Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/22/2014, 04:25 PM   #1
Kengar
Registered Member

Radions After Power Outage?

What happens to the programming when power goes off for more than a second or two? What about it's "knowledge" of what time it is?

Thanks.

Unread 04/23/2014, 02:44 AM   #2
erndog1001
Registered Member

I've had mine disconnected from power a few times for like 5-10 min. They go right back to whatever program I had set up.

Unread 04/23/2014, 06:19 AM   #3
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member

The radion itself will keep track of time so when the power goes on the radion will continue on the timeline and still be sync'd with the current time.

Unread 04/23/2014, 06:42 AM   #4
Mark426
Registered Member

Sorta a hijack....but...
I have my Radion plugged into my Neptune EB8 and run thru a WMX module. I dim it down to zero at night and then have the EB8 shut it down a little later. Problem is...when the EB8 applies power to the Radion in the morning to begin the slow ramp up, it comes on full bright for a few seconds then resumes the program. Any way to have it power on in a dimmed state?

Hijack over...I apologize.

Last edited by Mark426; 04/23/2014 at 07:32 AM.
Mark426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2014, 08:20 AM   #5
Kengar
Registered Member

Thanks for the info!

Ken

Unread 04/23/2014, 05:22 PM   #6
nly04
Registered Member

I dont know why people plug their Radion to Apex, I dont use Apex to control my Radion since Radion itself has capable to dim, change color and alot of other nice feature build in, you just need to program it and program it more simple than Apex. just my 2cent.

nly04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2014, 05:55 PM   #7
aleithol
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nly04 View Post
I dont know why people plug their Radion to Apex, I dont use Apex to control my Radion since Radion itself has capable to dim, change color and alot of other nice feature build in, you just need to program it and program it more simple than Apex. just my 2cent.
It's great we have so many choices how to control our tanks, and we can each make the choices that best suit our own personal needs.

For me, as I know it is for probably 10's of thousands of others, it's important to have a single programming interface that is capable of not only controlling my lights (Radion Pro G3), but my powerheads, return, skimmer, skimmer cleaner, reactors, doser, work lights, physical feed buttons I built into the side of my cabinet, leak detection monitors, and auto top offs, while providing a secondary system to continually monitor my temperature, salinity, pH and ORP, then be able to immediately take action to turn on/off or change the state of most any device in my setup, as well as notify me via email/txt so I can remotely login and see what exception has occurred, then manually intervene as needed even when I'm not at home. With my small UPS, my Apex also handles notifying me of power outages, shutting down the least critical components to save power if say only 1 of my 2 circuits is down, and making the best of a bad situation in my absence. Only an Apex provides that broad level of functionality for those of us that desire putting all the pieces together, across many different manufacturers beyond just primary lighting and internal powerhead support that others provide.

I would not have recently purchased my Radions or MP40Ws if they had not been "Apex Ready" -- announced and certified as such by both EcoTech Marine and Neptune.

Last edited by aleithol; 04/23/2014 at 06:02 PM.
aleithol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2014, 06:23 PM   #8
alainb600
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark426 View Post
Sorta a hijack....but...
I have my Radion plugged into my Neptune EB8 and run thru a WMX module. I dim it down to zero at night and then have the EB8 shut it down a little later. Problem is...when the EB8 applies power to the Radion in the morning to begin the slow ramp up, it comes on full bright for a few seconds then resumes the program. Any way to have it power on in a dimmed state?

Hijack over...I apologize.
WXM will loose connection to radion when those are powered down , it is normal for them to resume at full blast before they reconnect to WXM so the WXM can tell them what to do > Just check on your apex module page and you will see them as disconnected when they are powered down . Just keep them powered up ! And use the EB8 outlet for something else .

Alain

alainb600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2014, 06:31 PM   #9
alainb600
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nly04 View Post

Reef link is only good to program light in way that ecotech had decided for you . It cannot interact with any other things like the season table , excessive tank temperature and many other things they need to interact with . Also if you ever have a problem with internet , you are stuck with whatever programming you have set them unless you resume to the old ecotech way with your pc and a wire connection . With Apex internet or not i can program them immediatly and i dont have to rely on an outside and unreliable server .

Alain

Unread 04/23/2014, 06:33 PM   #10
alainb600
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleithol View Post
it's great we have so many choices how to control our tanks, and we can each make the choices that best suit our own personal needs.

For me, as i know it is for probably 10's of thousands of others, it's important to have a single programming interface that is capable of not only controlling my lights (radion pro g3), but my powerheads, return, skimmer, skimmer cleaner, reactors, doser, work lights, physical feed buttons i built into the side of my cabinet, leak detection monitors, and auto top offs, while providing a secondary system to continually monitor my temperature, salinity, ph and orp, then be able to immediately take action to turn on/off or change the state of most any device in my setup, as well as notify me via email/txt so i can remotely login and see what exception has occurred, then manually intervene as needed even when i'm not at home. With my small ups, my apex also handles notifying me of power outages, shutting down the least critical components to save power if say only 1 of my 2 circuits is down, and making the best of a bad situation in my absence. Only an apex provides that broad level of functionality for those of us that desire putting all the pieces together, across many different manufacturers beyond just primary lighting and internal powerhead support that others provide.

I would not have recently purchased my radions or mp40ws if they had not been "apex ready" -- announced and certified as such by both ecotech marine and neptune.

+1

Unread 04/23/2014, 06:52 PM   #11
Mark426
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
WXM will loose connection to radion when those are powered down , it is normal for them to resume at full blast before they reconnect to WXM so the WXM can tell them what to do > Just check on your apex module page and you will see them as disconnected when they are powered down . Just keep them powered up ! And use the EB8 outlet for something else .

Alain

What I thought. Thanks for confirmation.

Mark426 is offline   Reply With Quote