Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 11/16/2006, 10:00 PM   #151
ShiftNation
Registered Member

damn thats some nice growth for 10 months .

Current Tank Info: 58 gallon custom setup w/foam epoxy background
Unread 11/16/2006, 10:02 PM   #152
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by naso345543
Can't access that link..you need to log in. I'm curious how much gh was used in a 10mo peroid. The vials are measured in IU not MG. Also if you do your research you can find it a lot cheaper than 80 euros. when I was a gym rat gh was going for about $15 an IU now you can find it for $3 to$ 5 an IU
It depends on the coral load. The more corals, the more you have to add. The reason for the HGH addition is to increase the corals metabolism.

Actually you can convert IU to mg or vice versa. For example:
Somatropin- One 6mg Vial 0.2mg or 0.6 IU per day OR Two 6mg vials 0.4mg or 1.2 IU per day . Conversion differs from drug ID.

Unread 11/17/2006, 04:36 AM   #153
panosb
Registered Member

May I ask a question of both ethical and somewhat technical nature?

Is all this a healthy reefkeeping? Is it right to introduce such methods in the hobby? Do corals really thrive or are we setting a bio-clock-bomb in our setups?

(I am not criticising, in the contrary, I am extremely interested in knowing your opinions! I am nearly determined to do the same, guys, I am not any strict puritanist...!)

Thank you!

Unread 11/17/2006, 05:14 AM   #154
benf
Premium Member

what effect have you noticed on the fish?

Current Tank Info: None :(
Unread 11/17/2006, 05:19 AM   #155
wentreefgirl
Registered Member

I love the polyp extension. Is that a result of the hgh or flow?

Unread 11/17/2006, 05:53 AM   #156
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wentreefgirl
I love the polyp extension. Is that a result of the hgh or flow?
This could be a number of things. Remember how someone in a previous post said fish are minimal? It could be as something as easy as the coral learns that its polyps will not be bitten off so it can extend freely throughout day/night. It could aso sense the change of nutrients in water just like your LPS/Softies as they open up hoping food will land. A polyp's function is also made for respiration and photosynthesis. Take yourself to the top of Mount Everest.. its harder to breathe.. now take a coral to a low concentrated area.. again.. its trying to "breathe". A polyp's extension may also extend longer due to the light it may be trying to feed off of. Genetics is another. Im sure i missed some other reasons, but it could be due to a number of things.

As for the HGH... no scientific study has shown if it even works, but feeding a high protein diet and adding AA's 4 hours prior to the dosage of the cubes may lead to greater polyp extension. The Blue Coral method reminds me of the ZEOvit method. You have those who will believe because they have seen it from experience and you have those who just dont feel it will work. I noticed that the Italians had long disucssions over this with closed threads. The ZEOvit method also had this effect even in Germany.

Unread 11/17/2006, 05:57 AM   #157
panosb
Registered Member

Does a polyp feed off of light???

Unread 11/17/2006, 06:05 AM   #158
ik2vov
Registered Member

In this tread are shown tanks that uses Zeovit system (Brulz one), tanks that uses XAqua system (Alexalbe one, the Xaqua system is a zeo like system), thanks with the Blu Coral method and tanks with other simple method. I think this can make misunderstandings.

Bye

Current Tank Info: 110cmx65cmx60cm (43,30 x 25,59 x 23,62 Inch)
Unread 11/17/2006, 06:09 AM   #159
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by panosb
Does a polyp feed off of light???
zooxanthellae live symbiotically on the coral's polyp.

Unread 11/17/2006, 06:19 AM   #160
t-bone2
Registered Member

very nice

Current Tank Info: 210gal becoming reef 90 reef going away
Unread 11/17/2006, 07:32 AM   #161
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ik2vov
In this tread are shown tanks that uses Zeovit system (Brulz one), tanks that uses XAqua system (Alexalbe one, the Xaqua system is a zeo like system), thanks with the Blu Coral method and tanks with other simple method. I think this can make misunderstandings.

Bye
I was wondering what Xaqua was. I saw it on a couple of people's signature. Is this an italian brand?

Unread 11/17/2006, 07:44 AM   #162
ik2vov
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by invincible569
I was wondering what Xaqua was. I saw it on a couple of people's signature. Is this an italian brand?
Yes Edward, it's an Italian "new" system, if i'm correct it's about one year old.

Bye

Unread 11/17/2006, 08:48 AM   #163
Ceak
Registered Member

So what is "the simple method"...

Intense lighting, strong flow and overfeeding (the corals, fish or both)?

Unread 11/17/2006, 09:09 AM   #164
TexasTodd
Registered Member

Still wanting to know what most over there are using to bring their MG levels up. I know there are many methods; just curious about what they are doing in Italy.

I'd also like to know if there are tanks where people are doing the high feed protien mix WITHOUT the HGH and what is their growth rates.

Thanks,

Todd

Unread 11/17/2006, 09:13 AM   #165
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasTodd
Still wanting to know what most over there are using to bring their MG levels up. I know there are many methods; just curious about what they are doing in Italy.

I'd also like to know if there are tanks where people are doing the high feed protien mix WITHOUT the HGH and what is their growth rates.

Thanks,

Todd
Todd, if you are having issues bringing Mg levels up, you may want to raise your salinity levels (concetration is stronger). You may also want to check your salt brand. But like I said in a previous post, you can use a reactor with lower PH to dissolve the Mg media. I know you are looking for the Italian way.. but maybe this will get you started off somewhere.

The method without the HGH reminds of the Eric Borneman coral food.

Unread 11/17/2006, 09:25 AM   #166
ik2vov
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ceak
So what is "the simple method"...

Intense lighting, strong flow and overfeeding (the corals, fish or both)?
Yes Ceak,

intense lighting, strong flow, food always available for corals as Ca. I don't' suggest the overfeeding in young tanks, it' necessary to have a really mature tank to do it.

Bye

Unread 11/17/2006, 12:00 PM   #167
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

Ok I would like to thank everyone that has posted information and pictures to this tread. I would like to participate with HGH were do I obtain it and how much of it do I add? I know that there is no such thing as a Magic Bullet but here in America everything is shunned upon if it is not a marketing issue. Lets try and keep our minds open to this new technology and see if it will work first before some of us bash it or say things like is this ethical to add HGH to our tanks. If anyone would like to share information with me private please do so. I have always kept an open mind towards others in different parts of the world to see what they do and try and apply this to my own setup. I would really like to know more about these tanks but I can’t read Italian from some of the links. The tanks pictured above are of incredible magnitude and should be in my opinion look at further for future reference as to how to keep reef aquaria. Please do not take anything I say as bashing but threads like this always get closed because people start hating on each other and I for one would like to learn more about this………………keep the info rolling.
P.S. invincible569 If there is some secret society that I can join please feel free to send me a pm or email at miezza@msn.com
P.S.S. sorry for the rant

LIVE SAND ITS THE CURE........®

Current Tank Info: 120 CUBE Live sand Mitras lx6100hv MRC MR 2 single becket MP40 power head Aquamedic dosing pump using B-ionic
Unread 11/17/2006, 12:09 PM   #168
rleechb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by benf
what effect have you noticed on the fish?
Increased acne, back hair, and a sharp increase in aggressive behavior.

Unread 11/17/2006, 01:34 PM   #169
blide
Premium Member

LOL, all this HGH stuff makes me laugh...

HGH - Human Growth Hormone's are steroids which are illegal in the US and you will go to jail if you get caught with it.

Unread 11/17/2006, 02:41 PM   #170
invincible569
Registered Member

If you want to know more about the HGH blu coral method.. here's some more info (credit goes to Fabio-Sir who has used this system and is also at 1600mg):

HGH is not absorbed by the coral, but it affects its cellularly (membrane level) creating special proteins. Theoriticaly that is.

In order to prevent high PO4/Nitrates, you can use a ice cube tray to make this solution and slice them up even more dosing 2-3 times a week. It all depends on the coral load.

Unread 11/17/2006, 02:55 PM   #171
adw
Registered Member

Hmmm HGH. If it makes my Oregon Tort grow faster I might risk jail time. lol

Current Tank Info: 36x24x24 90 gal with 40B sump, 2x RADION XR30W, AC3, Tunze osmulator, Octopus XP-2000SSS Cone Skimmer, KORALLIN C-1501, MP40 and 2 Hydor PHs
Unread 11/17/2006, 02:59 PM   #172
Donw
Registered Member

HGH is just a generic term, there are hundred of different "hgh" drugs. Whatever they are using seems to be working. Any Idea what its called or who makes it.

Don

Unread 11/17/2006, 03:45 PM   #173
speckled trout
Registered Member

At least one of the tanks had A LOT of fish. It was several pages back or on one of the links. They were larger fish, too. I think they were tangs. I'll have to go back and look, but I know I saw one that had unbelieveable growth and color that contained quite a few and fairly large ones at that.

Unread 11/17/2006, 04:00 PM   #174
MT1
Registered Member

This is the best thread I have seen to date, I can only dream of having such an awsome tank as the ones I have just seen and thank Invincible for sharing them with us. Cheers

24(18"x12"x12")mixed invertebrate

Current Tank Info: 4' x 2' x 18" DSB sump SPS,LPS and soft
Unread 11/17/2006, 04:07 PM   #175
benf
Premium Member

so are the chromis as big as tangs now?

Current Tank Info: None :(
Closed Thread