Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/18/2017, 05:59 AM   #76
RedStangGA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTheTerrible View Post
Glad to see your tank is coming along.

- Ivan
Thanks! Looking forward to being able to add livestock like you are!

Busy days the last couple of days. I didn't like how low the fuge was in the garage. It wasn't going to be able to serve as overflow capacity for the sump, and frankly wasn't needed, plus I wasn't able to get much flow into the fuge because the drains through the garage wall to the sump were so high. So, I built a much taller stand, drained the fuge almost all the way down, and enlisted the help of a visiting cousin and my daughter to lift the current stand and tank up, slide the new stand under, and place the old stand right on top of the new one. The old stand had 3" stubby legs that worked perfectly as guides and to help secure the old stand on top of the new. This also served as a water change for the DT.

Since BRS was having bonus rewards and 10x rewards on the Tunze Stream 3, I ordered two of those as well this morning. The 5 year warranty really wins me over as well as their reportedly great customer service and reputation for quality. I just can't see spending over twice the money on MP60's for a shorter warranty. I really love the Ecotech MP's but it's getting more and more difficult to justify the cost, especially when the default answer after a year now is to buy a new wet side. So, excited that I'll finally have some real flow!

Unread 10/18/2017, 06:01 AM   #77
RedStangGA
Registered Member

Looks like I need to lower the lights some to get less interference from the braces. Middle rock will get moved and stacked on the left somewhere when I move the rest of the rock from the cube over in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 10/24/2017, 05:38 AM   #78
RedStangGA
Registered Member

Got reef toys in. 2 Tunze Stream 3's, another 3155 ATO, and a Kessil H380 grow light. I promised the wife she could have something to wrap up for me for Christmas and the grow light won that contest.

I like the Stream 3's. they're smaller than I expected and so far have made my back corners devoid of sand. I'll need to move both closer to the center back wall, lower them, and aim them slightly upward. I'll also move some rubble from the fuge to the back corner and see if that keeps the sand in place. Oh, the Tunze's are dead silent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 10/24/2017, 03:47 PM   #79
RRA
Registered Member

Beautiful tank

RRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2017, 04:17 PM   #80
RedStangGA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRA View Post
Beautiful tank
Thanks! It'll look better once I get some coral's in it. Have a shipment coming in tomorrow that'll get dipped and then into QT until mid-January.

I moved the Stream 3's around but am still blowing out my sand from the corners on full blast and this isn't "fine" sand either. I take that as a good thing.

My wrasse that had a bacterial infection seems to be recovering very well. Fins are just about completely restored and only a small reddish area on his back left side now. His 10 days of treatment are up tomorrow and I'll just observe from that point but continue to treat food with selcon.