Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Long Island Reef Association (LIRA)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/07/2018, 05:01 PM   #1
MHG
Registered Member

Anyone see a 150DD F/S on LI?

since I am redoing the tank, I have been thinking about upsizing. There is a bunch of LFS's on the island. Anyone see any Marineland 150DD Tanks and stands?

Unread 03/07/2018, 08:34 PM   #2
jmadd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
since I am redoing the tank, I have been thinking about upsizing. There is a bunch of LFS's on the island. Anyone see any Marineland 150DD Tanks and stands?
You can ask don at aqua hut he can get anything and you can't beat his prices

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jmadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/07/2018, 08:46 PM   #3
D.moller
Registered Member

I remember some time back Caribbean blue had a couple deep dim tanks on display. Not sure what they still have as I have not been there in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2018, 04:25 PM   #4
mfaso24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.moller View Post
I remember some time back Caribbean blue had a couple deep dim tanks on display. Not sure what they still have as I have not been there in a while.

+1 on this

mfaso24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2018, 04:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Mark, I usually keep to myself, but i know you are a good guy, you have a nice collection of corals and you have a nice house so, I suggest looking into another manufacturer. Marineland is not a quality tank. You can search all over the internet and find horror stories about there tanks failing. I am one of the ones that lost a 220 because of poor quality. I lost everything and my house was soaked. There are so many bad marineland stories! Just my opinion of course, but I would look for another tank that you can trust.

792404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2018, 07:19 PM   #6
Long Island Andy
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 792404 View Post
Mark, I usually keep to myself, but i know you are a good guy, you have a nice collection of corals and you have a nice house so, I suggest looking into another manufacturer. Marineland is not a quality tank. You can search all over the internet and find horror stories about there tanks failing. I am one of the ones that lost a 220 because of poor quality. I lost everything and my house was soaked. There are so many bad marineland stories! Just my opinion of course, but I would look for another tank that you can trust.
What he said

Current Tank Info: 65g Reef,15g Mantis Tank
Long Island Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2018, 06:59 AM   #7
MHG
Registered Member

Thanks guys. I have seen the horror stories on the 300DD. I haven't seen any on the 150DD. Would make sense that the tanks are popping on the long side.

I know there was a 90 gallon cube out there. Custom is not going to be in my price range. Even having one ordered tends to be a bit more than taking the one off their hands that's been sitting around.

Thanks for the heads up.

Unread 03/31/2018, 05:41 AM   #8
MHG
Registered Member

Its funny. When you stumble on one sitting around, you can get the tank, stand and canopy for as little as $1999. But to order it, its $2700. I saw a 150H that would look nice where my cube is, but the return is on the wrong side. Too bad, she liked it... I can go "up" by going to a Deep Blue 74 cube.

Unread 04/03/2018, 04:25 AM   #9
chuckbuc
Registered Member

I would have to agree i have learnt this the hard way .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 792404 View Post

chuckbuc is offline   Reply With Quote