Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/24/2017, 06:04 PM   #951
rees2301
Registered Member

Par scenarios

I've been searching to try and find the variances color wise and the benefits/downsides of the Bali, Fiji & Hawaiin par scenarios. I found an original post stating that Hawaii gave a brighter blue for good color rendition but slower growth. Be interested to know similar on the other two.

rees2301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 07:35 PM   #952
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Bali PAR program was written using data collected at 1.8m depth on reef on south of Bali.
It's working very good with mixed reef tanks - also with SPS corals but we suggest decreasing red and orange in colour studio to 30-50%.
Fiji and Hawaii are also natural programs - Hawaii is for example more purple/blue on the end of day and have little different looking clouds after noon.
It's depend from you which kind of program you will use - most important is not changing so many things in the same time(like turning on BALI PAR program, in the same time Acclimatisation program, Season Simulation- and finally all sliders in Colour studios set completely different than they should be(on 100%) ;-)
Sometimes less is better than more ;-)

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 02:38 AM   #953
rees2301
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Bali PAR program was written using data collected at 1.8m depth on reef on south of Bali.
It's working very good with mixed reef tanks - also with SPS corals but we suggest decreasing red and orange in colour studio to 30-50%.
Fiji and Hawaii are also natural programs - Hawaii is for example more purple/blue on the end of day and have little different looking clouds after noon.
It's depend from you which kind of program you will use - most important is not changing so many things in the same time(like turning on BALI PAR program, in the same time Acclimatisation program, Season Simulation- and finally all sliders in Colour studios set completely different than they should be(on 100%) ;-)
Sometimes less is better than more ;-)

Regards

Przemek
Thanks Przemek, I wasn't planning on wholesale changes to the par tables. I will just be extending the start and end times to suit my feeding times. It was more around what the visual colour differences were of the 3 scenarios that I was looking for. To help me choose. I may have to try all 3. I know these programmes have been created with the health of the corals in mind so wouldn't want to upset that balance.

rees2301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2017, 12:48 PM   #954
nvladik
Registered Member

I have a 4-bulb Pandora Hyperion S 3x75W + 4x54W T5, could someone tell me if it's possible to control the 2 sets of T5s individually? For now both of them seem to turn on/off under T5 #1 setting only, #2-#4 do nothing.

Any help is much appreciated.

nvladik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2017, 02:01 PM   #955
NDJ
Registered Member

T5 Tube Mix

Any recommendations on T5 tube mix for Pandora Hyperion S2 2x75W + 4x39W T5 for an LPS dominated reef tank?

NDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2017, 05:20 AM   #956
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJ View Post
Any recommendations on T5 tube mix for Pandora Hyperion S2 2x75W + 4x39W T5 for an LPS dominated reef tank?
I would put at least one KZ New Gen II in the 4 bulb combo. Prezmek will know best but i would say. ATI Blue Plus 2x, Pink, KZ New Gen II

Current Tank Info: 770 Display 205l Sump, 100l Nano
Rudimenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2017, 05:23 AM   #957
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Thought i do an update:

Getting close to a very stable tank, its been running for 3/4 of a year now, so little behind schedule. LPS growth has been very good and SPS is colouring up nicely. Some small issues with red slime and algae but its under control and i see i need to do some glass cleaning

Unread 03/27/2017, 06:03 AM   #958
Syntax1325
Acro Addict

I find myself wanting to sell my fixture and purchase new lights.... let me explain. I currently use a 48" pandora Hyperion on a 6 foot 125 gallon standard braced tank. This fixture was recommended by Przemek and Yorgos at Love The Reef. I purchased it and have been pleased with how it has worked for the past 2.5 years. However, two things have bugged me about the fixture.... one of the pucks on each end lines up with a brace and seems to block most of the light. I have my fixture raised 12 inches above the top brace. The spread isn't that bad but there is also a noticeable decline in light intensity on the last foot on each side.

I'm in the process of upgrading to a standard 180 that also has braces. It seems that I'm wasting money by having lights shining directly on the braces and I'm not getting solid coverage for the entire length of the tank

Why shouldn't I sell the light and purchase three stand alone units that will fit between the braces?

I'm looking for advice and thoughts. What would you do and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 180g sps dom, 40b sump, Reeflo Dart, Apex, Aquamaxx co2, Reefbrite mh/led pendants w/14k twinarcs, Kore 5th doser, Tunze ATO, Ranco controlling 800 watt Finnex tube, 2 Maxpect Gyre 150XF with Ice Cap Controllers and battery backup, Bean Animal drain
Syntax1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2017, 12:33 PM   #959
TX_Punisher
Registered Member

I just found this thread. I like the hybrid config. Just doing some research here. What are the options for a 60" tank?

TX_Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2017, 03:21 PM   #960
NDJ
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudimenta View Post
I would put at least one KZ New Gen II in the 4 bulb combo. Prezmek will know best but i would say. ATI Blue Plus 2x, Pink, KZ New Gen II
Thank you much appreciated. Is there a guide for the installation of the hanging kit?

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:27 PM   #961
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you much appreciated. Is there a guide for the installation of the hanging kit?
Thought there was a small paper in the bag, but its been a while. However its very straight forward i remember, measure & drill the holes in the ceiling. Take time for the measurement, my holes are 1" or so too much to the back meaning i have to keep my tank at 2" from the wall which in hindsight is not enough space to work at the back side of my tank, but depends on your overflow setup (in or outside) and how many cables and other stuff you are running there.

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:30 PM   #962
NDJ
Registered Member

Quote:
Thought there was a small paper in the bag, but its been a while. However its very straight forward i remember, measure & drill the holes in the ceiling. Take time for the measurement, my holes are 1" or so too much to the back meaning i have to keep my tank at 2" from the wall which in hindsight is not enough space to work at the back side of my tank, but depends on your overflow setup (in or outside) and how many cables and other stuff you are running there.
Apologies it is going to hang from Oceanlife tank arms; it was more the connection to the light unit?

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:33 PM   #963
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Apologies it is going to hang from Oceanlife tank arms; it was more the connection to the light unit?
Than i have no clue not even sure its possible with an arm from another manufacture.

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:34 PM   #964
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Thought i do an update:

Getting close to a very stable tank, its been running for 3/4 of a year now, so little behind schedule. LPS growth has been very good and SPS is colouring up nicely. Some small issues with red slime and algae but its under control and i see i need to do some glass cleaning
Ruudi....
How long you are using our lamp? Can you tell us your settings ? We will repost them on our FB profile! ;-)

Regards

Przemek

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:35 PM   #965
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Punisher View Post
I just found this thread. I like the hybrid config. Just doing some research here. What are the options for a 60" tank?
Depending from your tank - Pandora Hyperion S 3x75W + 4x54W T5 or with 8x54W T5 bulbs.
You can't go wrong with that lighting. Actually I'm sure that hybrid are best lighting source for high demanding hard corals..

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:37 PM   #966
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvladik View Post
I have a 4-bulb Pandora Hyperion S 3x75W + 4x54W T5, could someone tell me if it's possible to control the 2 sets of T5s individually? For now both of them seem to turn on/off under T5 #1 setting only, #2-#4 do nothing.

Any help is much appreciated.
Depending when you bought your lamp. First generation hybrid lams have only one channel of control(please contact with our service@pacific-sun.eu for more detailed informations, maybe they will be able to tell you how to connect it for getting two channels)

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:39 PM   #967
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax1325 View Post
I find myself wanting to sell my fixture and purchase new lights.... let me explain. I currently use a 48" pandora Hyperion on a 6 foot 125 gallon standard braced tank. This fixture was recommended by Przemek and Yorgos at Love The Reef. I purchased it and have been pleased with how it has worked for the past 2.5 years. However, two things have bugged me about the fixture.... one of the pucks on each end lines up with a brace and seems to block most of the light. I have my fixture raised 12 inches above the top brace. The spread isn't that bad but there is also a noticeable decline in light intensity on the last foot on each side.

I'm in the process of upgrading to a standard 180 that also has braces. It seems that I'm wasting money by having lights shining directly on the braces and I'm not getting solid coverage for the entire length of the tank

Why shouldn't I sell the light and purchase three stand alone units that will fit between the braces?

I'm looking for advice and thoughts. What would you do and why?

DO you have any dimension of your new tank and spaces between braces?

Unread 03/27/2017, 03:59 PM   #968
NDJ
Registered Member

Quote:
Than i have no clue not even sure its possible with an arm from another manufacture.
Sorry again that wasn't very clear. It was the attachment of the hanging kit to the light unit, images below.

Unread 03/27/2017, 04:07 PM   #969
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Ruudi....
How long you are using our lamp? Can you tell us your settings ? We will repost them on our FB profile! ;-)

Regards

Przemek
Hi Przemek,

Should write you an email soon and i did not even know you had a facebook page, we should be friends by now, ha ha...

Setup the tank in Jan 2014, had a crash in April of 2016 restarted the tank and did the fixture upgrade to 8bulbs end of May 2016, than did the "cycle" until Aug (but it had some surviving corals inside). In sept i started stocking the tank more. I would say its been getting stable since Dec. (pics are on my blog http://rudimenta.com/wordpress/ )

Current settings, sorry cant take screenshots because i am using an old laptop to control it, mac never worked for me, hopping android will be better so i can get a cheap tablet.

Current setup (totally different than before the crash)

T5 6 hours per day some start a bit earlier some a bit later
ATI Blue Plus 3x
KZ New Gen II 2x
ATI Pink Plus
ATI Coral Plus
ATI True Actinic

Led:
Power 70%
All colour 100%, Except red 55%, Green 80%, Amber 75%
Bali mode
Moderate cloud intensity, 30% probability

The picture was taken with an iPhone quickly during the day

Unread 03/27/2017, 05:18 PM   #970
TX_Punisher
Registered Member

Quote:
Depending from your tank - Pandora Hyperion S 3x75W + 4x54W T5 or with 8x54W T5 bulbs.
You can't go wrong with that lighting. Actually I'm sure that hybrid are best lighting source for high demanding hard corals..
So the 3x75w are the led arrays? I'll have a mixed reef more geared towards SPS. What's the next step up on the leds?

Thanks,

P.S. I'm in Texas, what are my ordering options from retailers?

TX_Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2017, 05:56 PM   #971
Syntax1325
Acro Addict

Quote:
DO you have any dimension of your new tank and spaces between braces?

It's a standard 180... there's 21.5 inches between each of the three braces and the braces are 2.75 inches wide.

Current Tank Info: 180g sps dom, 40b sump, Reeflo Dart, Apex, Aquamaxx co2, Reefbrite mh/led pendants w/14k twinarcs, Kore 5th doser, Tunze ATO, Ranco controlling 800 watt Finnex tube, 2 Maxpect Gyre 150XF with Ice Cap Controllers and battery backup, Bean Animal drain
Syntax1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2017, 08:33 PM   #972
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Punisher View Post
So the 3x75w are the led arrays? I'll have a mixed reef more geared towards SPS. What's the next step up on the leds?

Thanks,

P.S. I'm in Texas, what are my ordering options from retailers?
Depends on the depth of your tank from my point of view. If you have anything more than 24" i would go with the 150w.

Unread 03/30/2017, 05:54 AM   #973
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Android application for all SMR lamps(Pandora Hyperion S/Metis Hyperion S/Triton S) is ready for download :
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download-m...ion-s-triton-s
Application require firmware update to latest: SMR_v1.7android.bin available on the same page.

Unread 03/30/2017, 10:07 AM   #974
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Android application for all SMR lamps(Pandora Hyperion S/Metis Hyperion S/Triton S) is ready for download :
Time to buy a cheap tablet!

Unread 03/30/2017, 11:50 AM   #975
africangrey
Registered Member

can this be downloaded from android phone via google store.

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote