Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/05/2008, 11:34 AM   #1
mil hse
just frag it

20H SH tank?

SO im @ the LFS this week with my girlfriend, she asks me why i haven't set up a tank for her yet. I tell her "Im in the process of setting up my 65 reef baby" well this doesn't go over to well wiht her as i have alot of $$ into it so far and no water yet :-) well needless to say she wants a small SH tnak for the bedroom. So i bought a 20H. (figured this would be big enough for a pr since my LFS had 2 in a 14gal bio cube)... so im new to the SH thing, been doing research but i figured id ask the PRO's :-)

now i know lower flow is good i m thinking a aquaclear 70 (turned into a fuge) with a nano powerhead?
lighting will be 80watt (40 if thats too much) of T-5
Small hearter
Live rock
Zoo's and clover polyps... etc (no stinging or sps)

Does this sound OK? Im doing this as a X mas gift so your help would be great.

PS i m looking @ getting a pr from ORA (CB the orange or yellow ones) not sure yet... which ever she likes.

Thanks in advance
Milhse

mil hse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2008, 07:16 AM   #2
kfra
Registered Member

Tank sounds fine to me. If you are throwing some corals in why not add a gorg or two for them to hitch too. 20H isn't insanely large but i found it perfect for a pair of erectus. Make sure the pair you get are eating frozen, or the keeping/cleanup of shrimp and brine will get annoying...fast. But I'm sure you have decided that already. 80 Watts is good, They can take lighting as long you don't have so much it heats the water,(Just remember to acclimate with the lights off) and of course your right with no stingers, they are sensitive. So yeah...long story short, yes it should be fine.

kfra is offline   Reply With Quote