were suppliers directly but due overseas transport(and possible damages) we not prefer that kind of support/sales.

About tubings - it's not typical situation that it's happened twice for the same Customer. This tubing is Pharmed BPT(not silicon) so it's should stay for a long time - we diagnose a possible reason of that together witch manufacturer of tubings/pumps(bath production batch of tubing etc).
We not use silicon tubings in any pumps which come with CalcFeeders.
We are in contact with our pump supplier, all Customers which noticed any troubles with tubing please contact with our service directly.
We have reports from three Customers about tubings problem - we will try to sort it out asap.

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 09:45 PM   #336
lionfish300
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
About tubings - it's not typical situation that it's happened twice for the same Customer. This tubing is Pharmed BPT(not silicon) so it's should stay for a long time - we diagnose a possible reason of that together witch manufacturer of tubings/pumps(bath production batch of tubing etc).
We are in contact with our pump supplier, all Customers which noticed any troubles with tubing please contact with our service directly.
We have reports from three Customers about tubings problem - we will try to sort it out asap.
Is the replacement tubes are made of different material? If not- how do we know it not going to break again in 2-3 months down the road

Unread 03/24/2017, 09:54 PM   #337
lionfish300
Registered Member

Quote:
It is odd that silicon tubing splits. Either has to be a bad run of tubing or wrong size for pump. Either way...... I think I'll wait a little longer to set my calcfeeder up. Way too much $$$ invested in corals to gamble and my kore 5th is doing just fine for now.

I know what you mean. That is why I running it but not hooking up to my tank and still running my doser

Unread 03/24/2017, 11:51 PM   #338
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post

Can you send replacement tubing if there was a bad batch? I'd hate for something so simple to destroy the pump.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 11:46 AM   #339
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
Hello.

You are right AC1 and AC2 have no valve because they use smaller pumps which don't have to be slow down. Flow depends mainly from media which is used in reactor and how much chamber is filled by media.
If flow is too low You could take out some of media and check again that You will see bubbles in mixing chamber - then mixing CO2 with water is best and allow to drop ph lower.

Best regards

Pacific Sun service.

Some helpful information for anyone with an AC2, although this could apply to the other models as well. I have been in communication with PacSun and provided a video of what I was experiencing. Even after removing more than 50% of my media flow still appeared low. After viewing my video Prezmek pointed out a few things.

First, my diffusion plate (that's what I'm calling it for lack of a better term) wasn't below the water output or reflow tube. The reason is that there is nothing to keep it in place and the bio balls which tend to float, would push it up. My solution was to use a zip tie to keep in place. So far it's holding.

Second, because the diffusion plate was above the output tube, literally 2 pieces of media had fallen into the co2 chamber. One of those pieces made its way to the opening of the Aquabee pump and this significantly reduced the flow. I thought the flow was low and so removed over 50% of my media to see if it increased. When it didn't I knew something was wrong. The pump also started making a clicking noise for a couple hours which was in my video. With Prezmek's advice I had to empty the chambers of water and disconnect the Aquabee pump. Worth noting, when you are removing the Aquabee from the base you will need to unscrew the union connector from the pump itself, not just unscrew the union. The reason for this is that the side mounting of the pump onto the mount will catch at the pump's cover. There are no instructions on how to do this, so once they are made this would be helpful to include. When I opened the pump I found that one piece of media stuck in the inlet to the pump.

After removing that media, and the other piece from the gas chamber, and removing 5 bio balls so I could zip tie the diffusion plate to the center tube inside the gas chamber, and adding back the ARM media I removed a couple days ago, I was back in business. The flow is much, much faster and is hitting the diffusion plate creating a good amount of bubbles.

There is only one diffusion plate in the AC2 and that's used at the top. If that plate is moved and allows media into the gas chamber and down to the pump you could experience the trouble I had. Clear instructions need to be made for this line of reactors as well as something provided to hold the diffusion plate in place. I'll now find out how much of an impact this has had on the element output of my reactor. I've been battling a slow PH increase combined with Alk decrease for months. With this issue out of the way I can now better determine if there is an air leak, which is the line of troubleshooting I had been following with the controller tube issue.

Quote:
I have ordered several things from deep water aquatics. They are great people. Problem is they don't have a lot of stuff yet (if any) for the Calc feeders. I ordered mine from overseas last month because deep water was still waiting on their order. Anyway here is the number
888-789-5553

At this point I think the tubing is the wrong size or there's an issue with the rollers. What looks to be happening is the rollers are wearing away at the tubing. The new tubing I recently swapped out showed signs of wearing away in the same place within about a week. It doesn't appear to be worn all the way through to allow air to enter, but it's hard to tell and it's close. No water had leaked out so that tells me it probably didn't wear all the way through yet.

I greased up the second newly provided tube and put that in line. I don't know if the grease has any impact, perhaps causing the tube to slide around on the rollers and rub the wrong way. My controller is also sitting on its back as opposed to being attached to a backboard. This could cause the tube to slide toward one side if it's not properly sized. If in fact this controller must be mounted to a wall in order to avoid this issue, it's something that needs to be communicated. I'm not sure if the others experiencing this issue have their controller mounted or sitting on its back but would appreciate the feedback.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 03:01 PM   #340
lionfish300
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnseye View Post
I think the tubing is the wrong size or there's an issue with the rollers. What looks to be happening is the rollers are wearing away at the tubing. The new tubing I recently swapped out showed signs of wearing away in the same place within about a week. It doesn't ppear to be worn all the way through to allow air to enter, but it's hard to tell and it's close. No water had leaked out so that tells me it probably didn't wear all the way through yet.

I greased up the second newly provided tube and put that in line. I don't know if the grease has any impact, perhaps causing the tube to slide around on the rollers and rub the wrong way. My controller is also sitting on its back as opposed to being attached to a backboard. This could cause the tube to slide toward one side if it's not properly sized. If in fact this controller must be mounted to a wall in order to avoid this issue, it's something that needs to be communicated. I'm not sure if the others experiencing this issue have their controller mounted or sitting on its back but would appreciate the feedback.
Hey John my controller is mount on a board like its suppose to and my tube broke. Like you said I believe either the tube is wrong size or something is wrong with the rollers to make it wear out the tube this quick

Unread 03/26/2017, 04:44 AM   #341
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey John my controller is mount on a board like its suppose to and my tube broke. Like you said I believe either the tube is wrong size or something is wrong with the rollers to make it wear out the tube this quick
i am still waiting to receive my replacement controller tubes via fed ex to replace my spilt one. my controller is mounted on a wall not laying flat. i will add the grease to the tubbing once i receive the replacement,hopefully it dose not happen again especially if it happens when i am not home.thank god i still have my 5th kore doser still up and running while the calc feeder is out of commission

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2017, 10:48 AM   #342
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi Rob,
It looks like parcel is on the way to you and will be delivered tomorrow.

Regarding issue source - we are working on that now, its actually affected less than 2% of all pumps sold within last 6 months to Customers. It can be rollers or bad production bath from Pharmed tubings. In case when we will be 100% sure - they will be replaced by us asap
Thank you for understanding and we are sorry for that not expected troubles.

Regards

Przemek

Unread 03/26/2017, 06:44 PM   #343
lionfish300
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbous View Post
i am still waiting to receive my replacement controller tubes via fed ex to replace my spilt one. my controller is mounted on a wall not laying flat. i will add the grease to the tubbing once i receive the replacement,hopefully it dose not happen again especially if it happens when i am not home.thank god i still have my 5th kore doser still up and running while the calc feeder is out of commission
Hey Rob I didn't know that your tube broken too. That made four of us on RC that I know of. What was the problem with your controller the first time? I am glad that I am still running my doser

Unread 03/26/2017, 08:06 PM   #344
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Rob I didn't know that your tube broken too. That made four of us on RC that I know of. What was the problem with your controller the first time? I am glad that I am still running my doser

Did you guys all take delivery around the same time? What month did you get yours? I'm waiting to start mine up until we hear more on the tubing or controller

Unread 03/26/2017, 08:21 PM   #345
lionfish300
Registered Member

Quote:
Did you guys all take delivery around the same time? What month did you get yours? I'm waiting to start mine up until we hear more on the tubing or controller

I started my about 3 months ago

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:45 PM   #346
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
It wasn't any hardware error - simply we forget to inform on manual that any plugs (solenoid/optical sensor) shouldn't be switched off from the controller during his work(because it make screen white).
Rob wasn't sure that his controller is ok, our service not asked him for more detailed informations before sending it back to us..

Regards

Przemek

Unread 03/28/2017, 12:46 AM   #347
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
There really was not a issue the first time it was my fault the issue I had not the controller, przemek mentions above what my issue was.I Love this reactor and know that once it's running correctly it'll be a very quality product I am sure, being the first to receive this New to the market product I'm sure we will all have issues with them but I am more than hopeful that the issues will be resolved and in the end I'll be happy with what I have, i'll admit I have been frustrated but again in the end I think I will have a quality product

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2017, 07:55 AM   #348
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbous View Post
There really was not a issue the first time it was my fault the issue I had not the controller, przemek mentions above what my issue was.I Love this reactor and know that once it's running correctly it'll be a very quality product I am sure, being the first to receive this New to the market product I'm sure we will all have issues with them but I am more than hopeful that the issues will be resolved and in the end I'll be happy with what I have, i'll admit I have been frustrated but again in the end I think I will have a quality product
Agreed. I have the flow issue corrected, with the piece of media removed from the pump, and the diffusion plate is working as designed, which really were my fault as I should have recognized these earlier. Now I've had very steady readings for the past 3 days which is encouraging. Once the reactor becomes, and remains, constant and stable it will be great. We just happened to be the first owners so get to sort out any issues.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2017, 03:36 PM   #349
mrtint
Registered Member

CalcFeeder Basic/Pro - latest generation calcium reactor

Question on filling AC-1 chamber and degassing chamber

So the bioball chamber has a black perforated plate that sits on top of bioballs
The AC-1 and degassing chamber have the spacer plate...... then black perforated plate and sponge.
My question. Do you just put medias on top of all this or does the perforated plate or sponge go on top of media?
Also how high do I fill chamber?
Last....I'm using remag and reborn media. Do I put the remag in degassing chamber also?

Unread 03/30/2017, 05:09 PM   #350
mrtint
Registered Member

One more thing. This piece was in degassing chamber box but doesn't really fit inside cylinder IMG_2171.JPG