Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/12/2007, 09:21 AM   #26
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin TX 78753

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2007, 03:59 AM   #27
chefrt
Registered Member

For the last 21/2 month my TurbelleĀ® stream Kit TS24 work very well, then suddenly 1 pump stop. I do the cleaning with soaking in vinegar but still not working, when I try to turn the propeller it very tight, not the other pump it very loose. Then I try to change the propeller, it the same very tight. Something wrong with the pump or the pump burnout?

Current Tank Info: 72" X 36" X 24" 270G
chefrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2007, 09:31 AM   #28
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I think you have a pump with a defect. I see you are in Brunei, where did you order from? You probably need a new motor 6100.015.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 07/24/2007, 05:03 AM   #29
chefrt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rvitko
I think you have a pump with a defect. I see you are in Brunei, where did you order from? You probably need a new motor 6100.015.
Yes you are right, the motor was totally out, and this I found out after I try with the other transformer the pump still not working. And other bad think, the transformer bottom part look like overheating it crumple.

For your info I buy in Singapore, I have to call to Singapore to check on how to go about it. Do I need to send the whole set pump and sensor or just sent the pump?

chefrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2007, 09:15 AM   #30
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Every dealer is different in this regard, Tunze usually just changes the motor but the dealer will need to call Tunze and check what they want him to do.

Unread 07/25/2007, 07:44 AM   #31
KenStanley
Premium Member

Hi Roger,

We spoke on the phone a couple of weeks ago about my TZTS24 system which I received the on 6/4/2007. If you will recall one of the 6100 pumps (the one on the left side of my tank) keeps setting the alarm and I have now taken the pump apart 3 times since you and I spoke. There is just no build up that I can see that is causing this problem and if it were a build up issue I just don't understand why one pump would have it, to the point it shuts down and the other is fine. The one that is not setting the alarm has not been cleaned at all, which after less than 2 months of operation I wouldn't expect it to need cleaning any how. As you advised I've followed the above cleaning procedure to the letter but that is not satisfactorily solving my problem. I have the system set up so that it replicates tidal flow. The left pump (the one with the problem) works fine, the controller shuts it down and the right pump comes on. Approximately 6 hours later when the left pump is energized the alarm sounds and the pump will not operate. I take it apart wipe down, put it back together and a few days later it happens all over again and the interval seems to be getting shorter. Please advise me how I should proceed.

Thanks.
Ken

Current Tank Info: 110G, 15g refugium, uv, H&S skimmer, calcium reactor, 2- 250W/10K MH, 2- 96W Actinic, moon lights, Chiller, Tunze Wave Box, Tunze Stream Kit 2x 6100 TS24, Red Sea AquaZone + Ozonizer
KenStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2007, 09:07 AM   #32
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Send me the pump and we will get it taken care of. Usual turnaround is 48hrs.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Unread 08/12/2007, 04:12 PM   #33
KenStanley
Premium Member

Recieved 6100 back

Hi Roger,

I returned from about ten days vacation on yesterday and when I came home my 6100 I had sent to you before leaving was here waiting for me as promised. With high hopes I immediately installed it. It came on perfectly. Six hours later, as programed it shut off. Six hours after that when it was programmed to come back on, it set the alarm. Exactly as it did before sending it in. I am now going to try switching the outputs of the controller to see if the problem remains with the same pump or if it changes. If it continues to be the same pump then I think we have a problem because whatever you did, it didn't correct the issue. As I told you previously the pumps are set up so as to dublicate tidal flow. One pump on for 6 hours and off for 6 hours. The second pump is off one the first pump is on and on when the first pump is off. For the first test after making the switch I'm going to shorten the on off cycle in the hopes of saving time in the diagnosis, realizing of course that if it does not fail I may have to carry the test out to the full 6 hour on/off cycle to know for sure.

I know intermitent problems can be next to impossible to diagnos in that if it does not fail you can not fix what is not broken. I'll let you know how the experiment comes out. Mean while if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Ken Stanley

Current Tank Info: 110G, 15g refugium, uv, H&S skimmer, calcium reactor, 2- 250W/10K MH, 2- 96W Actinic, moon lights, Chiller, Tunze Wave Box, Tunze Stream Kit 2x 6100 TS24, Red Sea AquaZone + Ozonizer
Unread 08/13/2007, 06:38 AM   #34
KenStanley
Premium Member

Update. I've taken the pump apart, there is nothing blocking or hampering operation that I can find. I've switched the pumps inputs on the controller. The pump does not come on at all now, while the other pump functions properly on any of the controllers outputs. Perhaps now it can be repaired since it doesn't work at all. What is odd is that the alarm is not going off at all now.

Unread 08/13/2007, 09:15 AM   #35
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Please send it ASAP, I have to have it by Friday to repair it before I leave for a two week vacation. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will get it repaired this time.

Unread 08/13/2007, 03:08 PM   #36
KenStanley
Premium Member

Okay Roger, I have sent the pump in again. I hope you are able to get it taken care of. It is very frustrating to me and you too I'm sure.

Ken

Unread 09/02/2007, 03:37 PM   #37
bogg
Registered Member

Hey guys stupid ?. I have a 6080, the impeller keeps coming out of the motor and the whole assemby falls apart. Whats the deal does the impellar not lock into the motor. It doesnt seem to be missing any parts, that I know of. tia

Current Tank Info: Elos 120xl, 2 planet 2's, KZs, wavy sea/Tunze
bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2007, 05:01 PM   #38
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It shouldn't fall apart but it doesn't lock in, it is held in by the magnetic field. Do you have a photo?

Unread 09/08/2007, 06:48 AM   #39
KenStanley
Premium Member

Hey again Roger. Just wanted to let you know the replacement pump came in and everything is working as it should. Thank you very much for the quick turn around. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.
Ken

Unread 09/21/2007, 06:35 PM   #40
soondubu
Premium Member

is there a warranty for tunzes?

mine failed last month

Current Tank Info: 60g fish and corals. 250W 10K x2, and T5 actinics 54w x 4. aqua c pro with mag 3. pci 1/4 chiller with mag 7 return. korallin 1502. red sea ozonizer
soondubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2007, 07:26 PM   #41
rvitko
RC Sponsor

2 years

Unread 09/24/2007, 04:37 PM   #42
joefitz
Premium Member

Roger, my tunze 6100 started beeping the other day so I turned it off until I had time to try to clean it. I can't seem to get the drive unit/impeller out of the main housing in my 6100 -- it is stuck. I tried soaking it in vinegar, at first overnight then when that didn't do anything, several days and still no change.

I can pull it out a little bit...somewhere between an eight and a quarter of an inch but even that requires more force than it should.

Is there any way to go about repairing this unit? What else could I try to get the drive unit out?

joefitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2007, 05:14 PM   #43
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It has to be pulled out, likely if it is very stuck the drive unit will break but it is worth trying to just pull on it hard.

Unread 09/24/2007, 08:39 PM   #44
joefitz
Premium Member

Well, I didn't wait for your response because I read enough of your other responses to realize you were probably going to say just that... Fortunately for me, it came out with brute force effort and, after one serious cleaning, it is working like a champ again!

In case it proves helpful to anyone as stupid as I was (not cleaning it regularly), I was able to use a very slight circular motion with constant, strong force to work the unit out. There was pretty substantial calcium buildup coating pretty much everything.

Thank goodness for Tunze's built-in protection when the pump can't perform properly...and for this resource on RC -- in particular Roger and all the content and ongoing support you provide to the community!

Unread 09/25/2007, 09:44 AM   #45
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Thanks! I am glad you got it cleaned up. Just be sure that the hole in the center of the magnet and the upper bearing are clean. If these are fouled it can lock up again in just a month or two. These are critical to keeping the motor cool and clean since this is where the water flows into the rotor and bearings.

Unread 09/25/2007, 09:59 AM   #46
joefitz
Premium Member

Yes, I had to use a drill to get that stuff out but I was very careful and it wasn't a problem at all. Everything seems to be working well now. Now that my tank is all back up in the new house I can get my act together and put this type of maintenance back in my calendar so I won't let it go too long again. I'll keep my eyes on the pump too just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks again Roger, you are the best!

Unread 10/23/2007, 02:41 PM   #47
RedEyeReef
Registered Member

Hi Roger,

What is my next option if I have cleaned the entire inside of the pump and the alarm still goes off? It is a 6200 with the updated propellers you sent me awhile back. There is no calcium anywhere and it still beaps. Can it be something in the electronics?

P.S. love your service and your product.

Current Tank Info: 150 Reef, SPS, LPS, Clams, 8-T5's, Tunze 7095 & 6200 Streams, ATI bubble 250
RedEyeReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/23/2007, 04:53 PM   #48
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I would send it in to me for service.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin TX 78753

Just include a note with your contact and return info.

Unread 10/28/2007, 06:01 PM   #49
soondubu
Premium Member

should i soak the whole pump in vinegar so something every few months?

Current Tank Info: 60g fish and corals. 250W 10K x2, and T5 actinics 54w x 4. aqua c pro with mag 3. pci 1/4 chiller with mag 7 return. korallin 1502. red sea ozonizer
soondubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2007, 09:38 AM   #50
rvitko
RC Sponsor

You want to remove the drive unit and clean it as shown in the manual. Soaking alone without removing the drive unit does very little good. Not enough of the vinegar solution gets into the drive unit this way.