Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/02/2017, 09:06 AM   #1
little bear
Registered Member

Bob's 450g SPS tank

This is the second day of the New Year.First of all, I sincerely send my regards to everyone, wishing you happy New Year and having a good time every day.
I am Bob, coming from Hangzhou,China. I have 13 years of aquarium experiences since year 2003. It is an amazing thing to watch the beautiful tank at home and the most important, I met my beautiful wife and married her thanks to aquarium. Now I am a father of two pretty girls. Here I thanks a lot for my wife and daughters, their kindness and love always encourage me to keep the habit.
At the same time, I send my great thanks to my best friends.They give me the courage to show the tank and write down the experiences in the tank building and make me more and more professional in coral reef and the fish field.
Thank you, Mr Di and Mr Sanshui . They show me the great charming of the reef tank and Sanshui is a good teacher, giving me much help in tank building and also thanks for Brother Yong,Smog,Jiajia,Old Yu,Vicky,Giolla,Dapigu,Shuai.They give me so much support in setting up the new tanks.
Since Year 2009, I have had so many reef tanks and I really can’t count it exactly, maybe more than 30, so here giving some pictures of these tanks full with memories.
this is the 60cm tank building in 2011

MY dear friend Smog and Sanshui

Details of sps

I will get the key of my new apartment in late March and I will post a message once a week until the new tank is finished. I have prepared for the new tank since 2015 and the size of the tank has been confirmed recently. The main tank is about 70’*31’23’ (1800*800*600mm).Next week I will introduce some details of the new tank build to everyone.

little bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2017, 11:19 PM   #2
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

I think you tried to add pictures, but they did not take.

Welcome to the forums.

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2017, 10:06 PM   #3
FattyK21
Registered Member

Sounds good bud
Cant wait to see
Welcome

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24816891#post24816891

Current Tank Info: 60g Rimless
FattyK21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2017, 08:55 AM   #4
little bear
Registered Member

A new week begins, it’ll be 82 days since I get the key of my new apartment. The decoration is almost finished.I’m waiting for the final clean-up and the delivery of the apartment.

In fact, as early as in 2015, I had begun to prepare for my new tank. One day in September, I invited my friends to visit my new apartment and we discussed where to place my new tanks. According to my apartment structure and my requirements, we decided to put the tank to the entrance of the door where the wall is bulgy. The tank size is 1800 * 800 * 600mm. Considering to apply the Thick Sand System, we installed the pipes to the balcony where we’ll apply the Thick Sand System and place the substrate tank.
I made a genaral design of my separated main tank, the thick sand system and the substrate tank, pls see the drawings below. The drawing is very simple as I only marked some key points in it.

Because my apartment will be well decorated by the decoration company who were hired by the real estate company. They have standard decoration regulation that we, the buyers could not make any modification during the decoration until the property is transferred to us. I have no choice but to try my best to discuss with the decoration company and paid them some money for my special demand. Finally they agreed to slot the wall for us at the first stage of the decoration so that we can put all the pipes into the wall.

One day in the morning, my buddies and I took all the pipes and wires to my new apartment. M buddies helped me fixed up all the pipes and the wires as fast as they could. Meanwhile I also sticked all the pipes by myself. After testing and making sure there will be no leakage, we put all the pipes into the wall. This is very important, or else, I’ll have a big trouble in future.

Unread 01/09/2017, 08:55 AM   #5
little bear
Registered Member

Several days later, when I went to my new apartment, I saw that the wall had been filled with cement, I could only see a few pipes ends outside the wall. I also measured the size of the balcony and later I can make a design for my new tank that I’ll place in the balcony.

I have not paid any attention to the decoration since that day. The decoration was almost finished in December, 2016. In March, 2017, I will make the tank cabinet and build my new tanks.

Next week, I’ll introduce some details of my new tank designs. I’ll have to stop updating BBS for a while as I’ll have other things to do. Anyway, I’ll continue to update BBS after Chinese New Year.

Unread 01/09/2017, 09:30 AM   #6
little bear
Registered Member

put some pics

Unread 01/09/2017, 09:33 AM   #7
little bear
Registered Member

some pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (65.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (76.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (85.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (75.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (89.9 KB, 37 views)
Unread 01/09/2017, 02:06 PM   #8
CrayolaViolence
Registered Member

What is a decoration company?

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon reef tank
CrayolaViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2017, 06:30 PM   #9
little bear
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrayolaViolence View Post
What is a decoration company?
it's the contractor who make the renovation of my house, then i can get the key from the Property developer

Unread 01/09/2017, 06:44 PM   #10
little bear
Registered Member

add some pics

Unread 01/09/2017, 07:00 PM   #11
Lilmatty5dimes
Moved On

Following along.

Lilmatty5dimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2018, 05:30 AM   #12
little bear
Registered Member

Almost one year, I could not log in the forums in time and also, my reef tank had suffered two accidents. One is that the live rock was not very good and the other is that Bacterial is imbalances in the tank. So I had wasted for three months and rebuild my tank in September 10,2017(The teacher’s Day). It is a very special day, I am admitted to a college as a teacher last year.
These are the pictures

Unread 02/10/2018, 06:22 AM   #13
little bear
Registered Member

and the tank is ready, now be patience.

the second day ,water is clear

Unread 02/10/2018, 06:33 AM   #14
little bear
Registered Member

add some fishes and sps

Unread 02/10/2018, 06:39 AM   #15
little bear
Registered Member

and i want some sands in the tank,that's look nice

Unread 02/10/2018, 07:52 AM   #16
little bear
Registered Member

The new year is coming,It has been more than half a year since I built my SPS tank?Here I gives some details of the sps.

Camouflage crab

Unread 02/10/2018, 07:53 AM   #17
little bear
Registered Member

Unread 02/10/2018, 08:11 AM   #18
Achilles Torben
Registered Member

Great skills in DIY Rockwork! Fantastic
Great tank.

Greetings Torben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Achilles Torben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2018, 09:33 AM   #19
McPuff
Registered Member

WOW, that looks terrific! Very nice progression shots too.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2018, 08:01 PM   #20
Mknuwet
Registered Member

�� looks great. Love the progression shots with the algae and all

Mknuwet is offline   Reply With Quote