Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/17/2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Newreeflady
Registered Member

Thumbs up The new Aquasilencer (Stockman design) = quiet reef tank!

Well, as some of you may know, I initially cut some flow by adjusting the drain of my overflow in order to silence it. Many warned me against this, saying it was a flood waiting to happen. I saw firsthand that the water level would increase in the overflow box dramatically on startup, and this made me uneasy.

I saw someone mention that they had the Lifereef overflow and they had gotten a newly designed Aquasilencer from Ken Stockman. I quickly e-mailed Ken, who was more than willing to help me. He built it and shipped it to me the same week

After installing it, I noticed that now I had a burping problem in the sump, which was almost as annoying as a noisy overflow. So, I contacted Ken who suggested a very common way to alleviate this. I just installed a tee on my drain, with a 90 degree elbow facing up, and a cap at the top with a 3/8" hole drilled for tubing. Now, I can barely hear a thing, the loudest thing is the Bubblemaster skimmer (not sure why, it seemed quiet at first... but, anyhow...)

YAY! I am so pleased. Now I can leave the tank without fearing a flood.

-Angela

A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen. The master poured the visitor’s cup to the brim, and then kept pouring. The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself. “It’s overfull! No more will go in!” the professor blurted. “You are like this cup,” the master replied, “How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup.”

Current Tank Info: 56g, 20g.
Newreeflady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2007, 06:36 AM   #2
kstockman
Registered Member

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers
ken

kstockman is offline   Reply With Quote