Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/30/2018, 06:57 AM   #376
Ricardo18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPotter View Post
Yeah my nutrients have gone to zero so I lowered my alk to around 7.5, cut back on the intensity on my radions and started dosing Red Sea Reef Energy A and B at 25% of the suggested rate. Im not 100% happy with my colors but they are good and Im getting great growth.
Why do you think a lower ALK is necessary...do you know something I don't? I run at 9.0.

Current Tank Info: 500 gallon display,650 system Lifereef Skimmer Ozone UV Apex Radion Genesis
Ricardo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/30/2018, 07:15 AM   #377
SPotter
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Ricardo18;25427011]Why do you think a lower ALK is necessary...do you know something I don't? I run at 9.0.[/QUOTE

I had always read that if you have low or no nutrients its better to run lower alk levels otherwise you could burn the corals. Basically following some of the ULNS principles.

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2018, 11:15 AM   #378
McPuff
Registered Member

Ricardo, what's going on with this tank? We need some pics! I'll bet it's really filling out.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large new tank build, new tank build