Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Tank And Reef Society (STARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/25/2014, 12:30 PM   #1
FASTnDIRTY
Registered Member

Quarantine Set-up

Getting out of the hobby...
This is my quarantine set-up... I will let it go for $150 or best offer...

I am getting out of the hobby, so I am selling my Aquarium Quarantine set-up. I used this for watching new fish or treating sick fish before going into my large display tank.

First set-up is a 10 gallon aquarium with a large Aqua-Tech HOB filter with a box of extra filter pads. Sides and back are painted black. It has a lighted cover to keep fish secure. (Not pictured)

Second set-up is more complex. It is a 29 gallon aquarium with a 29 gallon sump. Top aquarium is drilled and fitted with a 1 inch bulkhead which drains down into a very large filter sock (Great for crystal clear water). The top aquarium has sides and back painted black and the bottom painted white. This will easily scrape off if you don't like it. 3 different sizes of PVC for shelter, 1 medium sized plastic plant, 1 powerhead, mag float glass cleaner
In the sump is a large heater, 1 bag of rock rubble, 1 bag of ceramic rings, and 1 bag of rock rubble mixed with Sea Chem Matrix. (Great for Biological filtration) The return line has a flow control valve to reduce flow as needed based on return pump flow. I have 2 different sized attachments depending on the return pump used. (Return pump is NOT included) The return is split and flows into each corner of the aquarium providing extra circulation. Plastic egg crate cover secures fish inside

Aquariums sit on a custom wood stand which has been stained and sealed black. I am also including a 5 gallon bucket, a 5 gallon water jug, and 6 feet of hose for easy water changes.
This is a fantastic set-up to help fish recover from transport as well as prevent unwanted pests or diseases in your main display tank.

This would also be a good start for someone wanting to try out the hobby... with a little modification, this could be a great little freshwater or saltwater set-up.
I am asking $150 or best offer. (I will not "hold" for anyone, first come, first serve.)

There are many more pictures on CL (Asking $180 on CL, so remember to let me know you are RC...

$300 for this set-up and the Protein Skimmer if you want both...

Last edited by FASTnDIRTY; 08/25/2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Details
FASTnDIRTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/27/2014, 10:34 AM   #2
FASTnDIRTY
Registered Member

Updated price $100

Unread 08/29/2014, 07:22 AM   #3
FASTnDIRTY
Registered Member

I will throw in my bucket of salt (200g) mix

Unread 08/29/2014, 12:32 PM   #4
FASTnDIRTY
Registered Member

I also will give you my refractometer...

Unread 09/02/2014, 07:28 AM   #5
FASTnDIRTY
Registered Member

Saltwater Test Kit also included...

Unread 09/05/2014, 02:06 PM   #6
EPRuss
Registered Member

What a sweet deal, buy a bucket of salt, a refractometer, and test kit, and get a free quarantine setup!
I'd jump on if I had an extra benji, but I'm putting my $ into live stock right now.

Saw your adds on CL also, looks like a good deal for the display as well, but it's a lot of doe to drop in one shot.

By the way sorry, to see you're quitting the hobby.

EPRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2014, 02:32 PM   #7
FASTnDIRTY
Registered Member

Sold... Fastndirty has left the building...