Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/06/2013, 09:47 AM   #26
tbryan
Registered Member

Wow somebody likes anemones.

tbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2013, 10:12 AM   #27
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbryan View Post
Wow somebody likes anemones.
and clams

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2013, 10:20 AM   #28
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

ok so look like all those nems are going to the same tank...... humm... sure you want to put all the eggs in the same basket?

Pinkskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2013, 10:34 AM   #29
OrionN
Moved on

I am sure I will have some species tank if I have problem, but for now I plan to keep them in the same system. I tested and have keep Gigantea, Malu and Haddoni in the same tank without problem. Had problem with Magnifica so I have to sell the two magnifica I had for now. I just don't have the room for them. Once I got my system going and free up a lot of the smaller tanks, I will get a Magnifica or two.
I don't plan to have this system crash on me. Been there, done that and don't want to repeat it. (Huge system crash that is)

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 05/08/2013, 08:20 PM   #30
RIGUY314
Registered Member

good luck with the new tank! looks to be a great build. can't wait to see the progress pics.

RIGUY314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2013, 08:42 AM   #31
ulmo
Registered Member

Looking forward to seeing the new setup.

ulmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2013, 09:52 AM   #32
Rotknee
Registered Member

This is going to be an awesome tank Minh. With 36" in width to play with your aquascaping options will be plentiful. I am looking forward to see how you situate you carpets.

What about flow? Any MP60's in your plans? Two MP60's and two MP40's would be incredible.

Unread 05/14/2013, 10:56 AM   #33
kegogut
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotknee View Post
This is going to be an awesome tank Minh. With 36" in width to play with your aquascaping options will be plentiful. I am looking forward to see how you situate you carpets.

What about flow? Any MP60's in your plans? Two MP60's and two MP40's would be incredible.
I agree the MPs would be awesome. I keep hearing about the Jebao pumps,a couple of those 40s might be the way to go. Havent tried them myself though!

"I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them." --Nicomo Cosca.

Current Tank Info: 225 mixed w/ 225 sump 550 lbs live rock,3x MarinePure ceramic blocks,Skimz SM201,Geo 618 CR,Vectra L1,DOS automatic water changes,3x 250w MH w/ 4x actinic T5,All ran by Apex thru Fusion.--57 community tank w/ OR T-247,120 nem tank.
kegogut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2013, 12:52 PM   #34
OrionN
Moved on

I got 4 MP40 and 1 MP60. This will have to do. P lan of an MP60 and MP40 on one side and three MP40 on the other side. Will see if I need to change things around

Unread 05/14/2013, 12:54 PM   #35
kegogut
Registered Member

I think that will be more than enough. lol

"I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them." --Nicomo Cosca.

Current Tank Info: 225 mixed w/ 225 sump 550 lbs live rock,3x MarinePure ceramic blocks,Skimz SM201,Geo 618 CR,Vectra L1,DOS automatic water changes,3x 250w MH w/ 4x actinic T5,All ran by Apex thru Fusion.--57 community tank w/ OR T-247,120 nem tank.
kegogut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2013, 12:56 PM   #36
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

Wait.. how small a tank is this...

To bad a ramping situation could not be made where you could ramp them up some based on their location.

Kinda like the radion setup now. It knows where the lights are and in which order to simulate a sunrise/set. Why not to be able to modulate a ramp from 20 to 50% around the circle of PH's.

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2013, 03:54 PM   #37
OrionN
Moved on

I need to look into it but I think with VorTech, we can control timming and speed of the PH. The Random Reefcrest mode is actually very good in tanks with excessive water movement capacity like this one. At least I intentionally set it up so that there will be excessive water movement at times. Calm at night and irregular movement during the day.

Unread 10/24/2013, 02:49 AM   #38
BattleAthletics
Registered Member

Following

BattleAthletics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2013, 03:00 AM   #39
BattleAthletics
Registered Member

Whats the size of the return piping? Maybe you can get away using sea swirls with eductors for added random flow?

Unread 10/24/2013, 06:55 AM   #40
Deepsea2005
Registered Member

Minh, any update pics?

Deepsea2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2013, 07:13 AM   #41
OrionN
Moved on

I promise I will update this weekend.
The fish room is semi finish. Water and electricity and drain is there, airconditioner system are all in. The tank is is level, fresh water test run finished. I drained the tank on Monday, will need a little more cleaning before fill it again with salt water. A budy will help me get 400 gal of NSW this weekend. My rock have been under the CC bay for the last 2-3 months. As soon as I get the water, I will put the rock in. Light rack is finish. I have the skimmer and Ca reactor and Kalk reactor, controller and dosing pumps for these two reactors all all here. All the Vortech and Radiom lights are here.
I will use two remoter 40 g breeder for a deep sand bed and frag tanks. Later, I will also build a system for breeding clownfish.
Ofvourse the coral, clams and anemones have been with me forever in holding system.
I anticipate minimal cycle if any. All the corals, anemones and clams will be ready to go in very quickly.

Essentially everything is here. I just need to get they are put together.

Unread 10/24/2013, 07:15 AM   #42
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAthletics View Post
Whats the size of the return piping? Maybe you can get away using sea swirls with eductors for added random flow?
Hugo,
I use one of the dragon pump that come with the system. I have not look at the model number but it move plenty of water (I got the system used)
Do you think you can help this weekend? With your back I don't want you to do any lifting but being there and keep me on task and cheering me on is important.

Unread 10/24/2013, 07:59 AM   #43
BattleAthletics
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
Hugo,
I use one of the dragon pump that come with the system. I have not look at the model number but it move plenty of water (I got the system used)
Do you think you can help this weekend? With your back I don't want you to do any lifting but being there and keep me on task and cheering me on is important.

Id love to but im working nights this weekend. Should of told me last weekend I would of helped then! Ill see what I can do and help if I can.

Im usually up by 1 or 2.

Last edited by BattleAthletics; 10/24/2013 at 08:07 AM.
Unread 10/24/2013, 09:22 PM   #44
OrionN
Moved on

Thanks anyway. You got to come over once it is up.

Unread 10/24/2013, 09:39 PM   #45
BattleAthletics
Registered Member

No doubt, I still have that Duncan to give you.

Unread 11/01/2013, 07:26 AM   #46
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

I can not wait to see the updates.

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2013, 07:36 AM   #47
BattleAthletics
Registered Member

I know he's slacking in updates.

Unread 11/01/2013, 06:45 PM   #48
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Hey Minh! Good to see that you're reefing still! I used to really be into clams years ago and did many posts in the clams forum...only have 1 clam now. I'm more into SPS these days.

Look forward to this thread.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2013, 07:03 AM   #49
OrionN
Moved on

Hey, I have been really busy so could not update this thread as much as I like.
Here it is. I just pull the rock from the bay (with some friend) and just pile it in the tank. No aqua scape yet. The light is not on but skimmer is online. The light there is just room light. As you can see the trimming is not done. Hope to get it done in the near future.
The rock are full of critters, go straight from the bay to my tank. No cycle. I will so some aqua scape and add a layer of sand this week.

I have to send one of my MP60 back to Ecotech for repair. My fault. I dropped it.

Unread 11/04/2013, 07:05 AM   #50
OrionN
Moved on

Now that I muster enough time to put the tank together. Update will be more often. Hard to update just a hole in the wall. There is just so many shot you can get on a empty tank and a hole in the wall.