Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/08/2016, 10:21 PM   #126
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefClownMIA View Post
We will have some socks come in the container shipment due in mid-end of this month.
Damn dude, we're fast! You beat me by 1 minute!

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2016, 10:53 PM   #127
greenstreet.1
Registered Member

Very very nice it looks like I have to hit you guys up on my next build.

Is that the new apex pump I see in the pics ?

greenstreet.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2016, 11:19 PM   #128
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

This is a group picture of 9/10th of the team in Germany.

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2016, 09:07 AM   #129
danrobberg
Registered Member

Is it the Royal Exclusiv USA site?

danrobberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2016, 09:08 AM   #130
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrobberg View Post
Is it the Royal Exclusiv USA site?
Yes, we'll post up a link to the socks once they go online.

Unread 03/09/2016, 09:17 AM   #131
danrobberg
Registered Member

You guys are fast. So glad I went with RE

Unread 03/09/2016, 09:40 AM   #132
Shredded
Registered Member

Hey Scott, Does this container have the parts that I wanted also?
On my other project, the tank estimate (tank and stand) came in at 37,000.00. I really would like to put a RE sump on here. Do we have any sumps at all at the Florida facility that I can try to make work? I am going to work with the carpenter to get the width that I need in the cabinet. I have resolved the length issues.

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2016, 10:45 AM   #133
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
Hey Scott, Does this container have the parts that I wanted also?
On my other project, the tank estimate (tank and stand) came in at 37,000.00. I really would like to put a RE sump on here. Do we have any sumps at all at the Florida facility that I can try to make work? I am going to work with the carpenter to get the width that I need in the cabinet. I have resolved the length issues.
Your items are included in the container shipment. No Dreamboxes currently at the Florida facility and there are no dreamboxes for our inventory on this shipment. Worse case, once you figure out exactly what you want in terms of a Dreambox for that system, we will have you place a new order with Germany so they can get that going for you.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 03/10/2016, 06:32 AM   #134
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Is there anyone who has bought one of these and had it shipped to your local airport and picked up from there that I can PM some questions about that process to?

Unread 03/10/2016, 08:38 PM   #135
slief
RC Sponsor

Last edited by slief; 03/10/2016 at 08:49 PM.
Unread 03/11/2016, 09:31 AM   #136
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
Is there anyone who has bought one of these and had it shipped to your local airport and picked up from there that I can PM some questions about that process to?
It should be pretty simple for you. Just track the shipment through the carrier. They should be able update you about the airline, flight number and even customs status once it arrives at the airport. Once it clears customs, you would pick it up at the airline freight counter at the airport. Typically the freight pickup is outside the airport. The carrier who is handling the transport from Germany to your airport should be able to advice you of the location as should the airline that the sump is being shipped with. Customs will also have your number on the paperwork should be there any issues.

Unread 03/14/2016, 12:51 PM   #137
ArmanS
Registered Member

Do you think its much cheaper that way? I really really want a dreambox but the shipping quote I received was around $2500.

Unread 03/14/2016, 12:54 PM   #138
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I'm in the process of picking it up. I was charged $350 shipping from RE and just found out the freight forwarder they used is going to charge me another $180 to get it when it's ready later this afternoon. Sucks that I didn't expect having to dish out another $180 but still way cheaper than the price you just mentioned. My dreambox is one of the smaller ones though. Not sure what size you are looking at though

Unread 03/14/2016, 01:43 PM   #139
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
I'm in the process of picking it up. I was charged $350 shipping from RE and just found out the freight forwarder they used is going to charge me another $180 to get it when it's ready later this afternoon. Sucks that I didn't expect having to dish out another $180 but still way cheaper than the price you just mentioned. My dreambox is one of the smaller ones though. Not sure what size you are looking at though
I bet that $180 was local state duties or taxes.. Different states have different import fees or taxes from my understanding. Keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing that thing in your home..

Unread 03/14/2016, 01:44 PM   #140
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Customs didn't charge me at all. This was a un-crating fee and warehouse transfer fee from the carrier to the forwarder. Sounds like BS to me but what ever

Unread 03/14/2016, 04:18 PM   #141
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Customs didn't charge me at all. This was a un-crating fee and warehouse transfer fee from the carrier to the forwarder. Sounds like BS to me but what ever
I pinged Germany about that to see what that's all about. Will let you know what I find out. When are you supposed to pick it up?

Unread 03/14/2016, 04:43 PM   #142
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I just brought it home and unloaded it. I borrowed a truck to pick it up so I have to take that back first before I can totally unwrap it. I can tell you that is the best packaged thing I have ever bought. There was at least 6-8" of thick bubble wrap around everything. I'll post pics in about an hour in a half when I get back.

Unread 03/14/2016, 06:15 PM   #143
danrobberg
Registered Member

That shipping g price is a steal. Take lots of pics and prepare to be blown away. Be careful cutting through the bubble wrap so you don't scratch the dreambox.

Unread 03/14/2016, 06:41 PM   #144
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Oh I cut this thing open like I was a surgeon! Not 1 scratch on it, it's perfect.

So yes, this thing is a work of art! It was a very long day getting it and was more of a pain than I hoped but it was worth it. It's so awesome in person. The skimmer is HUGE! I have a pic of it next to a 10# bottle for my calcium reactor and it dwarfs it! I had no idea how big it would be in person. It's hard to capture the look of the seams on a phone but I love the overall look. I'm cutting the right wall for the stand still and the left one is still unpainted but they will be recessed inside the frame and painted white to go with the theme. I'm going to leave the back and fronts open. The style of the dreambox sets the inside of the stand off. I've got the new Geosreef calcium reactor on its way and his new style is white/clear acrylic so that will add too it. Behind the sump is a 29g tank for my ATO res, to the right will be my lifereef refugium. Too bad that's black. I might move the CaRx up front to show it off more and put the five behind it. Return pump is a Vectra L1 and it fits nicely in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway here are some pics:

This pic shows I had them cut a few more power cord slits for heaters and ATO wires in return section.

Unread 03/14/2016, 07:36 PM   #145
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Here is my lifereef skimmer cup vs this beast.

Unread 03/14/2016, 09:24 PM   #146
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Very Nice! I'm glad that you were able to get it this quick after it had finally shipped. She looks real good!

Unread 03/14/2016, 10:25 PM   #147
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Oh I cut this thing open like I was a surgeon! Not 1 scratch on it, it's perfect.

So yes, this thing is a work of art! It was a very long day getting it and was more of a pain than I hoped but it was worth it. It's so awesome in person. The skimmer is HUGE! I have a pic of it next to a 10# bottle for my calcium reactor and it dwarfs it! I had no idea how big it would be in person. It's hard to capture the look of the seams on a phone but I love the overall look. I'm cutting the right wall for the stand still and the left one is still unpainted but they will be recessed inside the frame and painted white to go with the theme. I'm going to leave the back and fronts open. The style of the dreambox sets the inside of the stand off. I've got the new Geosreef calcium reactor on its way and his new style is white/clear acrylic so that will add too it. Behind the sump is a 29g tank for my ATO res, to the right will be my lifereef refugium. Too bad that's black. I might move the CaRx up front to show it off more and put the five behind it. Return pump is a Vectra L1 and it fits nicely in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway here are some pics:

This pic shows I had them cut a few more power cord slits for heaters and ATO wires in return section.

Good god!!!! VERY FRICKEN NICE!!! I bet you were like a kid in a candy store.. I know I would be! Seeing this makes me jealous if you can believe that. I wish I had the space to get one of these below my tank but my doors won't permit it with 5000 pounds of tank above it. I told you it would be worth it though.. Absolutely beautiful!

They pack those things like a coffin. Pretty crazy isn't it?? I am so happy for you. Having been communicating with you for so long and living vicariously through your wait, I am really glad it came to a very happy and climactic ending or should I say beginning. You have been very patient and I am just happy you're happy. Congratulations man!! I can't wait to see this come together!!

Unread 03/14/2016, 10:27 PM   #148
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Thanks Scott for the kind words and the help along the way. I appreciate it.

Unread 03/16/2016, 01:40 PM   #149
ArmanS
Registered Member

That looks amazing. I really really want one!

Unread 03/23/2016, 07:21 PM   #150
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I got one of the drain lines dry fitted. What do you guys think? Does it look too restrictive?