Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Tridacnid Clams and other Mollusks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/08/2017, 03:34 PM   #26
z3speed4me
Registered Member

Well this guy after ~8 hours is ok thus far, had tons of rubble connected to his foot... I have him in a little dish with a bunch of other rubble rock. I'll see what happens over the next few days / weeks.

z3speed4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/13/2017, 02:41 PM   #27
rsepiphyte
Registered Member

I just purchased a maxima clam from them, unfortunately there was a delay in delivery on their end and the clam arrived in cold water after being in the packing container for 2 days. It has lasted 5 days but today it is gaping. I am quite sure it isn't going to make it.

rsepiphyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2017, 09:27 PM   #28
lovetoclown
Registered Member

I just got a derasa yesterday from them. Seemed to start opening up and looked good. 24 hours it looked like it opened so wide it tore itself apart.

lovetoclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2017, 12:38 PM   #29
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

My max is still good after one month.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2017, 06:41 AM   #30
z3speed4me
Registered Member

2 weeks today.... so far so good.

On Friday the 17th it actually dropped the foot on it's own and got out of my rock rubble dish. Saturday morning it was opened wider than ever. Hoping thing still keep going well.

Unread 03/22/2017, 12:23 PM   #31
Reefers4U
Registered Member

I received two clams from them infested with pyramid snails.

Current Tank Info: 120 Visio // Radions // Eschopps Skimmer // MP40 x2 // Tunze ATO // BRS Dosing Pumps and Dual Reactor // Apex Gold //
Reefers4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2017, 08:04 AM   #32
z3speed4me
Registered Member

POSSIBLY spoke too soon... last night it was gaping randomly, but this morning, inhalant siphon totally shut again which was great to see However the mantle seemed a bit pinched and wasn't responding well to shadows. Early morning lights just turning on so hard to say definitively but hoping it was just starting to "wake up".

I'll see when I get home, but I am already prepared. I can get tons of SPS to grow just fine but cant keep a derasa ughhh so upsetting.

Unread 03/24/2017, 06:13 AM   #33
z3speed4me
Registered Member

And just like that... unfortunately I have no idea what happened, but it's done. VERY fast too, went from super extended to gaping and pinched, then gone when I woke up this morning.

Scraped it out and going to bleach the shell to put on a bathroom shelf or something.

Unread 03/24/2017, 07:20 AM   #34
jda
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Sorry to hear that. There is something happening there. The last batch of frags that I got also all died. I have not had anything good come from them since they went from the Radiums to the Radions. I think that they might be on my no-go list now.

jda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2017, 10:44 AM   #35
z3speed4me
Registered Member

I had an elegance that just absolutely melted lately too; had a gall crab in it when delivered too

Yea I may stick to my local places for a bit, although I've never had issues with fish from them.

Unread 04/01/2017, 01:30 PM   #36
blueclam99
Registered Member

Recently I have good experience with the clams from DiverDen. Several weeks ago I bought the 4" Biota cultured Derasa with tiger stripes markings. The clam has already added 1/4" new shell growth. I bought another 4 1/4" derasa from DD four days ago. I just found out that this added 1/16" new shell growth. I've had too much luck with ORA derasa clams regardless from Liveaquari or Petco in my system over the years. I am very happy with their new cultured clams from Biota.

blueclam99 is offline   Reply With Quote