Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2017, 09:07 AM   #1
tannerc407
Registered Member

free fish

in case you dont know most county animal services, especially around big cities, will allow people to bring in fish both salt and fresh that either they can not keep or have outgrown their tank, this is in order to prevent the owners from releasing them into the wild. so in the case of saltwater fish and you are near the coast you can call into your local animal services and see if they have any fish you would like and they are always cheap if not free.

tannerc407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2017, 11:03 AM   #2
midnightmadman
Registered Member

So we don't have the same problem as Lionfish in the Atlantic!

midnightmadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2017, 02:57 PM   #3
JamesHolt
Registered Member

Hmmm,,,, may have to make some calls...

Current Tank Info: 29g with 2 Engineer gobies
JamesHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2017, 10:31 PM   #4
kegogut
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc407 View Post
in case you dont know most county animal services, especially around big cities, will allow people to bring in fish both salt and fresh that either they can not keep or have outgrown their tank, this is in order to prevent the owners from releasing them into the wild. so in the case of saltwater fish and you are near the coast you can call into your local animal services and see if they have any fish you would like and they are always cheap if not free.

This seems like a coastal thing. I dont think we have anything like this in St. Louis,Mo. Sure wish we could gt rid of the asian carp problem here though. Our conservation dpt. has offered 1 million dollars to the person that can come up with a solution to the problem.

"I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them." --Nicomo Cosca.

Current Tank Info: 225 mixed w/ 225 sump 550 lbs live rock,3x MarinePure ceramic blocks,Skimz SM201,Geo 618 CR,Vectra L1,DOS automatic water changes,3x 250w MH w/ 4x actinic T5,All ran by Apex thru Fusion.--57 community tank w/ OR T-247,120 nem tank.
kegogut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2017, 01:32 PM   #5
Joe0813
Registered Member

definitely nothing like that around Mass

Current Tank Info: 180 reef
Joe0813 is offline   Reply With Quote