Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/07/2020, 06:29 AM   #101
Wspangler
Registered Member

How is the tank doing? Any recent pics?

Wspangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2020, 10:24 AM   #102
Raoul5Duke
Registered Member

Thanks for asking. I had a large die off early last year but the tank has recovered and is doing pretty well. I am planning on some improvements including a calcium reactor and moving some lighting around, etc. I will try to update after. I like the light rack you helped Nathan build, looks sharp.

Raoul5Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/2020, 07:17 AM   #103
Raoul5Duke
Registered Member

Updated Pics

See below
image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

Unread 10/14/2020, 07:25 AM   #104
Raoul5Duke
Registered Member

Updated Pics 2 & Improvement plans

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image3 (2).jpeg

image4 (2).jpeg

image5 (1).jpeg

The first two pics are the backside of the aquarium. The last 3 show on of the 40 breeder frag tanks I have, my current reactor setup and my UV setup which was added after the initial build due to an ich outbreak. My upgrade plans include adding an Aquamaxx calcium reactor as two part and kalk top off are no longer keeping up and too volatile. Additionally I want to move the frag tank so I can plumb the UV reactor in line and go to just one Redion above each of the frag tanks and either sell or use as supplemental lights on the main tank the T5 fixture I was using on the other frag tank. I am also going to try the Nyos torgue reactors to save some space, although given their reviews I am skeptical. Hopefully this reduces maintenance time further and results in more stable levels.

Unread 10/17/2020, 06:45 AM   #105
Wspangler
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul5Duke View Post
Thanks for asking. I had a large die off early last year but the tank has recovered and is doing pretty well. I am planning on some improvements including a calcium reactor and moving some lighting around, etc. I will try to update after. I like the light rack you helped Nathan build, looks sharp.
I had forgot about this thread until I seen your user name pop up in Nathan's. Sorry to hear about the die off. It must have recovered well. Looks good to me.

Wspangler is offline   Reply With Quote